CES 2008: SanDisk doubles capacity of Sansa Clip and Sansa View

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 07 Jan 2008 18:12 User comments (7)

CES 2008: SanDisk doubles capacity of Sansa Clip and Sansa View At the CES event today, SanDisk has announced that it will be increasing the capacity of two of its popular Sansa media players, the Clip and the View.
The Clip, which is seen as a direct competitor to the iPod Shuffle and Creative Zen Stone, will move up to a top capacity of 4GB while keeping its same tiny size. The View, which directly competes with the iPod Nano, will double in size as well to a top capacity of 32GB.

Both new higher capacity models are set to hit in February with price tags of $79.99 USD and $349.99 USD respectively.

Source:
pocket lint

17.1.2008 19:56
vinny13

Sounds good... Although you can get a 80Gb iPod Video for $249.99 :S

27.1.2008 22:10

The difference is that these are flash based players, where the 80gb iPod has a hard drive. That should give it improved battery life and with no moving parts, less chance of breaking.

I got one of the 2gb Sansa Clips for my niece for Christmas, and it was a pretty decent MP3 player for 1/3 the cost of a 4gb iPod Nano.

37.1.2008 22:50
vinny13

Originally posted by Xian:

Ya... I need a flahsed base player... Like an 80GB one that I can watch vids on and run with it. That's the only thing I don't like about the iPod Videos.

47.1.2008 23:22

Originally posted by Xian:

I love my iPod Touch :)

58.1.2008 0:41

Come on if they can create a 32 Gig SD card then we should have atleast a 32 Gig flash iPod coming soon.

68.1.2008 14:07

I'm really glad that this tech has come this far so fast. Since this industry has almost done away with using hard drives in mp3 players I've kind of been left in the dust waiting for a decent sized player to replace my old 30GB creative. Now all I have to do is wait for the prices to drop a bit.

79.1.2008 7:09

I like the features about this devices and the best thing is that you dont need any stupid software to use this portable device. The prices are good as well. Well done Sandisk.