DVDFab HD Decrypter supports both HD-DVD and Blu-ray

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 31 Mar 2007 17:25 User comments (21)

DVDFab HD Decrypter supports both HD-DVD and Blu-ray DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.0.9.6 (03/30/2007) comes with same functionality as DVDFab Decrypter, but with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).
For people who don't know DVDFab Decrypter, it's a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying.

What's New:
- New: Added support for both HD-DVD and Blu-ray.
- New: Copy HD-DVD to hard disk in "Full Disc" mode, normally in less than one hour.
- New: Copy Blu-ray to hard disk in "Full Disc" mode. For single layer disc, normally it need about 40 minutes.
- New: Updated language files.
- Change: Significantly reduced the time to open DVD.
- Fix: Several minor problems.

More info:
DVDFab Homepage

Topics HD DVD

Related news

131.3.2007 17:54
webe123

I wonder if the Media Mafia will try to get it stopped like they did with DVD X copy?

231.3.2007 18:02
BobbyBlu

Sounds good but i just seen today one blank BD media is 20.00 look like i will wait this out a little longer....

331.3.2007 20:03
26r0cK

yea the price for a blank Blu-ray is about the same as the price of a real Blu-ray movie lol. Tho i love Blu-ray, ill wait too. Cuz the more u wait to spend, the bigger ur pockets will be :P

41.4.2007 6:32
ripfuel

I agree, the Blu-ray blanks are sky high & I'll will wait until they start to come down in price. Although, I am excited that the CSS protection has been surpassed this early.

51.4.2007 12:13
pigfister

most blu-ray's are still mpeg 2 with pitiful 5.1 only and uncompressed on only a few :-( and only the blockbusters are to be released in the superior mpeg4 standard in the foreseeable future!

61.4.2007 20:15
dvdlover7

this is a good news but i will wait until price drop on Blue ray burner and bland as well....

71.4.2007 23:26

This great news for us. Keep updating this kewl program and i hope the MPAA and the RIAA do not come hunting.

81.4.2007 23:29

Originally posted by pigfister:

No blu-rays are using MPEG2 except the early releasesall new titles are MPEG4(VC1), and seriously how many people have anything over 5.1? admittedly though people who have enough money for an HDTV and a Bd player chances are would have at least 5.1, but few people have 7.1. Does uncompressed audio matter? ever heard of a LOSSLESS compression format like Dolby HD or similar, but with the extra space of BD compressed audio isnt needed 7.1 pcm audio can comfortably fit.

92.4.2007 6:10

Its a good news. Someone please crack the PS3 Blu-ray disc too...

102.4.2007 6:37
oleeee

im banned :)

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Apr 2007 @ 6:59

113.4.2007 8:10
pigfister

Originally posted by Andrew691:

Originally posted by Blu-ray.com above link:
Volver

Sony Pictures | 2006 | 121 mins | Rated R | Apr 03, 2007 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=396

Video
Video codec: MPEG-2
Video resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1

Audio
Spanish: PCM 5.1
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1

Big Fish

Sony Pictures | 2003 | 125 mins | Rated PG-13 | Mar 20, 2007 http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=195

Video
Video codec: MPEG-2
Video resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: PCM 5.1
English: Dolby Digital 5.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
not even DTS ex or es on them Blu-ray discs! where as the dvd is in DTS es 7.1 and offers a better quality sound via a standard dvd.

as i said only certain titles that are what the companies consider profitable will be encoded into mpeg 4. love the way its mostly sony titles that are mostly all mpeg2 and crappy last gen 5.1 only!

as for uncompressed audio it is far better than any other format. if you are a midi system fan not true hi-fi (separates) that chances are that a 7.1 setup is not an option but 7.1 processor's & receivers are as little as £100 so its not such a huge expense to upgrade from a 5.1 setup
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Apr 2007 @ 8:22

125.4.2007 8:28

DVDFab Decrypter is not listed on the DVDFab Homepage anywhere. What's the point of an article about a piece of software we can't get?

135.4.2007 14:51

You can still find it it is under the free stuff.

Happy Burning. :)

145.4.2007 19:21

Oh yes the free software is listed on the home page. Just sroll down to the botten and on the right corner it says free stuff. Click on it and it will open the page it is on. DA!

1511.4.2007 10:40

The new Dvdfab 3 0 9 8 out since April 4, 2007.
Any body know how to get that for free?
Their web site only listed 3 0 9 6 for free. What about
3 0 9 8?

Thanks

162.5.2007 19:35

No matter what site I download DVDFab Decrypter from. My antivirus program always says its infected with a virus (a trojan I believe is what it said). Where can I get an uninfected copy...:(

173.5.2007 0:20

Originally posted by smg:
This may just mean that your computer on the whole is infected have u scanned it and checked it out??

183.5.2007 19:07

I scanned my pc and had no viruses, but interestingly enough today I had an update notice in my email of DVDFab to 3108 and when I downloaded it, nothing happened with my AV program..:) It downloaded without any warnings of a trojan (or anything else for that matter). Seems to have been either something in the previous versions that triggered my AV program (I do have it set to HIGH sensitivity). But this version apparently is different in some way so as not to trigger my AV program.
::)
Thanks for the reply and help..)

193.5.2007 20:18

I would say it would be a false alarm, chances are if you updated you A/V protection it wouldnt be detected.

203.5.2007 21:32

My AV updates almost every day (it's AVASTFree4Home). maybe it isnt as good as I was told.

213.5.2007 23:50
pigfister

Originally posted by smg:
avast and AVG free editions are as effective as norton anti virus that costs £40 proven from test results, AVG actually managed to flag more threats than norton but norton looks prettier! one of the best in the public sector is kaspersky.