SlySoft updates AnyDVD, CloneDVD; offers discount

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 23 Apr 2006 23:32 User comments (16)

SlySoft updates AnyDVD, CloneDVD; offers discount The guys at SlySoft have been busy again updating their range of DVD backup tools. The company released new versions for AnyDVD and CloneDVD (which is developed by elby). The latest version of AnyDVD, version 5.9.5.8, includes the following changes over the previous version:
  • New: Added support for new versions of the Sony Arccos protection to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
  • Change: The option to remove unreferenced and blank cells in the AnyDVD ripper is now disabled by default
  • Fix: Error with Nero Recode and Macrovision RipGuard protected DVDs
  • Updated ElbyCDIO access layer
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages
  • Fix: Setting Autostart did not work on 64-bit OS
  • Fix: Discs could accidently be identified as Arccos protected, which made them unplayable
  • Fix: the option to "Remove CD Digital Audio Protection" did not work
  • correctly with older CD-ROM drives
  • Updated ElbyCDIO access layer
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
And the changelog for CloneDVD v2.8.9.7 is here:
  • New: Time Maps are always recreated, as they are sometimes destroyed on the source disc
  • New: Updated ElbyCDIO for better 64 bit support
  • Fix: CloneDVD could hang when playing the "successful" sound
  • Some minor changes and improvements
  • Updated languages
SlySoft also decided to offer a discount to AfterDawn.com users. The discount will expire on 7th of May, 2006. The discount scheme depends on how many SlySoft products one chooses to purchase:
  • single license (normal price: 39$) discount: 5.00 US$
  • 2 license bundle (normal price: 59$) discount: 10.00 US$
  • 3 license bundle (normal price:78$) discount: 15.00 US$
  • 4 license bundle (normal price: 95$) discount: 20.00 US$
To get the discount, enter the code afterdawn at the checkout.
Source: SlySoft

124.4.2006 2:33
malbordus

Do these guys ever stop updating? Great job slysoft

224.4.2006 6:05

glad to hear that, I am a few days in on my 21 days and love the software.

324.4.2006 8:34

dont that figure i bought it yesterday and they offera discount today

424.4.2006 12:05

hence the name lmao ^ i bought all four month or two ago for 75 dollars! best 75 i ever spent

524.4.2006 13:26

Been saying it a long time now the combo of AnyDVD and CloneDVD is the best that money can buy !

624.4.2006 14:09

Cheers to SLYSOFT 3 times in about a week!!!!!!!!!! Absolutley the best.............. Keep up the great work............. cheers

724.4.2006 15:09

Just updated both my AnyDVD and CloneDVD. These programs have been a godsent in preserving my DVD collection.

828.4.2006 18:03

I am affiliate a of SlySoft ware and have referred many close freinds and family members to SlySoft whom have all try and brought Any DVD, DVD Clone, CD Clone none of then has complain to me. If I had any doubt about SlySoft ware ability to do what they say it could my name would not collected to then and I wouldn't be a affiliate. You can take that to the Bank!

91.5.2006 7:59
mike7449

I have been using the old DVD XCOPY PLATINUM for years and with great success. I just added AnyDVD and it also works great with it. But I have a question. Is there any reason I should switch to CloneDVD? In other words, can you give me any reasons why it might be better, other than the fact that there is support for it? Thanks! Mike

101.5.2006 8:11

"In other words, can you give me any reasons why it might be better, other than the fact that there is support for it? Thanks!" I would say support plays a big role, but if it ain't broke don't fix it comes to mind too. There may come a time where DVDXCOPY won't support newer writers or newer discs. Does DVDXCopy support Dual Layer discs for example? I find that Clone DVD is extremely user friendly. So friendly that in fact my mom uses it with no problem.

111.5.2006 11:51
mike7449

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. While it works well now, I know that it won't be working for new formats down the line, and it won't be updated.

121.5.2006 11:57

how do you know that?

131.5.2006 12:54
mike7449

I'm just assuming that DVD XCOPY isn't supporting old customers since they were banned and went international as a new company. I've never heard from them again. Possibly they will have a new version to address ripping new formats but I'm again assuming it will not be an update but a new product to buy. That's why I've considered changing to CloneDVD. As with AnyDVD, it seems they are always improving.

141.5.2006 16:07

sorry, I thought you were talking about AnyDVD

153.5.2006 20:28

I have used AnyDVD with dvdclone, as well as the unsupported dvdxcopy. wanted to hear if anyone had any experience with 1clickdvdcopy? It seems like they push how fast it is, and at 59 bucks, less expensive. they also throw in a data backup tool. comments?

161.6.2006 2:32

1click is good and it's fast but you don't have the same choices that you have with Clone. Clone will let you choose a Spanish or Hungarian subtitle if you want such things. With 1click you get them all or nothing. Clone just offers more control then 1click and it also has the ability to split the movie to two discs. 1Click doesn't. The image quality of both is excellent. If you just want the movie and you're sure of the movie then 1click will do it in 1Click Clone will do it in 3. If you like foreign films the 1Click programs might leave you with a silent film because English is the default language and will take away the film language. I got a copy of La Dolce Vita with Marcello Mastrianni with all the gestures but silent with 1Click. Had to do it again with Clone.