OJ Simpson's canned "If I Did It" leaked to BitTorrent

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 Jun 2007 11:17 User comments (13)

OJ Simpson's canned "If I Did It" leaked to BitTorrent Last year, the former NFL-player OJ Simpson announced that he was set to release a book in which he would detail what really would have happened had he actually committed the murders of his ex-wife and her friend. After weeks of consumer outrage, the book was canned and 400,000 copies were destroyed. This week however, a digital version of the book, "If I Did It", has been leaked to torrent trackers worldwide.
The book begins, Im going to tell you a story youve never heard before, because no one knows this story the way I know it. It takes place on the night June 12, 1994, and it concerns the murder of my ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her young friend, Ronald Goldman. I want you to forget everything you think you know about that night because I know the facts better than anyone. I know the players. Ive seen the evidence. Ive heard the theories. And, of course, Ive read all the stories: That I did it. That I did it but I dont know I did it. That I can no longer tell fact from fiction. That I wake up in the middle of the night, consumed by guilt, screaming.

In 2006, the publisher Judith Regan called the book a confession. This is an historic case, and I consider this his confession.

When the manufactured copies were destroyed, one one copy was left untouched and it is reportedly under lock and key. However, a copy surfaced on eBay this year and sold for a hefty $65,000.

The new, leaked digital version is 118 pages and in PDF form and can be found on ThePirateBay and MiniNova among many sites.

Source:
TorrentFreak

123.6.2007 11:37

I will have to go commit an illegal act and download this book, smoke a huge fatty, rebroadcast MLB and then camcord a movie. Then smoke another huge fatty. Just another usual Friday night for me.

No wait, I swear it's not a confession! It was only a WHAT-IF! I would NEVER do anything illegal!

223.6.2007 14:03

Shouldnt the book be titled.... "If I did it, but I didnt, but seriously would if I did, no really I did do it, but I didnt, I know what happen but I didnt do it"

Legal notes in back of book.. I claim no responsibility for myself. "I" being myself but yet the other personallity in which really did it, also claims no responsibility for deathes of uhh.. whats that b*tches name oh Nicole and the guy she was screwing, oh I mean having an affair with."

My new book coming soon.... "what if I did it..uh again"

323.6.2007 14:22
fgamer

He slaughtered her for cheating on him, now you know you don't cheat on O.J. That's a NO-NO

423.6.2007 18:43

This case is ongoing and it will never end like the Princess Diana's death there will be a lot of conspiracy's based on what happen. I feel if he did it he should be buried alive. Shame people are making money on a aspect of history that was very destructive.

523.6.2007 20:20
fgamer

Yea and Fox News Channel was the ones trying to distribute and sell this until the family and public was in an outrage then they canned the idea.

623.6.2007 20:30

Doesnt the family now own the rights to the book? I heard they were trying to rename it...... Regardless, either side should take ANY profit off the court case,death,etc and donate it...

724.6.2007 2:38
OzMick

This news story should be deleted. I thought promoting piracy was discouraged, that last sentance is fairly encouraging...

824.6.2007 4:34

If the book is not being released then it's not piracy is it? Linking to sites which MAY offer pirted/copyrighted material is not against site rules. Directly linking to pirated/copyrighted files IS against the site rules.

-Mike

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Jun 2007 @ 4:35

924.6.2007 7:34

Originally posted by OzMick:
Im quite sure I know the site rules, but thanks... ;)

1025.6.2007 12:35

I feel the say way dude.

1126.6.2007 13:31

Half ay through it. Really intresting. Would recommend everyone to wait for it to be legally out.. *cough*

1228.6.2007 19:27
miata

I was sorry to hear the Brown Family is now considering having the book published, so they can reap the rewards. I say....BURN the damn thing, and let the two rest in peace!

1312.8.2007 17:41

It is sad, but I'll bet the OJ case will still be talked about 40 years from now just like the JFK murder.