UPDATED! Nero Burning ROM 6.3 and Recode v2 available!

Written by Lasse Penttinen @ 14 Dec 2003 6:20 User comments (41)

UPDATED! Nero Burning ROM 6.3 and Recode v2 available! UPDATE: Ahead Software pulled back the Nero Vision Express package, due to some last minute changes that caused bugs when using the Nero Digital. They pulled the release back for a while, fixed it and then re-published, but the version was not changed. Everyone is advised to download the Vision Express package again.
The Nero Recode v2 has been released, as a part of the Nero Vision Express package v2.1.0.3. But suprisingly Ahead also has released a Burning ROM version 6.3.

The changelog for Nero Burning ROM v6.3.0.0 reads:
  • Significant usability improvements
  • AMD64bit support
  • Hyperthreading support

And Nero Recode v2.0.0.0:
  • 1:1 DVD to DVD Copy with original menu
  • Remake a DVD from one or multiple DVD movies
  • Convert DVDs in amazing quality to Nero Digital while using the Nero Digital profile templates
  • Fit the Nero Digital files to DVD, CD or custom size
  • 5.1 channel audio support
  • Unique Watch-while-you-Burn mode
  • Burn-at-once technology
  • Quick and advanced analysis model
  • AMD64bit support

Read the Nero Recode v2 preview and download the Vision Express update from HERE. Get the new Nero Burning ROM from our official mirror site. Also, the InCD has been updated to v4.1.0.0 and you ca get it from here

112.12.2003 13:51
BlkPnthr

Now, that's what I am talkin' about. Just in time for the holidays. Ahead ROCKS!! Keep up the AWESOME WORK! Anyone know if Nero is compatible with AnyDVD v3.2.1.1 from SlySoft,..for De-CSS purposes?

~ You sure you wanna do dat? ~

212.12.2003 17:46

Yeah, that sounds good if you need it. A user manual or pdf would be nice. I *think* the Recode is based on or was worked on by the author of DVD Shrink. Correct me if I'm wrong. RWG

NEC-2500A - Sony DVD-ROM
WinXP Pro w/ SP2, DVD Shrink - DVD Decrypter - Nero 7.x - CloneDVD2 & AnyDVD - DVD Fab - RipIt4Me

312.12.2003 19:14

Well, I was waiting for this release also. But it seems to have bugs. During the process of converting a dvd there is no video preview. I suppose I could live with that, but then when you are done converting the DVD to nero digital, the Nero showtime player doesn't even recognize the file and cant play it!!!!! is there something I'm missing?? do I have to download something else to make this a complete program?? I hope someone out there can help me.

413.12.2003 5:01
BlkPnthr

RWG, they do have manuals posted on their site,...tonnes of them. I'd like to know what other kind of support other programs offer with it, such as De-CSS using SlySoft or something similar. capt45, I am sure something is missing. I would have a hard time believing (not that it isn't possible) that Nero would create a "project" and not have any of it's programs support it. Try Nero ShowTime. I am not a fan of their "MediaPalyer", pretty cheesy looking in my opinion however, ShowTime ususally does a bang-up job of displaying video and audio. Might want to give it a shot.

~ You sure you wanna do dat? ~

513.12.2003 5:41

BlkPnthr Showtime was the program that I have been trying. It works great for all my other video formats, but not the files that I made using Nero. Has anyone had luck playing back movies that were done by Nero Recode 2?? Thanks.

613.12.2003 6:33
kieran32

ShowTime works great for displaying the mp4 created by Recode 2. I haven't had any problems yet. I have only created 4 discs so far....but they all playback fine. I don't think I did anything special....just installed update packs 1 & 2...I am not interested in INCD or Mix.

713.12.2003 6:39

ok

bonnie

813.12.2003 8:43

This software is crap! After spending 4 hours backing up a DVD it says my destination DVD isn't big enough (the disc is 4.7GB and my file is 4.1GB) what do they expect us to do, burn on dual layered discs?!?!?! When I finally DID get it to burn (using butn at once) all it's done is burned 8 coasters.

913.12.2003 10:18
kieran32

no coasters, no problems ..... are you sure you have it pointing at your burner and not at your hard drive...that may be overfull. I do not use this to backup copyright material. There has been no copy protection on the video that I have burned. I did have trouble running Nero 5.5 with win98Se about 8 months ago; but with xp pro and/or home, I haven't had any issues. Perhaps in trying eliminate M$ bloatware memory hogging you may have turned some services off that you need? It is very odd what programs require which services....take a look at services.msc The other thing I have found that most burning software does not play well with each other on the same system

1013.12.2003 15:00

Hi guys, I tried Nero Recode with Anydvd behind it about a week ago. It did work, however my rip time seemed about 2/3 longer than when Anydvd is used with CloneDVD. I haven't tried it again since I like the Anydvd CloneDVD combination. Jerry

1113.12.2003 21:03
ionut_pet

hello

ionut

1214.12.2003 6:38

Okay, I FINALLY got it going. You have to uninstall everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! TWICE! I took out every reace of Nero as well as any other burners (including DVD43) and do a complete re-install. It took a couple of hours, and it "sorta" worked after the first re-install and about a million re-boots but it's working fine so far! FINGERS CROSSED!

1315.12.2003 7:14
brian100

I got it working, but didnt like the results so ive gone back to pinnacle instantcopy..very dissapointing.

1415.12.2003 11:05
ruffrob

Did everything that was needed after downloading the update.....Slammin'

1515.12.2003 18:51

ruffrob 'did everything that was needed after downloading the update....Slammin' What else was needed to be done after downloading and installing the software??? still no luck here after 3 days of trying everything I could think of to make this work. For those of you who are having luck with recode,,,,great,,,but I suspect there are a lot of us who aren't. And the fact that there is no user guide on neros site doesn't help at all.

1616.12.2003 19:20
DSLAM

How come it says I need the MPG2 decoder when the website says that it is included in the Nero Ultra Edition 6 which is what I have. It wont let me use the Recode2 because of that. What is the problem?

"The Law is Reason Free from Passion"--Aristotle

1717.12.2003 0:53

I got the same problem after reinstalling. It pops up in Recode when I try to rip a DVD. The previous installation of Nero 6.3 didn't display this error message, but after reinstalling, it suddenly appeared. Nothing else has changed on my computer, so this doesn't make sense...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Dec 2003 @ 0:55

1817.12.2003 12:57

Same problem here. It wants you to BUY plug-ins. Says they are included with Ultra. I have Ultra but they aren't there. Uninstalled the new version, reinstalled the 60028 version and it works again. Something is wrong with the new version. Jerry

1917.12.2003 14:22

For the folks having problems w/ 6.3: Did you d/l at least the first and second part of 6.3? I haven't tried to do anything with DVDs w/ it yet. Hail - it may take all 4 downloads to everything you need to make it work. I only use it for burning CDs, DVDs and editing MP3s.

2017.12.2003 16:26

RWG I for one have downloaded all four parts of the nero upgrade. I Even redownloaded when I read that some bugs were in the initial download. No luck but I am still trying.

2117.12.2003 17:41

Same here, All 4 parts--tried 2 times so far. I'll give it a rest for now, try later. Not that important to me since ver 60028 still works OK. Would just like to know why it doesn't work. Jerry

2218.12.2003 8:42
DSLAM

Is there a Nero forum were they are talking about this? Or does anyone from Ahead read these forums? How can we get this fixed?

"The Law is Reason Free from Passion"--Aristotle

2318.12.2003 8:52

hi all NERO SUCKS AGAIN!!! Just tried Nero v6300 and when i try to burn any image i had from previous version it makes coasters! it caches files then at te piont where it starts to burn, up pops error "windows xp says Nero.EXE has caused an error it will shut down!" do i want to report it to MSN - No! It will make an image data cd i burnt a dvdr with it! but a dam data normal no effert cd wont burn? same discs same images - dam 10 coasters later! re-installed aspi layer - uninstalled all drives and loaded back in! nothing! i have chucked Nero v6300 in the scrap heap! since Nero v5 versions they have totally FU*KED this program up! I have been an avid Nero fan for years but all these bugs and updates are starting to suck now BIG TIME!!! thx - just my 2 peneth worth - cary on people!

2418.12.2003 18:51
kieran32

For me Nero 5.5 and higher has worked flawlessly on winxp pro. I gave up on win98se too many issues....too little time. Had some issues in winxp home that didn't matter as my main system is run on pro. I did have some issues very early on with Nero 5.5 but they were related to the DVD-RW firmare and were resolved through updates.

2525.12.2003 5:28

Guys, I've got news for ya. You don't need to install the plugin! The DVD-plugin is included in all downloadable versions of Nero 6.3. You do not have to redownload! Thing is, the plugin is only activated if you use the right serial number. So: if the plugin doesn't work, you are using the wrong serial number! If your current serial doesn't activate the plugin, open StartSmart, click on the Nero logo on top, delete all serials, and enter the correct one. Voila, the plugin works!

2627.12.2003 11:05

I dont know if I do something wrong: I understand, I cannot copy a protected DVD directly using recode. So I rip it using SmartRIP, I get a bunch of VOB and IFO files. Now I start Recode, select DVD-Video files, and I get an error message saying somthing like "Error with opening data, files could not be found" Any ideas? Thanks

2727.12.2003 11:35

Hey mwfn, there is no need for all that! Just install AnyDVD: www.slysoft.com, or DVD Region-Free: www.dvdidle.com These little apps remove CSS protection, so you can copy anything on the fly, no need to rip to hard drive first! :)

2827.12.2003 11:46

Hi, thanks for the tip, but I have still got a question: Can Recode 2 not use VOB files then? Do I need the original DVD plus the tools you mentioned to make Recode not give up on the encryption? It would be a bummer since I have a couple of nice DVDs on HD only but I could live with this. I saw mentioned the IfoEdit program but that seems to heavy for me.

2927.12.2003 12:11

thomasj, I downloaded the trial version of DVDanywhere and indeed it does the job. Got a DVD recoding as we speak Nevertheless, I would be very interested in knowing about my previous question: "To VOB or not to VOB" is the question for Neros Recode for me; mainly, because to RIP a DVD on HD first is faster and does not tie up the computer so much. Thanks in advance!

3027.12.2003 12:45

If you want to burn from files on your hard drive, choose "DVD Data files" instead of "DVD-video Files".

3127.12.2003 12:48

see my post from 4:05 ... There is an error message if I do this. Thanks anyway.

3227.12.2003 13:12

Ok, I tried what you said, same error. Never burned from disk before, so this is out of my league. Sorry.

3327.12.2003 18:11

Hi guys, I finally got Nero 6300 working with all plug-ins including RECODE. I tried it, DVDshrink still is a better way to got since it decrypts without any help. Also to mwfn, try to open your HD movies with shrink in file mode. If it opens them, just hit backup and let shrink re-do the files. Then burn back with Nero dvd video section. I'm not impressed with the version 6300 of Nero as far as dvd backup is concerned. The old stand bys of DVDshrink, Clonedvd, Anydvd, Decrypter are all better choices. Jerry

3428.12.2003 13:45
ruffrob

To Capt45,I downloaded the original version ,and it worked fine,I didn't find the need to download it again after Ahead removed,and then replaced it. AND it worked for me,just to clarify any misunderstanding.

3529.12.2003 13:32
lOZZIE

i am currently trying to burn a dvd through Nero 6. i have used DVD Shrink and then tried to burn it, however it reached 100% and then it came up with

invailid block address
burn process failed at 2.4x.... Cna anyone help???

3629.12.2003 21:30

hi all NERO SUCKS AGAIN!!! i only get to caching files [no burn] and it makes coaters! Just tried Nero v6300 and when i try to burn any image i had from previous version it makes coasters! it caches files then at te piont where it starts to burn, up pops error "windows xp says Nero.EXE has caused an error it will shut down!" do i want to report it to MSN - No! It will make an image data cd i burnt a dvdr with it! but a dam data normal no effert cd wont burn? same discs same images - dam 10 coasters later! re-installed aspi layer - uninstalled all drives and loaded back in! nothing! i have chucked Nero v6300 in the scrap heap! since Nero v5 versions they have totally FU*KED this program up! I have been an avid Nero fan for years but all these bugs and updates are starting to suck now BIG TIME!!! thx - just my 2 peneth worth - cary on people!

Nothing here to see, move along folks.

3730.12.2003 8:05

Hello everyone I have been trying to use recode 2 and showtime since it came out. I am able to recode to Nero digital to a hard drive folder. However when I try to play that movie with showtime, I get an error saying "cant play dvd from that location". I have burned the movie to a cd but when I try to get showtime to play from the cd I get the same "cant play dvd from that location error." When I play the movie using apple's quicktime player, I get excellent results. The only thing missing is the popcorn. It seems to me that there is an incompatibility with something in my system and Nero showtime. If anyone has had this problem and been able to figure it out, I would appreciate it if you could help out. Thanks.

3828.1.2004 10:17
russs

Hi, Im relatively new to the dvd authoring scene but ive encountered a problem I cant seem to work around. Ive been successful ripping and burning a few dvd movies however Im really stuck on Alien Resurection. Ive ripped it using dvd squeeze.(back up mode, file mode and movie mode) Ive tried maxing files at 4000mb and ive tried splitting at every VOB. Ive also tried using different programs like vstrip, dvd decrytper etc. I have no problem ripping the files however Nero, roxio dvdback up and gear will not burn the files. Ive tried every way ie: recoder+burn, dvd builder in roxio, make your own dvd movie in Nero. I get error messages saying cannot add .VOB and this only applies to certain VOB files not all. Nero will recode all files and begin the burn process however when it gets to 96% I GET AN ERROR "CANNOT WRITE TO DISK BURN FAILED" or something like that. Is there any way to repair these vobs? or is it possibly some encryption that the software cant handle last night I tried Nero make your own dvd video and I added all the VOB files. It accepted them andstarted the process. It was reporting that the total time would be 7 hours......this morning, I noticed that it had failed at 96%.

3928.1.2004 16:12

Hi Russs, you have tried a lot of software except the most popular one on this forum. Download DVDshrink, which will decrypt and compress to fit the 4.7gig blank. Then let Nero burn back. In the setup of Shrink 3.14 you can pick to let Nero auto start the burn. This will put all the files in the right place for burn back. DVDShrink is FREE. Make sure your original is clean and not scratched. Jerry

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 28 Jan 2004 @ 16:15

4028.2.2004 6:16

I am trying to use Nero vision express to create my menu but after I load the VOB files vision express shuts down. It does this everytime. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Mike

418.5.2004 3:50

Nero Recode2 Eror. It says that "Nero Recode 2 encounter error Failed to open file The System cannot find file specified" Anybody encounter this problem? It was working fine before then I dont know this happen. I tried to backup from DVD and from DVD file in the hard drive thathas been decrypted...same thing hapens. It just on DVD disc it will read up to 98% then same error message appears. Please help if you know the solution. Thanks.