AfterDawn: Tech news

New milestone for App Store

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 08 Jul 2009 1:29 User comments (1)

New milestone for App Store The Apple App Store has reached a new milestone this week, 13,000 games now available to iPhone and iPod Touch users, accounting for a hefty 20 percent of all applications available.
According to data from Mobclix, free games account for 27 percent of all titles (3559) while paid take up the rest of the pie, at 73 percent (9554).

Puzzle games remain the largest and most popular genre accounting for 16.4 percent (4263). In second is action at 11.2 percent (2913) followed by arcade at 11.2 percent as well (2906).

The total amount of games has jumped 110 percent since early March.

Previous Next  

1 user comment

111.7.2009 6:25

Games available: 13,000
Good games available: a few arcade classics that are free on every other platform, but must be purchased on the iPhone.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive