Study reveals TVs as popular as MP3 players for music

Written by Rich Fiscus (Google+) @ 09 Jul 2008 19:24 User comments (7)

Study reveals TVs as popular as MP3 players for music Parks Associates has released the results of a new survey in the US and Canada that reveals some interesting facts about how people listen to music. Not surprisingly the results indicate around two thirds of all people in both countries with broadband connections regularly play music on their PC and half that many use portable media players, such as Apple's iPod. More surprising was the revelation that as many people seem to use their TV for music as own MP3 players.
"iPods are sexy, but not everybody has one," said John Barrett, Director of Research at Parks Associates. "TVs are ubiquitous and increasingly capable of delivering a range of content, especially with new features like digital music delivery and place-shifting services. This is just the tip of the iceberg for TV applications."

Analysts from the company are recommending that developers consider all three platforms when developing new digital entertainment services.

19.7.2008 19:38

i rather listen to music than watch tv, i mean "seriously" who can stand another reality?? or repeated series? series are fun but's not like music one u watched it for a firt time, the 2nd is boring

29.7.2008 22:26

Outside of sports and occasionally the news, i don't watch t.v.

Music however is a constant in my home. Some people turn the t.v. on for background noise, i prefer music and it doesn't play from my t.v.

39.7.2008 22:50

My TV is called a computer :P

410.7.2008 5:38
blueroad

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
My TV is called a computer :P

lol yeah mine 2 and my PSP is my MP3/4 :P

510.7.2008 7:36

Originally posted by blueroad:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
My TV is called a computer :P

lol yeah mine 2 and my PSP is my MP3/4 :P
Ditto. Lol.

610.7.2008 13:02

I use my TV as a MP3 player but my neck and back start to hurt after awhile.

710.7.2008 14:29

I've thought about putting all of my MP3s on my PS3, but I'm lazy and I'd rather use the GB for HD movies. ;-)