EU retailers chop price off PS3 before any official announcement

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 17 Aug 2009 3:27 User comments (6)

EU retailers chop price off PS3 before any official announcement The online retailers FNAC and Pixmania, of Portugal and Spain, have cut the price of their current 80GB PlayStation 3 stock by 100, down to 300, making a move that many expect Sony to officially announce next week.
Also anticipated alongside the price cuts is the release of a Slim PS3, which will cost about the same price and will include a 120GB HDD and slimmer design, and cooler processor.

PixMania PS3 Link

FNAC PS3 link bundle + Infamous

117.8.2009 7:58

Sony needs to price cut the PS3 I have only been able to get the PSP due to the Slim Model going down in Price when Crisis Core Final Fantasy Vii was released. I don't blame those companies price cutting themselves their probably fed up waiting for Sony to price cut the PS3, they havn't sense launch in 06 heck look at Microsoft and Nintendo they price cut their consoles and hand helds when ever theirs a huge sales increase or when a new model comes out which ever comes first.

217.8.2009 11:36

I dont think the Wii has had a price cut since launch. The PS3 has had two $100.00 price cuts since launch. I paid $600.00 for my 60gig 2006 PS3. Can get the 80gig for $400.00 now. I would assume that within the week, I can get the 80gig for $300.00

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Aug 2009 @ 11:45

317.8.2009 14:38
H08

Originally posted by Tristan_2:
just like glassd said the ps3 has had already two price cuts, and sony is expected to make to drop the price tommorrow
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Aug 2009 @ 16:22

418.8.2009 3:44

I am really curious to see if the slim have some new features.

518.8.2009 13:12
pphoenix

so is this a real price cut, or just a model shuffle?

618.8.2009 14:09

120gig Slim for $299. Oddly, the 80gig seams to be $299 as well. Will the Fat 80 have some things that the Slim wont, Like WIFI or something?