Joost adds independent films to channels and makes bold claim

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 16 Apr 2007 11:46 User comments (6)

Joost adds independent films to channels and makes bold claim Joost, the internet TV platform has just announced that they have signed another content deal that will add more channels to their ever growing catalogue.
This latest deal is with the critically-acclaimed independent film and television producers ALL3MEDIA International, Alliance Atlantis, September Films and Wall to Wall. The deal also includes well known independent distributors IndieFlix and Shorts International.

In their press release, Joost made an interesting and very bold claim as well:

“Content creators and owners of all sizes are utilizing Joost’s high-quality, piracy-proof Internet platform.”

They can of course keep the piracy to a minimum if they keep commercials and adverts to a minimum but saying the platform is piracy-proof is too bold of a statement, especially from the creators of Kazaa.

Source:
WebTV

116.4.2007 13:09
webe123

I can't WAIT for this to be cracked! Do these idiots actually believe what they are saying?

"Piracy proof" is a FAIRY TALE! But I guess they believe that they can do what no one else has been able to do so far.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Apr 2007 @ 13:09

216.4.2007 13:51

mmm it could work if they forgo DRM and don't down it in ads, anything can and will be pirated the question then becomes what can be made a profit off what legally.

316.4.2007 21:34

This needs to go along way before it can impress me.

417.4.2007 7:32

I'd be interested in joining the beta. You can get in if you have a friend in it already...

Anyone wanna swing an invite my way? haha

519.4.2007 11:10

Just sign up for the beta, there is not much content as far as I have looked.
I like watching documentaries the trouble is the selection is very small and halve of the time the item selected will not load. Its the old "Content is not available now, try later".

They list 85 channels but I only have a choice of 25.
So if you get it do not expect a real exciting experience. Maybe it will get better but they have along way to go before I am a regular watcher of this.

One last item, it is independent program, it does not run through a browser, so when it is running it blocks out everything else. That include notification of email, which I find very annoying.

64.6.2007 3:22

Hello,

Joost is now not finalised ... so

This is an equivalent of joost with a list of webTV and webradio by category :