AfterDawn: Tech news

Xbox 360 was tops in console hardware sales for September

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 19 Oct 2007 14:33 User comments (54)

Xbox 360 was tops in console hardware sales for September Thanks to the impact of the blockbuster Halo 3, the Xbox 360 was the top seller for September, barely beating out the Nintendo Wii.
NPD said that Microsoft sold almost 530,000 consoles for the month, up an astonishing 91 percent from August. Halo, for its part, sold 3.3 million copies for the month.

"True to its name, the game rubbed off on hardware sales too--the Xbox 360 realized its best month ever in unit hardware sales outside last holiday season,"
NPD analyst Anita Frazier said in a statement.

The Wii however, also showed surprising results. Sales rose 24 percent from August for a total of 500,000 sold. The number is also the new all-time high for US Wii sales in a month.

The PlayStation 3 continued to lag behind, falling 10 percent from August to hit only 119,000 units sold. Sony reps cited new price cuts and said the sales would rebound for the holiday season.

Source:
BetaNews

Previous Next  

54 user comments

119.10.2007 15:31
vinny13
Inactive

No sh!t lol

Like 4 of my friends consoles alone died last month from overplay of Halo 3 lmao

Personally, Halo 3 was a big let down to me.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Oct 2007 @ 15:34

219.10.2007 15:34

Yawn i'm getting bored with this halo crap

319.10.2007 15:45
nobrainer
Inactive

With soon to be added subliminal messages!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7053369.stm


Originally posted by bbc link:
Security service targets gamers
A British intelligence agency has targeted a new generation of recruits by advertising in computer games.

The Cheltenham-based surveillance service GCHQ hopes to attract the attention of 'tech-savvy' gamers.

Adverts featuring the GCHQ website are on billboards within Xbox 360 games such as Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

GCHQ said it hoped the campaign would "capture the imagination of people with a particular interest in IT".

The GCHQ monitoring service employs about 5,000 people
i've not played halo 3 as i don't own a 360, so i cant actually comment on the game, but a lot of ppl purchased it and are playing it, i'm more of a cs source gamer.

419.10.2007 15:46

Halo 3 was a big let down but nobody can argue with those type of numbers.

519.10.2007 15:56

I could care less but. . . .

Like it or not, those numbers are huge, and all because of a game!?!?

Think what the PS3 could do with a price drop and a few top notch games.

Good job MS!

619.10.2007 17:00
vinny13
Inactive

Originally posted by stumpied:
I could care less but. . . .

Like it or not, those numbers are huge, and all because of a game!?!?

Think what the PS3 could do with a price drop and a few top notch games.

Good job MS!
Where've yo been?

November - 40GB PS3 400.00, 80GB PS3 500.00

And a whole slew of good games in next years line up. I think they have a better line-up then the 360, which is why I'm getting one. To me, the Xbox only relies on two games, which are Gears of War and Halo. I sound like a fanboy, and i guess I am, but I think the PS3 will make a comeback this winter with the price cuts on systems that have more GBs then last christmas.

719.10.2007 17:23

Quote:
Originally posted by stumpied:
I could care less but. . . .

Like it or not, those numbers are huge, and all because of a game!?!?

Think what the PS3 could do with a price drop and a few top notch games.

Good job MS!
Where've yo been?

November - 40GB PS3 400.00, 80GB PS3 500.00

And a whole slew of good games in next years line up. I think they have a better line-up then the 360, which is why I'm getting one. To me, the Xbox only relies on two games, which are Gears of War and Halo. I sound like a fanboy, and i guess I am, but I think the PS3 will make a comeback this winter with the price cuts on systems that have more GBs then last christmas.
It's not about if's and but's, it's about here and now. Halo was released now and had a huge impact.

Like i said, makes no differance to me, but it obviously had the result they were hoping for.

I'm not getting something now because in a year it's going to be good. I'll wait and so will most other thanks.

819.10.2007 19:03

ok wait, how was Halo 3 a let down? Its really stunning if you take the time to look at it, and gameplay is amazing, I mean I dunno if you were expecting it to make you nut everytime you stuck a brute or somethin, but the game was solid,

Anyways, PS3 sales can only go up with the way they are going right now, and Im waiting for my fully functional White PS3, it'll go right next to my 360 and wii

I think this pretty much should have been expected, sales will slump this month, then poke up again for the holidays

919.10.2007 20:25

If Halo 3 came out for the PS3, would every1 who owns one be talking about how much of a let down it was? OK, what about next year? What happened to this year? Your right stumpied, here and now. What the PS3 is lacking is exclusive games for the PS3. Yes, PS3 does have some exclusive games, but Sony is going about it the wrong way. If Sony marketed their PS3 around gaming and not bluray, then maybe we would see the sales increase. Really, how much more do we play 1 certain game versus watching the same movie over and over. That's my 2 cents.

1019.10.2007 20:53
vinny13
Inactive

Originally posted by chuckdog:
If Halo 3 came out for the PS3, would every1 who owns one be talking about how much of a let down it was? OK, what about next year? What happened to this year? Your right stumpied, here and now. What the PS3 is lacking is exclusive games for the PS3. Yes, PS3 does have some exclusive games, but Sony is going about it the wrong way. If Sony marketed their PS3 around gaming and not bluray, then maybe we would see the sales increase. Really, how much more do we play 1 certain game versus watching the same movie over and over. That's my 2 cents.
Ya what PS3 is laking is 2 years of production. There's my 2 cents :S

What did Xbox have in it's first year? Arcade Classics? lmao

1119.10.2007 21:19
Propagand
Inactive

Originally posted by I mean I dunno if you were expecting it to make you nut everytime you stuck a brute or somethin, but the game was solid,
[/quote:

lol thats funny

1219.10.2007 23:05
BIGnewb
Inactive

Originally posted by Ankoku:
ok wait, how was Halo 3 a let down? Its really stunning if you take the time to look at it, and gameplay is amazing, I mean I dunno if you were expecting it to make you nut everytime you stuck a brute or somethin, but the game was solid,

Anyways, PS3 sales can only go up with the way they are going right now, and Im waiting for my fully functional White PS3, it'll go right next to my 360 and wii

I think this pretty much should have been expected, sales will slump this month, then poke up again for the holidays
actually the gameplay is exactly the same as halo 2, there's no difference.the game gets so boring its not even funny.waste of my money and my time.i love warhawk because it never gets boring like halo 3.yes cant wait for haze,socom confrontation and killzone 2 which are all halo 3 killers except halo is the only decent game for 360 thats why so many people bought it.i bought halo 3 because its the only game on the 360.

1319.10.2007 23:10

actually the wii is th best seller for the year at or around 1 milloin more than the 360.

its good to se MS improving as slow as they are...mabye I will get a 360 late next year...

1420.10.2007 0:50
saltynuts
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by Ankoku:
ok wait, how was Halo 3 a let down? Its really stunning if you take the time to look at it, and gameplay is amazing, I mean I dunno if you were expecting it to make you nut everytime you stuck a brute or somethin, but the game was solid,

Anyways, PS3 sales can only go up with the way they are going right now, and Im waiting for my fully functional White PS3, it'll go right next to my 360 and wii

I think this pretty much should have been expected, sales will slump this month, then poke up again for the holidays






actually the gameplay is exactly the same as halo 2, there's no difference.the game gets so boring its not even funny.waste of my money and my time.i love warhawk because it never gets boring like halo 3.yes cant wait for haze,socom confrontation and killzone 2 which are all halo 3 killers except halo is the only decent game for 360 thats why so many people bought it.i bought halo 3 because its the only game on the 360.






is it me or is the people that smacked down 600.00 for a ps3 mad that the red ring machine has better games i think so?

1520.10.2007 0:59

Quote:
is it me or is the people that smacked down 600.00 for a ps3 mad that the red ring machine has better games i think so?
meh frankly they both are full of suck IMO MS wants 100-200 more for a machine that naws on itself and games and sony is trying to push 3DO 2(ok not that bad but still).......
its like the DVR PS2 they had for 800 WTF.......

1620.10.2007 3:37

been playing halo 3 all night...

I much prefer it to Halo 2.

1720.10.2007 8:37

Originally posted by stumpied :
It's not about if's and but's, it's about here and now. Halo was released now and had a huge impact.
Originally posted by saltynuts:
is it me or is the people that smacked down 600.00 for a ps3 mad that the red ring machine has better games i think so?
The impact took Two year so why Sony don't get treated fairly like 360 has? Minus all the Hardware & Software garbage Microsoft customer has to deal with.When the 360 came out how long did it take 360 fans just to get one game that was worth playing ? Dead Rising & Saints Row both took 7 or 8 months Sony had 4 in 3(1 on launch day RFOM)months.I don't think most people even know that 360 had a full year on Sony which means a lot & most people i feel have tunnel vision when it comes to this issue.Most PS3 owners love the fact that the PS3 is a muti-media console & i have no regrets of paying 600 buck on launch day & I would do it again.

Originally posted by oofRome:
been playing halo 3 all night...

I much prefer it to Halo 2.
Thanks for a honest opinion we don't get that many around here.My brother which is a Die-Hard H.A.L.O Fan said he was let down & its nothing more than H.A.L.O 2.5 in HD.

F.Y.I

New HD DVD Xbox 360?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29807


How many times Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot bashing Sony & Again they are adding things that they said wasn't needed.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Oct 2007 @ 8:44

1820.10.2007 10:18
vinny13
Inactive

Quote:
The impact took Two year so why Sony don't get treated fairly like 360 has? Minus all the Hardware & Software garbage Microsoft customer has to deal with.When the 360 came out how long did it take 360 fans just to get one game that was worth playing ? Dead Rising & Saints Row both took 7 or 8 months Sony had 4 in 3(1 on launch day RFOM)months.I don't think most people even know that 360 had a full year on Sony which means a lot & most people i feel have tunnel vision when it comes to this issue.Most PS3 owners love the fact that the PS3 is a muti-media console & i have no regrets of paying 600 buck on launch day & I would do it again.


New HD DVD Xbox 360?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29807


How many times Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot bashing Sony & Again they are adding things that they said wasn't needed.
I agree. Sony had a year-late start and it did have better games then the 360's release. The 360 was based on LOADS of hype, just like Halo 3. And I think it's stupid for them to add an HD-DVD player at this point in time bacause it's almost useless. Sony used a Blu-Ray player because Blu-Ray discs are much larger then DVD-9s. It's not like Xbox can just start making HD-DVD games that 12 million people or whatever can't play...

1920.10.2007 13:06

Quote:
Quote:
The impact took Two year so why Sony don't get treated fairly like 360 has? Minus all the Hardware & Software garbage Microsoft customer has to deal with.When the 360 came out how long did it take 360 fans just to get one game that was worth playing ? Dead Rising & Saints Row both took 7 or 8 months Sony had 4 in 3(1 on launch day RFOM)months.I don't think most people even know that 360 had a full year on Sony which means a lot & most people i feel have tunnel vision when it comes to this issue.Most PS3 owners love the fact that the PS3 is a muti-media console & i have no regrets of paying 600 buck on launch day & I would do it again.


New HD DVD Xbox 360?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29807


How many times Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot bashing Sony & Again they are adding things that they said wasn't needed.
I agree. Sony had a year-late start and it did have better games then the 360's release. The 360 was based on LOADS of hype, just like Halo 3. And I think it's stupid for them to add an HD-DVD player at this point in time bacause it's almost useless. Sony used a Blu-Ray player because Blu-Ray discs are much larger then DVD-9s. It's not like Xbox can just start making HD-DVD games that 12 million people or whatever can't play...
The PS3 had better launch games,but worse than the overall 360 line up,the PS3 sold the worest and sony is raping features left and right instead of just trying to sell it at a middle of the road price, also the game are still unoptimized and tend to run poorly.

the only problem the 360 had right now is the damn hardware issues,which have mostly been dealt with and they are slowly being swaped out of the shelfs.

other than thos they still have issues they need to deal with before they will be ready to duke it out the next 5 years.

2020.10.2007 13:39
vinny13
Inactive

Quote:
The PS3 had better launch games,but worse than the overall 360 line up,the PS3 sold the worest and sony is raping features left and right instead of just trying to sell it at a middle of the road price, also the game are still unoptimized and tend to run poorly.

the only problem the 360 had right now is the damn hardware issues,which have mostly been dealt with and they are slowly being swaped out of the shelfs.

other than thos they still have issues they need to deal with before they will be ready to duke it out the next 5 years.
Lol that one problem is as big as all of the PS3's problems combined. It wasn't just 1 hardware problem sadly either. Systems heated up to fast, fans weren't strong enough, disc drives scratched and burned discs, DOAs(release date consoles) and more. Even some of the products that were supposed to help these problems had problems! I remember the Nyko inter-cooler wasn't properly wired right or something and it too would heat up and burn, and it would do the same to the console lmao

It's nice to see that they're making a little effort when someone's system dies. I say a little because ya sure they fix it all for free and whatever, but it takes 6-8 weeks! 6-8 weeks of non-refundable Live wasted. My friend is so mad right now lmao

2120.10.2007 13:46

Originally posted by zippyDSM:
The PS3 had better launch games,but worse than the overall 360 line up,the PS3 sold the worest and sony is raping features left and right instead of just trying to sell it at a middle of the road price, also the game are still unoptimized and tend to run poorly.
I know that BWC is a big issue to you but you got to look at it thur Sony eyes they need to focus more on PS3 Software right now.Sony feel they have answer the price issue for now.Plus all there 1st party studio's are working on titles for the PS3 platform not PS2.You can get a PS2 used for fifty buck now.If you was Sony are you focus on the past or the future. All the problems with games not being optimized has 3 party Dev names written all over it.3rd party Dev's are being lazy & not wanting to take the time to learn how to code for Blu-Ray but they was the first one to complain during the PS2 life cycle that DVD-9 restrict them from doing a lot of thing in games.We see know that was a lame ass excuse.

Originally posted by zippyDSM:
the only problem the 360 had right now is the damn hardware issues,which have mostly been dealt with and they are slowly being swaped out of the shelfs.
Hardware is still issue with Microsoft.The falcon chip they said was going to solve the RROD didn't really pan out like they hope.So people that have the H.A.L.O version console with the falcon chip still are having the RROD issue. Up next is the Japser

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/10...mes_jasper.html

2220.10.2007 14:31

more 360 hardware issues eh
kinda reminds me of the 40GB no BWC unit, I reject reality and substitute my own" LOL


and sorry there is no excuse for no BWC in the 40GB unit non whatsoever not when its software based.

MS is building badly and sony is changing the PS3 features after launch both are dckign with the consumer.

2320.10.2007 15:14

Selling a new 360 with a built in HD-DVD is okay. They would just be integrating the external drive with the system. So I don't see why anyone would be upset. As long as they maintain it as an option or at least gradually work it in then it would just add to the benefit of the system.

As far as gaming on HD-DVD, I don't see that happening on this system.

2420.10.2007 15:16

Originally posted by NexGen76:
All the problems with games not being optimized has 3 party Dev names written all over it.3rd party Dev's are being lazy & not wanting to take the time to learn how to code for Blu-Ray but they was the first one to complain during the PS2 life cycle that DVD-9 restrict them from doing a lot of thing in games.We see know that was a lame ass excuse.
I agree with the first part. The ps3's share of ports are generally sub par, as opposed to last gen where the ps2 had first priority for developers.
By the way, they are coding for the cell and the rsx. They aren't "coding for blu-ray" lol Blu-ray is just a storage medium.
I never really heard devs complaining about the DVD9 size last gen. I remember the difficulty of programming for the emotion engine being the initial complaint, and then the lack of a hard drive being the second. The average ps2 game size was around 2.5 gigs...

2520.10.2007 15:29

Quote:
Originally posted by NexGen76:
All the problems with games not being optimized has 3 party Dev names written all over it.3rd party Dev's are being lazy & not wanting to take the time to learn how to code for Blu-Ray but they was the first one to complain during the PS2 life cycle that DVD-9 restrict them from doing a lot of thing in games.We see know that was a lame ass excuse.
I agree with the first part. The ps3's share of ports are generally sub par, as opposed to last gen where the ps2 had first priority for developers.
By the way, they are coding for the cell and the rsx. They aren't "coding for blu-ray" lol Blu-ray is just a storage medium.
I never really heard devs complaining about the DVD9 size last gen. I remember the difficulty of programming for the emotion engine being the initial complaint, and then the lack of a hard drive being the second. The average ps2 game size was around 2.5 gigs...
In fact they are nto really complain about it now however its a issue to deal with ASAP because MS has set on the high tech gaming path they are going to need to retifiy the 360s space issues ASAP or in 2-3 years you have have 20 games like PGR that are drastically different on the PS3.

really the main problem I see with the PS3 is unit price, get it to 450 and leave wifi/bwc alone and its all good.

2620.10.2007 15:50

yeah, 360 have problems with hardware. much less now.
it reminds me of the PS2 days, lol. how many people had to buy 3-4 PS2s cause they kept breaking down.

2720.10.2007 16:04

Originally posted by weird0:
yeah, 360 have problems with hardware. much less now.
it reminds me of the PS2 days, lol. how many people had to buy 3-4 PS2s cause they kept breaking down.
the DRE thing was less than the 360 issues, altho I wonder sometimes LOL

2820.10.2007 16:53
wheelboy
Inactive

you kno why the sales of he ps3 are bad .
well i can give you the answer .its because it isnt hacked thats why .did you think that if i had to pay $80 dollars(69 euros) for a game that i would buy a ps3 instad of a xbox wich is hacked and with a few double layers i can burn a gamen .

I think its the same everwere if ure in the states europe ore japan .if it is hacked it sells .

for me thats with the ps2 and the xbox and a dreambox 7020 sat reciever .

another thing is we here in europe pay 40 dollars for one bleu ray movie if they wanna make the same mistake as with a dvd the have to go on like the did before than everybody buys a burner and burns them and the sales drop again
but here its like this who wants to get greedy will fall hard .
so let them fall

and 2 you who only buy original and wants pirates to be picked up .lol you make those fat asses even fatter

2920.10.2007 18:16

Halo 3 is in the same means as most continued series ,just updated..the series itself is unmatched,but Call of Duty 4 is on the horizon and oh my god this game will take the system over the top...
if this game is coming out for the DS..WOW

3020.10.2007 19:12

the big thing that gets me is i'm a big xbox fan mainly for its mulitplayer but the wii i dont really care for it but wow is it selling like flies in a frogs den....it already about to top xbox 360 sales and has its been only on the market a year late then the xbox....i give nintendo major props on its sales and maybe in the future see even better outcomes from their next endevour.....

3120.10.2007 19:55

xbox & PS3 are directed at a small minority where the wii is directed at a audience from very young to very old & it's shows in sales plus news bulletins about retirement homes using the wii to get members into virtual bowling..lol.. gotta admit it looks like fun but i aint ready for retirement just yet can't say the same for zippy he's been around like forever *runs* :p

EDIT: As for games selection on xbox 360,ps3 get over yourselves honestly how many do either have that you actually play on a regular basis just a select few ay the majority of games are cross platform the majority of which are just plain crap,well if they were'nt why'd you sell em *winks*

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Oct 2007 @ 20:02

3221.10.2007 0:43
vinny13
Inactive

Originally posted by scorpNZ:
EDIT: As for games selection on xbox 360,ps3 get over yourselves honestly how many do either have that you actually play on a regular basis just a select few ay the majority of games are cross platform the majority of which are just plain crap,well if they were'nt why'd you sell em *winks*
I can only think of 2 that all my friends play regularly on their 360s, which is Halo 3 and GoW(not so much GoW because of Halo 3). The rest are multiplatform or crap to them. So that just tells me that out of so many games, only 2 appeal to most of the crowd.

3321.10.2007 0:49
vinny13
Inactive

Originally posted by wheelboy:
you kno why the sales of he ps3 are bad .
well i can give you the answer .its because it isnt hacked thats why .did you think that if i had to pay $80 dollars(69 euros) for a game that i would buy a ps3 instad of a xbox wich is hacked and with a few double layers i can burn a gamen .

I think its the same everwere if ure in the states europe ore japan .if it is hacked it sells .

for me thats with the ps2 and the xbox and a dreambox 7020 sat reciever .

another thing is we here in europe pay 40 dollars for one bleu ray movie if they wanna make the same mistake as with a dvd the have to go on like the did before than everybody buys a burner and burns them and the sales drop again
but here its like this who wants to get greedy will fall hard .
so let them fall

and 2 you who only buy original and wants pirates to be picked up .lol you make those fat asses even fatter
Where the hell do you live? Almost no one has a hacked 360 because they're too scared that they're gonna get banned for life from their Live account. The PS3 is very close to being hacked,very close. And sure, you ARE right about buying a new BR burner and so on, but they made HDDs for a reason ya' know...

3421.10.2007 0:53
vinny13
Inactive

Originally posted by weird0:
yeah, 360 have problems with hardware. much less now.
it reminds me of the PS2 days, lol. how many people had to buy 3-4 PS2s cause they kept breaking down.
I've never heard of anybody around me ever have their PS2 break down... I've had 2, but that was because I bought a slim and then bought my friends FAT for $1 and then sold the slim and installed the memory card exploit on it and use cogswap. And maybe some emus occasionally.

3521.10.2007 1:50

Quote:
Originally posted by weird0:
yeah, 360 have problems with hardware. much less now.
it reminds me of the PS2 days, lol. how many people had to buy 3-4 PS2s cause they kept breaking down.
I've never heard of anybody around me ever have their PS2 break down... I've had 2, but that was because I bought a slim and then bought my friends FAT for $1 and then sold the slim and installed the memory card exploit on it and use cogswap. And maybe some emus occasionally.
Its called DRE(disc read error) it happened with the V2-4 and even early slim line versions,sony had a bad time with lens, if you want perspective maybe 8-15%, it was a issue but they fixed it just enough where it went away for a version or 2, MS however is clinging to bad build qauilty and iffy designs sony at least tried to walk the line and kept over all faults to a minimum.

MS seems to be beating a dead horse with a stick and covering the order up with fabrezze...but at least they offer free masks LOL
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Oct 2007 @ 1:55

3621.10.2007 10:52

Most 360 owners are playing games rather than posting bollo# about how Sony are failing.10 days for a RROD fix not 6-8 weeks BS.
For all you Sony lot,just WAIT until next year,it will floor everything including the Wii and Sony will once again rule the gaming world...F#CK YEAH!

3721.10.2007 16:41

Originally posted by ChromeMud:
Most 360 owners are playing games rather than posting bollo# about how Sony are failing.10 days for a RROD fix not 6-8 weeks BS.
For all you Sony lot,just WAIT until next year,it will floor everything including the Wii and Sony will once again rule the gaming world...F#CK YEAH!

Probably be the last year the 360 will have non handicapped games on it, its already showing its age.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/

3821.10.2007 17:31
vinny13
Inactive

I'm lost now lol

3921.10.2007 20:42

I knew the 360 was going to get more sales in september, just because of halo 3. But me and my friend really thought halo 3 was a let down. Sorry to any fan of the game. I truly think the 360 has reach its maximum potential already.

4021.10.2007 21:00

Originally posted by rainofire:
I knew the 360 was going to get more sales in september, just because of halo 3. But me and my friend really thought halo 3 was a let down. Sorry to any fan of the game. I truly think the 360 has reach its maximum potential already.
I think the next 15 mosts will be the saturation point for the 360,I think game wise it has potential left, with the real competition starting next year the 360 can only go down hill..
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Oct 2007 @ 21:23

4121.10.2007 22:27
saltynuts
Inactive

maybe you guys know something most people dont.are DEVS gonna stop making 360 games next year?

4222.10.2007 5:04

Originally posted by saltynuts:
maybe you guys know something most people dont.are DEVS gonna stop making 360 games next year?
DUH! Once the 360 maxes out Devs aren't going to want to make games for it anymore. Why bother making games on the 360 when you can take longer to make a costlier game on more complicated hardware?

4323.10.2007 18:08

Quote:
Originally posted by saltynuts:
maybe you guys know something most people dont.are DEVS gonna stop making 360 games next year?
DUH! Once the 360 maxes out Devs aren't going to want to make games for it anymore. Why bother making games on the 360 when you can take longer to make a costlier game on more complicated hardware?
The PS2 does quite well for developer support after all these years so why not the 360?
It's like assuming the Wii being abandoned because HD is taking over...get real!
The PS3 hasn't taken over the world and Microsoft and Nintendo havn't gone home weeping failure.The PS3 with the POWER of CELL,the POWER of Blu-Ray and the unstoppable MIGHT of SONY Corp have lack lustre games to show for it and a skip-load of BS promises to keep fans happy.
Third place for Sony in the numbers game as far as I know and thats a fact you can't argue with.

4423.10.2007 20:49

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by saltynuts:
maybe you guys know something most people dont.are DEVS gonna stop making 360 games next year?
DUH! Once the 360 maxes out Devs aren't going to want to make games for it anymore. Why bother making games on the 360 when you can take longer to make a costlier game on more complicated hardware?
The PS2 does quite well for developer support after all these years so why not the 360?
It's like assuming the Wii being abandoned because HD is taking over...get real!
The PS3 hasn't taken over the world and Microsoft and Nintendo havn't gone home weeping failure.The PS3 with the POWER of CELL,the POWER of Blu-Ray and the unstoppable MIGHT of SONY Corp have lack lustre games to show for it and a skip-load of BS promises to keep fans happy.
Third place for Sony in the numbers game as far as I know and thats a fact you can't argue with.
The main trouble with the 360 is build quality its effect games and eating them LOL

MS is dcking about with hardware,I do like their upgrade plan however they still are havign issues with build qauilty, so untill they drop it 100 more I dun want.

Sony is smoking green crack while its head is up its ass,they need to drop the BS get one unit of the PS3 at 450 and leave BWC alone.....

4523.10.2007 22:05

So all it took was the fact that the xbox needed its key game to hit the market and it would take the lead well maybe sony needs to do that with gran tarismo.

4624.10.2007 20:56
vinny13
Inactive

Gran Turismo better be good, because if it isn't, I'm gonna drown myself in tears lmao

I've loved that game ever since I was 5 :)

4725.10.2007 15:36

According to Best Buys website, Vision Gran Turismo comes out New Year's Eve, and Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots comes out 3/15/2008. MTGS4 may get pushed back some as it's release date is still a long ways off, but GT should be out this holiday season and both those games are big enough to give the PS3 a boost in sales the way Halo 3 gave the 360.

4825.10.2007 17:44

Originally posted by wetsparks:
According to Best Buys website, Vision Gran Turismo comes out New Year's Eve, and Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots comes out 3/15/2008. MTGS4 may get pushed back some as it's release date is still a long ways off, but GT should be out this holiday season and both those games are big enough to give the PS3 a boost in sales the way Halo 3 gave the 360.

ya but it will only lead to a few extra 100K in unit sales if that, sony needs to stop dcking around get the ps3 in one unit at 450 with bwc and the rest of the normal features.

4925.10.2007 19:49
vinny13
Inactive

I think the PS3's prices are actually very reasonable. $500.00 for an 80GB PS3 with Motorstorm and in some cases an extra controller is a very good deal to me...

5025.10.2007 19:57

Originally posted by vinny13:
I think the PS3's prices are actually very reasonable. $500.00 for an 80GB PS3 with Motorstorm and in some cases an extra controller is a very good deal to me...
rriiiigghhhhtttttt off by 100 at least, sorry 500 is just to much, a good middle ground and soemthign that would slow losses on would be to go to 450 and drop the newb unit altogether, this seems the best balanced opiton.

5126.10.2007 0:00

If the $500 system has motorstorm like vinny said, then it is a $440 system zippy, better than what you are saying they should do.

5226.10.2007 0:17

Originally posted by wetsparks:
If the $500 system has motorstorm like vinny said, then it is a $440 system zippy, better than what you are saying they should do.
I don't count bundle pricing,since they can toss a game in for free, toss in a fee game, all I am saying is it would be best for them to offer the non handicapped PS3 for 450 forget other models at this point and time its wasteign their money.

5326.10.2007 0:22

They probably are, but they already have all these made for "the holiday rush" so after that hopefully they will sell out of the $400 system and work on making the better system cheaper. Just look at Nintendo, cheap does sell and they need to get cheap fast. They got good games out, lots more good games coming, but it won't do any good until they start getting more systems into peoples homes.

5426.10.2007 0:32

Originally posted by wetsparks:
They probably are, but they already have all these made for "the holiday rush" so after that hopefully they will sell out of the $400 system and work on making the better system cheaper. Just look at Nintendo, cheap does sell and they need to get cheap fast. They got good games out, lots more good games coming, but it won't do any good until they start getting more systems into peoples homes.
I wonder how long the 40GB model will last,I hope it dose not last long its a insult to the PSX brand, my only real complaints for the PS3 is price and optimization for the games(and lingering doubts about the direction of gaming), I do not really understand all these short term maneuvers prehaps they are trying to not look like fools in front of their investors but I dunno, I dont get the whole BWC issue it would have been cheaper to remove blue tooth from it and made the units run off corded game pads and you could upgrade to a USB blue tooth thing for 40$.....so much mismanagement IMO.

the 40 should been made with no BT or wi/fi or both buy a double adapter for 59.99 leave the USB as is,drop the card reader, sell it with a A/V svid cord, 1 wired control pad,they could have gone down to 350 for this...

Its just stupid what they do and MS really is no better.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive