The Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) is a collaborative third generation (3G) telecommunications specifications-setting project born out of the International Telecommunication Union's (ITU) International Mobile Telecommunications "IMT-2000" initiative.
IMT-2000 is intended to bring high-quality mobile multimedia telecommunications to a worldwide mass market by achieving the goals of increasing the speed and ease of wireless communications, responding to the problems faced by the increased demand to pass data via telecommunications, and providing services anytime, anywhere.
There are five main SDOs involved in the project, known as the Organiational Partners.
Those involved in the project include..
- Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB)
- China Communications Standards Association (CCSA)
- Telecommunication Technology Committee (TTC)
- Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA)
- Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)
There is also the related 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)