VSO's next ConvertXtoDVD adds motion menus

Written by James Delahunty (Google+) @ 01 Aug 2007 19:00 User comments (21)

VSO's next ConvertXtoDVD adds motion menus VSO Software is working on the next major update to their popular all-in-one conversion solution, ConvertXtoDVD. One of the best features we have been shown a glimpse of so far is its ability to create motion menus. While it is certainly not something new for software we offer, we are still interested to see how easily menus like these can be created, as VSO Software has always taken pride in keeping their software very simple to use.
Here is an example of a motion menu created by ConvertXtoDVD 3...

Again, we can't wait to see how these menus can be built because they look very good. While ConvertXtoDVD 3 is not out yet, you can still download the latest version from AfterDawn and check out its other features and simplicity that have made it so popular.

Download ConvertXtoDVD from:

Purchase a full license for ConvertXtoDVD at:

If you are considering purchasing a license, you should know that AfterDawn and VSO Software are currently running a promotion that can get you a 20% discount on all VSO products. If you buy ConvertXtoDVD now, you will be entitled to the update of ConvertXtoDVD 3 for free when it is released. To read more about the 20% discount and how you can get it, click here.

More information on VSO Software: http://www.vso-software.fr

Recommended Downloads from VSO Software !

ConvertXtoDVD

PhotoDVD

ImageResizer

BlindWrite

CopyToDVD
Visit VSO Software Homepage

11.8.2007 2:31

If they can achieve this without making the process too complicated then i'm a buyer.
This software is "SO" easy to use and as far as i'm concerned the results are excellent. I've used others like TMPEGDVDauthor but still return to ConvertXtoDVD for the simplicity.

21.8.2007 6:39

Sweet, I can't wait for it.

31.8.2007 15:21
vinny13

IDVD is better >:)

41.8.2007 17:39

Originally posted by vinny13:
IDVD is better >:)
I just looked this up and don't you know people are pc crazy not apple crazy anymore.

thats why Intel is now in apple thats why PC software is usable on apples and thats basically why apples suck.

51.8.2007 19:30
vinny13

Originally posted by vinny13:
IDVD is better >:)

Get your facts straight.

Intel Core Duo and so on, or the Yoda Chip as I also think it's called, was made for Apple. Intel wanted to show Apple what they could do with Macintosh, so they made this chip. Because most PCs run on Intel Processors, Windows is capable of running on Macs now, too. This chip was only for the Mac but of course PC had to have it so they started including them a couple months AFTER the Macs had them. Same thing goes for simple things like the control panel. Origionally that's what Macs called it, but they changed it to Systrem Preferences. And now they're going to change that too because that's what Vista calls it. Or that's what I was told. And now they're trying to copy the nice clean look that OS X Tiger has.

They are basicly Centrino Processers. But for Mac.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Aug 2007 @ 8:18

61.8.2007 19:50

just an early warning, if anybody feels like flaming each other, take it to PM ;-)

71.8.2007 20:42
vinny13

Originally posted by Dela:
I'm sorry... I just hate it when people don't know what they're talking about... And fanboys...

82.8.2007 15:55

I bought it long time ago and I love it... nice that they are always improving...

92.8.2007 22:00

Another great piece of technology from a great software company. Keep up the good work.

104.8.2007 7:46

yep ..i like what i am seeing up 2 now ..but i hope they dont get to complex with this great bit of software ..so lets keep it simple i say

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Aug 2007 @ 8:19

115.8.2007 19:03

I like the convertxtodvd thats out now but I'm still trying to figure out how to make a menu with it. but if its easier with this new one I'm a buyer. And if any one can tell me how to work it that will be cool.

126.8.2007 0:01

blksword: have you seen this guide that explains how to make a menu with the current version?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Aug 2007 @ 0:02

136.8.2007 16:44

I've always like convertx to dvd as its been very simplistic ....I have always wanted to make the menus that bit more proffesional loking without resorting to adobe premiere / photoshop etc .....even just having animated thumbnails on the menu looks a little more professional ...now if we can do animated backgrounds and able to manually move the thumbnails around this will be well worth the money...it wont be too difficult ....even if you cant work the menu in the previous versions...:O)

146.8.2007 20:28

Thanks for the info CAGal that was very helpful.

1511.8.2007 7:44

Having motion menus are nice I suppose but I really wish they would work on the ability to merge two split vids so that the final product doesn't have that annoying pause.

1612.8.2007 15:24

Split vid merging would be nice but I've done it a few times using a seperate program called virtualdub taks a bit of playing around but you can get the join to be seamless...pretty sure the original guide to get me started was from here

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Aug 2007 @ 16:37

1713.8.2007 6:57

Hi Fiji5555,

Being a VSO beta tester, VSO has confirmed me that ConvertXtoDVD v3.00 will do file merging, and also possibility to add external audio files too, and probably a millions of new features, requested by all of us !

Apparently they have had so many user requests for this option, that version 3 will definitely have this feature.

I am anxious to test it, as I am a VSO Software Maniac !

1813.8.2007 15:13

Sounds pretty promising ...custom animated menus and joining .....do we have any idea of their intended release date once all the minor bugs have been ironed out...I am eager to have a play and see if its worth paying extra money for the newer version ....

1915.8.2007 8:32

Hi,

If you bought ConvertXtoDVD less than 1 year ago, or have bought the Golden Membership, v3.00 will be a free upgrade !

There's so date set, just that we should see it this fall, since there's a lot of new stuff being added.

2025.9.2007 0:18

For me convertxtodvd is the best for converting but for burning I have found that nero recode or clonedvd2 give better results???

2125.10.2007 17:58
mytonpadi

I can hardly wait for version 3! The menu is so k3wl!!! I want it!!!