AfterDawn: Tech news

'Band Hero' headed to Nintendo DS with drum

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 Jul 2009 16:07 User comments (8)

'Band Hero' headed to Nintendo DS with drum Activision has announced that the upcoming Band Hero game headed to the DS will come with a new drum grip peripheral.
The game is headed to all the major consoles and like previous band games, will allow players to play along to music as a drummer, guitarist, bassist or singer.

The DS version will have a touch drum pad that is inserted in the GBA slot, making the game incompatible with the new DSi.

David Nathanielsz, 'Band Hero' executive producer, says, via GI.biz that "the reason for adding the peripheral was to make it more comfortable to rapidly tap the game's drum patterns."

The game is set for a fall release and will likely retail for 49.99 USD.

Previous Next  

8 user comments

123.7.2009 16:16
H08
Inactive

what i want to know is why activision is making a new IP while they still have The Guitar Hero Franchise and why would they roll out Band Hero And Guitar Hero 5 in the same time frame....

223.7.2009 18:55

Originally posted by H08:
what i want to know is why activision is making a new IP while they still have The Guitar Hero Franchise and why would they roll out Band Hero And Guitar Hero 5 in the same time frame....
Because they want to make a half-assed game for DS and get easy money, without ruining the Guitar Hero brand (even more than they already have).

323.7.2009 20:34
H08
Inactive

but its also being released on all "major consoles"

423.7.2009 23:56

Originally posted by H08:
but its also being released on all "major consoles"
Yep, sorry should have been more clear, thats the PS2, PS3, 360 and Wii.

524.7.2009 3:36




I just had to know what this thing looked like. Well, here it is... not as bad as I thought actually.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Jul 2009 @ 3:38

624.7.2009 12:13

I always thought the whole appeal to Guitar Hero was holding a toy "guitar" and sitting at a pretty good toy drum kit with a bunch of friends. This is just mind numbing thumb jabbing/button smashing.

Originally posted by cart0181:
I just had to know what this thing looked like. Well, here it is... not as bad as I thought actually.
I'd hate to see what you actully thought :P

724.7.2009 21:05
H08
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by H08:
but its also being released on all "major consoles"
Yep, sorry should have been more clear, thats the PS2, PS3, 360 and Wii.
its no problem, i was actually telling arcanix because he said it would ruin the guitar hero franchise for releasing a half assed game on the DS
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Jul 2009 @ 21:05

830.7.2009 20:46

Quote:
I always thought the whole appeal to Guitar Hero was holding a toy "guitar" and sitting at a pretty good toy drum kit with a bunch of friends. This is just mind numbing thumb jabbing/button smashing.

Originally posted by cart0181:
I just had to know what this thing looked like. Well, here it is... not as bad as I thought actually.
I'd hate to see what you actully thought :P
My sentiments exactly, I certainly wouldn't be caught dead buying something as ridiculous as this. But then, I'm not a 10 year old stuck in the car for long road trips either. I was picturing more of an "attachment" of some kind that would sit off to the side. Kinda like those keychain skateboard deals.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive