AfterDawn: Tech news

Dell unleashes 30-inch monitor with HDMI and Displayport

Written by Dave Horvath @ 13 Nov 2007 12:34 User comments (12)

Dell unleashes 30-inch monitor with HDMI and Displayport Dell has been no stranger to releasing 30-inch monitors for PC hungry geeks worldwide, but its previous model fell short of some expectations. Dell has made sure they will right what is wrong with their newest next-gen monitor, the 3008WFP.
Armed with not only 30 Widescreen inches of pixel topology, the monitor gets several different inputs such as HMDI, two dual link DVI inputs, Component, S-VHS, Composite in, USB upstream connector, and a DisplayPort connection. With several different inputs, its quite possible for this monitor to have up to five different machines running into this one monitor.

The processing chip within the monitor allows for resolutions of 2560x1600, 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1680x1050 and all the other more common Resolution schemes. The monitor itself will also feature the to-be-expected tilt, swivel and vertical extension that seems to be with all of them now-a-days.

Source:
The Inquirer

Previous Next  

12 user comments

113.11.2007 15:58

DELL Monitors SUCK Badly. Their BLACKS look like gray when using them

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 13 Nov 2007 @ 15:59

214.11.2007 3:26

next will be video cards with HDMI

314.11.2007 14:04

dell monitors do not suck..im using one right now..blacks look black..it an HD one so it looks great, those resolution on the monitor are great

414.11.2007 14:44

yeah I've seen the dells and there fine

514.11.2007 15:51

U guyz are color BLIND

614.11.2007 20:22

I own two Dell Monitors and I am certainly not color blind. Both are superior quality monitors! Both display black as they should: Black, not Grey! To state that Dell Monitors suck badly just indicates to everyone that reads this that you are either ill informed as to what a quality monitor should look like or that you haven't a clue as to what a quality monitor is. Dell monitors have been reviewed by many tech companys with glowing positive reviews. The only thing that sucks about Dell is their teck support and it's definately not their Monitors, dude.

714.11.2007 20:35

Originally posted by Mozilfox:
I own two Dell Monitors and I am certainly not color blind. Both are superior quality monitors! Both display black as they should: Black, not Grey! To state that Dell Monitors suck badly just indicates to everyone that reads this that you are either ill informed as to what a quality monitor should look like or that you haven't a clue as to what a quality monitor is. Dell monitors have been reviewed by many tech companys with glowing positive reviews. The only thing that sucks about Dell is their teck support and it's definately not their Monitors, dude.

exactly, i only bought my dell because it was pretty cheap, but i was verrry impressed and i know in the future i will buy another one, maybe even the one from the article, at 30in and with 1080p+ resolution..woohoo

815.11.2007 4:10

i will wait for Veiw Sonic or the Samsung to come out with one of theses

915.11.2007 12:18

Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
i will wait for Veiw Sonic or the Samsung to come out with one of theses
Same here. ViewSonic puts out quality monitors for a decent price. I also have 2 Dell 19" LCD monitors. I've had them for maybe 5 years now. Excellent quality, despite surviving a drop and my 2 year old writing all over one screen with a sharpie marker :-P

1123.11.2007 9:06
picolo
Inactive

instead of dropping yes he's good or no it's rubbish please give some fact's to steate your opinion.
as : refresh rate 8ms is cool ore not
ore: contrast ratio
and so one
make your post something of vallue to read.
greatings

122.12.2007 20:18

Originally posted by xXxBG:
DELL Monitors SUCK Badly. Their BLACKS look like gray when using them
ditto i dont like dell either and even now that they have brought this out it does not prove anything to me that they have improved their products.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive