Last chance to buy Slysoft products with free updates

Written by Matti Vähäkainu (Google+) @ 26 Dec 2008 10:48 User comments (19)

Last chance to buy Slysoft products with free updates SlySoft informed us earlier that they'll change their upgrade policy. Currently, if you buy any of SlySoft's products, you'll get free updates for your lifetime. To be fair for its current and past customers, this policy wont change for existing customers, but soon new customers will get the updates only for one year, a common policy with software products nowadays.
If you have been planning to buy AnyDVD, AnyDVD HD, CloneDVD or any other of their products, now is the perfect time to do so -- they're also offering 20% discount for all purchases made before December 31st, 2008.

Further details and prices about SlySoft's products can be found from SlySoft's website.

126.12.2008 15:48

Glad I purchased mine already !

Happy New year !

Jo

226.12.2008 16:08

i am happy too

326.12.2008 16:10

i already purchased anydvd best money spent but i think this will lead ppl to downloading cracked copies instead of only gettin a years worth of use out of the product. I kind of understand the business idea in what they are doing by trying to make a good profit off of it but for the price its at now with only a years worth of updates i'd kind of shy away from purchasing it. Well just my two cents love the product and good luck to them.

426.12.2008 21:26

If we want the studios to honor "Fair Use", then people need to support Slysoft by buying the software instead of getting illegal pirated copies.

Come on, each trial version is free for 21 days anyway!!

If you like it (whatever Slysoft product you like) so much that you use it/them, you can still get free updates for life by buying the license for each product before December 31. That's about 4-5 days away, depending where in the world you live.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 26 Dec 2008 @ 21:29

527.12.2008 0:07

I've loved slysoft products since the days that DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink stopped updating and fixing their products for the new bugs. Once I couldn't use DVD Copy, I looked for alternatives. Any DVD is the best. I might buy a license for Any DVD HD just in case I get a blu ray burner in the future.

627.12.2008 1:25

I don't understand this new move one bit...SlySoft is great because of their ability to quickly move and break new protections. What good is the program if it cant break that new DVD I just purchased. I mean sure, I can wait one year for the update...but why bother...

727.12.2008 1:32

Originally posted by DVDBack23:

I think you mean, after Dec 31,2008, your update license is good for only a year, then if you want further updates, an additional 1 year license is necessary to purchase (every year). Once purchased, new updates (when available) will allow you to back up your newly purchased dvd ( without waiting a year).

827.12.2008 1:38

Originally posted by bryston:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:

Aww I see, its free updates as usual, just new license must be purchased every year. That was not clear to me, thanks for clearing it up :) (That's what I get for being up 20 hours)

(Ive had the full suite since 2006 so doesn't affect me regardless :P)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Dec 2008 @ 1:42

927.12.2008 1:47

DVDBack23,

you are quite welcome.

BTW, mom says "go to bed"

Jo

Life is Grand !

1027.12.2008 11:34

Thats pretty good that you get a year of updates..but.... the price makes it not worth fooling with, if they want a steady stream of income they need to halve the price to about 20 euros.

1127.12.2008 12:22

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
I couldn't agree more ZippyDSM. Even with the 20% discount AnyDVD is €39.20 or $55.11 (according to XE.com) AnyDVD HD is €63.20 or $88.56.

That is a lot of bones to drop every year just to keep an active license.

1227.12.2008 12:28

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:

That is a lot of bones to drop every year just to keep an active license.
Ya it comes down to some revenue is better than none but the trouble is they get greedy and think they can make do with larger but sparatic revenue then wonder why they can't keep up their cocaine habit.

1327.12.2008 14:01

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:

That is a lot of bones to drop every year just to keep an active license.
Well thats why its time to buy it now haha. That 88 bucks over the span of 30 years sounds reasonable :P

1427.12.2008 14:19

Originally posted by DVDBack23:

Even over the course of 2-3 years that isn't a bad deal.

$88 is expensive initially but that equates to only $44 (after two years) and $29.34 (after three years) spent per year and with "lifetime" updates, it will be good for 5-10 years by my guess before a new product is "required" to handle the newest format.

Peace

1527.12.2008 19:29
trav1085

i can "purchase" mine anytime and get free updates for life from their sister site "Demon Oid"

wink wink
nudge nudge
bump bump
hump hump

1627.12.2008 19:30
cousinkix

He must be kidding. They already got a US federal court to outlaw the sales of DVD X Copy a few years ago. The last thing those HOLLYWOOD studios want (on the market) is another piece of software that can defeat their DRM copy protection schemes. Buying a Slysoft product doesn't change the fact, that is illegal to make copies of those DVDs, that somebody bought legally in a store.

I have nothing against Slysoft; but their new updates policy will only encourage more people to use cracked versions instead of buying their $88 copies...

1728.12.2008 0:31

I don't believe the yearly update fee will be the original purchase price. Like I'm stuck with having to upgrade DVD Fab now since I waited too long. But the the update yearly I think will only be $10US. I would expect AnyDVD to be in that vicinity too.

185.1.2009 22:12

True. Paying for software that does an illegal thing doesn't make much sense.

195.1.2009 22:18

True. Paying for software that does an illegal thing doesn't make much sense.
In capitalist amerika fair use is illegal! HA!