Microsoft reveals date for Xbox 360 Elite in Japan

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 05 Jul 2007 2:58 User comments (15)

Microsoft reveals date for Xbox 360 Elite in Japan Microsoft Corp. has revealed when it will release the upgraded version of its Xbox 360 games console, Xbox 360 Elite, in Japan. The new version of the console will arrive on shelves in Japan on October 11th. So far, the Xbox 360 console has had very poor performance in Japan compared to its competitors, Sony Corp. and Nintendo. To be fair, Japan is the home territory of both Sony and Nintendo.
The Xbox 360 Elite black unit has some upgraded hardware to offer, as well as a 120GB HDD. It will sell for 47,800 (USD$390) compared to its U.S. price tag of $479.99. Nintendo's Wii console sells in Japan for 25,000 (USD$205) and Sony's PlayStation 3 (PS3) 20GB model sells for 49,980 (USD$408).

In the first half of 2007, Microsoft only managed to move 122,565 Xbox 360 units in Japan. Nintendo's Wii console managed 1.78 million units in the same time frame and Sony's PS3 managed 503,554 units.

Source:
Yahoo (Reuters)

15.7.2007 3:18

Hmm I like that black color more. Still, I wont be upgrading, I'll just paint my old one =)

25.7.2007 3:32

The black looks cool, but it reminds be too much of a gaint turd that plays BR. I liked the white, it looks next gen! Black has been done, next gen needs something different.

5th gen is was: grey/silvery sorta (ps/N64)
6th gen was defo black (ps2 xbox)
7th gen shoudl be white not black, make it somethign new or lese then gen might aswell eb called an upgraded consol, that still is in the same colours asbefore with minor controller alterations.

35.7.2007 5:43

Originally posted by Riotard:

5th gen is was: grey/silvery sorta (ps/N64)
6th gen was defo black (ps2 xbox)
But black is the new black.

45.7.2007 7:18
vinny13

That black looks like cheap plastic...

Although, I wouldn't be suprised lmao

If M$ will cut out parts in their cd drives and put in fans that aren't good enough, why not make the entire thing plastic? That should save a buck or 2. My friend was telling me that his non-release date 360 burned the campain right off his GoW disc. Everything but the campain still worked and there was a big black line on the bottem of the disc.

55.7.2007 7:54

Originally posted by Riotard:

5th gen is was: grey/silvery sorta (ps/N64)

I had a black N64 :-P

65.7.2007 8:43

I had a black N64 :-P

didnt everyone? (except those with pikachu 64s)

75.7.2007 8:49
hughjars

Black goes with everything.
It is the 'proper' a/v colour.

Now, if they could just stop with the stupid shapes and pay attention to the ventilation so things can stack properly under or around the TV.

85.7.2007 8:55

Originally posted by hughjars:
Black goes with everything.
It is the 'proper' a/v colour.

Yup,it thows off my whole entertainment center.Wish I had an elite:/

Houston Rockets,its our year.Yao,T-Mac,Francis,Scola,James,Alston,Battier,Wells,and so much more talent,its inevitable.

95.7.2007 9:22

[quote]I had a black N64 :-P

didnt everyone? (except those with pikachu 64s)
lol...not according to Riotard.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Jul 2007 @ 9:22

105.7.2007 9:28

D.O.A

115.7.2007 16:55

I think this would be great although i am not getting one at least they are commin up with alternatives so they can catch up to Sony and Nintendo.

126.7.2007 2:19

Originally posted by Riotard:

5th gen is was: grey/silvery sorta (ps/N64)
6th gen was defo black (ps2 xbox)

6th Gen debuted with a white console. Did everyone forget the almighty Dreamcast already?

136.7.2007 15:05

Not aye Dreamcast kicked so much ass it a shame it got beat by the inferior Ps2

147.7.2007 12:17

never mind the colour and hard drive ,if it can stop the 3 red rings appearing i will buy one,,mines been back to ms 4 times...

1515.7.2007 8:28

I took my xbox apart the other day and spray painted it black and did the same with the controller, it looks jus the same as tht apart from the hardrive. job done no extra money spent apart from spray lol