Yesterday the popular Daemon Tools software was updated to v4.00. This excellent free software allows users to mount CD images onto virtual drives and also supports emulation of most popular copy protections. This version has also included Adware called "Daemon Tools SearchBar", to help fund the project. However you are given the option to not install the Adware during installation, but do install it if you would like to contribute to the project. Here's the changelog...
- Complete redesign from scratch
- Support of 4 virtual drives
- ONLY X32-supported now. X64 will follow
- Drivername randomly generated on each machine (not finished yet)
- Drive-vendor and versionnumber randomly generated
- Complete new emulation architecture
- DCP (DaemonCodeProtect) to make analyses harder and increase development time for malicious anti-DT tools
- Digital signature verification of applications who are trusted to access DT in secure mode
- AutoInsertNotification fully implemented (can be turned on/off at ControlPanel)
- Dropped: MS-Installer, DT now use modificated NullsoftInstaller
- Dropped: analog sound support (as Windows 2000 and above do not need this feature)
- Supports all popular copyprotections
You can download Daemon Tools 4.00 from: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm
Don't forget to visit Daemon Tools homepage: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/
Thanks to Shoey for News Submission.