Sony's eSupport site has posted a firmware update for the Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray Disc player. The main updated feature is support for Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD audio decoding. Here is some more information...
Improvements over firmware version 1.60:
- Adds Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby® Digital Plus Audio decoding functionality.
- Enhanced playback compatibility with certain BD-ROM format discs.
- Improves BD-Java compatibility to enhance interactivity with some BD-ROMs.
- Enhanced customer support capability
- Compatibility with the newly released BD-R/RE format (BDMV).
- Corrects the output signal status information for audio output and display when Linear PCM 5.1 channel soundtracks are played via HDMI.
UPDATE: For some reason, the download site now shows the firmware as Temporarily Unavailable