Nero Burning ROM v8.2.8.0 available for download

Written by Matti Vähäkainu (Google+) @ 20 Dec 2007 8:07 User comments (20)

Nero Burning ROM v8.2.8.0 available for download The popular multimedia suite Nero Burning ROM has been updated to v8.2.8.0. Nero firms its grip as one of the most successful CDR/DVDR burning application as the new version boasts a variety of improvements and new features, including BDMV Authoring and playback, improved file encoding speed, and support for Mini HD DVD discs.
Among other improvements the updated Nero 8 is able to play Mini HD DVD (3X DVD) discs and create them by burning HD DVD-Video onto DVD-R/RW media.

Nero Burning ROM has now been downloaded from Afterdawn nearly 4,5 million times.

Download Burning ROM v8.2.8.0 from:

Source:
Nero

120.12.2007 13:29

Hows the progression of Nero 8 going have they improved it any or is it going down hill more?

220.12.2007 22:08
manrod

I wanna know too, Nero's been really wank latley.

321.12.2007 0:09

Originally posted by manrod:
I wanna know too, Nero's been really wank latley.

and nero vision is missing options it had in 7.
for burning Nero is still the same but the extras have been kinda removed....

421.12.2007 1:06

which is the Nero version that works with Home Vista Premium?

521.12.2007 1:19

Originally posted by pz13749:
which is the Nero version that works with Home Vista Premium?
nero 7 seems to have the most stuff "running".

621.12.2007 1:46

I went back to Nero 6.6 Ultra. Less bulky and and less buggy.

721.12.2007 1:52

Originally posted by hermes_vb:
I went back to Nero 6.6 Ultra. Less bulky and and less buggy.
I love 7 even mreo so with the demo install that has everythign but the manuals a 400ishMB install for msot nero apps is nice :P

821.12.2007 4:03

The Nero newsletter offered an update to my 8.1.1.4, with a promise that it would be faster and better (sic). So I went for it.
What it did do, was to remove Nero completely from my machine. I waited for about 5 minutes to see if it would follow through, and download the update and install that.
Only, it just sat there, with only the desktop icons, and no substance.
So, I had to do a 'general clean', download the new version myself, and install that, after which, of course, there was the hassle of reregistering all parts of that software, as I tried to use it.

Bummer

921.12.2007 10:01
ktss1

Can i use Nero vision direct converter RMVB files to DVD-video

1021.12.2007 17:19
hangtime

Originally posted by manrod:
I wanna know too, Nero's been really wank latley.
it's lately you wanker

1121.12.2007 17:26

Originally posted by manrod:
I wanna know too, Nero's been really wank latley.
it's lately you wanker
Not really 8 is a bit wonky.

1221.12.2007 18:09

I note, that,unlike previous posts, no one has run up to defend Nero and its ways.Once upon a time, for every post denigrating something, there would be twentysome rebuttals, like how the product beat the others hands down, how Nero people were good to their mothers, etc. etc.
Lately, nothing.
Are people waking up to Roxio?

1321.12.2007 18:12

And another thing. Please do not call me a 'wanker'. I am actually in love with my left hand. A love affair that has been going on for a while now.

1421.12.2007 18:16

TMI

1521.12.2007 18:58

Originally posted by chinpark9:
Lately, nothing.
Are people waking up to Roxio?
because now both suck?

1628.12.2007 17:59

That is some impressive numbers there. That should speak for itself for people to realize that how good this Nero software is. I recommend this and Cyberlink products to all.

1728.12.2007 18:23

be wary of rixo 10..it comes with macrovision software >>

it dose have more options in compression methods and what not but its still not better than nero with acouple free apps and nero 7 and even 8 are alot easier to use.

1829.12.2007 1:51

Nero 8's working fine for me..

I use it mainly to make Mp3 discs, Data discs and Recode DVDs, noticed no changes in features for any of those functions

Everything pretty much the way it was; just a new layout and some minor changes in Nero Express that I noticed. Apart from that no errors or problems.

Plus it supports a lot more new media and drives.

1929.12.2007 7:26

It is so refreshing to see happy people.
Now, I have preferred Nero over Roxio for a number of years, and since the days of Recode and Vision, have been using these facilities on a regular- weekly- basis. So that, unless there is something wrong with the copy of 8.2.8.0, I can tell you that it is far slower than 8.1.1.4, and definitely much slower than the last version of Nero 7.
To give you times, a DVD recoded using version 7 takes @ 26/28 minutes. With the early versions of 8, the same DVD is taking 29/30 minutes.
With 8.2.8.0. however, I have been looking at 85/86 minutes.
Since then, I have reverted to 8.1.1.4, and am back to the faster times. A query with Nero has produced no reply, unless they are busy finding out and will bring out another version soonest.

2029.12.2007 7:34

Originally posted by chinpark9:
It is so refreshing to see happy people.
With 8.2.8.0. however, I have been looking at 85/86 minutes.
I would not doubt it, nero 8 is going through bad growing pains,I am happy I have held off buying 7/8 ,I have a borrowed copy of 7 ultra edition its great but I am not ready to get my own yet not with 8 being crappy >>

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations