Disney offers its Blu-ray titles at almost 50 percent off

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 25 Jul 2007 19:39 User comments (11)

Disney offers its Blu-ray titles at almost 50 percent off In the ever escalating HD format war, Blu-ray has made the next move, with Disney offering their Blu-ray titles at 45 percent off suggested retail price.
The catalogue consists of 27 titles including the hits "Chicago", "Finding Neverland" and "Pearl Harbor".

There is no official word on how long the promotion will last, but many believe it will be for a limited time only. Currently, Amazon, Buy.com and DVDempire have the sale, so those looking for Blu-ray titles at DVD prices, may want to check it out.

Source:
HD Digest

126.7.2007 10:30

sounds like blueray is getting as desperate as car mfg dropping the price of ther suvs way down to beg people to buy them .will cost a lot more to run them in the long run. true for blueray and suvs that is my opion.

226.7.2007 12:23

And diseny has baned smoking from its films fckers..... Heil to the censorship mongers!

Next things to go drinking (OMG what would POTC be without drinking!)

yes yes rantage max 120% >>

326.7.2007 22:51

Good promotion, however not going to take my fancy until the actual players come down in price.

427.7.2007 1:20

Hey ZIppy, I think we both agree that this deal is..

SMOKIN'!!!

HAHA Disney sucks they are doing nothing but trying to make it look like their chosen format wins by a very short spike in sales.

I can see next week's headline: "BLU-RAY SALES ON DISNEY MOVIES UP 150%! BLU-RAY BEATS HD-DVD YET AGAIN!!!!!!!1111111"

527.7.2007 8:42

Originally posted by akaangus:
Hey ZIppy, I think we both agree that this deal is..

SMOKIN'!!!

I mean really whats next remove all guns from films what are they smoking I want some of it!

BR seems to making more headway this year but even so Hdef is a niche and neither will get far until the "end game" starts.

627.7.2007 17:52

All I can say (again) is : WHO CARES???

There's nothing wrong with DVD. It looks good; it sounds good; it's cheap; the players are cheap; the burners are cheap; the blanks are cheap; the DRM has been hacked to death...

Why would anyone start over again?

727.7.2007 19:22

I have the bandwidth to stream 1080p through Stage6. It looks awesome even downscaled to 1080i (the tops my projector can handle). Why do I need to go further in debt for a player of an obsolete concept (optical media) then watch said media in 540p because I don't have HDCP on my projector let alone 1080p and sure as shit can't afford to upgrade...

Media companies need to wake up and see what people actually want. Blu-ray and HD-DVD it sure as hell aint.

827.7.2007 19:29

Originally posted by akaangus:

because not ever movie will be streamed ^^

927.7.2007 21:16

Originally posted by ZIppyDSM:
Next things to go drinking
And after that, SEX so they'll have to get rid off Miramax. LOL

1029.7.2007 7:18
burris99

Great job Disney! *And, if only the other commentors were aware of how poor spelling and punctuation affect the effort of even commenting. In reality, what 'juice' or influence does a caveman's grunts, moans and groans have?

1129.7.2007 14:31

Originally posted by ZIppyDSM:
Next things to go drinking
And after that, SEX so they'll have to get rid off Miramax. LOL
I dunno even disney gets sex sales :P