Digital Beatles tracks coming from EMI and Apple Corp.

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 04 Nov 2009 17:24 User comments (16)

Digital Beatles tracks coming from EMI and Apple Corp. EMI and Apple Corp. (not to be confused with Steve Jobs' Apple) have jointly the announced the release of a limited edition Beatles Stereo USB Apple which will be available worldwide.
The 30,000 USB flash drives will include the "critically acclaimed re-mastered audio for The Beatlesí 14 stereo titles, as well as all of the re-mastered CDsí visual elements, including 13 mini-documentary films about the studio albums, replicated original UK album art, rare photos and expanded liner notes."

The 16GB drives will include a full Flash user interface and the tracks will be available in FLAC 44.1 Khz 24-bit and 320 Kbps MP3s.

The Apples go on sale December 7th and will cost 200 GPB (about $330 USD).

You can check the full track listing here: Beatles USB Stereo Apples

More news

Related news

14.11.2009 21:42
mikecUSA

Yeah I bet these will be SEVERELY limited issue. I almost rebought all of their newly remastered CD's at Best Buy about a week ago and something told me to wait, I had a feeling a digital thing was on it's way. Here we are. I like the packaging, pretty clever in my opinion. If i can buy two I will, one to actually use and one to put on a shelf. It's going to make a great gift for the holidays.

24.11.2009 21:43
mikecUSA

Okay, 30,000, yep worldwide, I'd call that severely limited edition. 7 december is my birthday.

34.11.2009 22:16

The Apples go on sale December 7th and will cost 200 GPB (about $330 USD).
On December 8th, 10,000 of them will be on ebay for $1,000+ each.

44.11.2009 22:32

^^And online, for free, it just won't be legal :P

54.11.2009 22:59

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
^^And online, for free, it just won't be legal :P
Yeah; you are not paying for the music...you are paying for a flash drive that says "the beatles" on it. I bet there are some beatles fans out there with green MACs that can't wait for this.

65.11.2009 0:23
H08

i would rather get the stero remaster box set than this.

75.11.2009 0:53

Originally posted by H08:
i would rather get the stero remaster box set than this.

I agree.

Still, this is a pretty brilliant little package, even if the price is a bit nuts.

85.11.2009 4:46

The price is just right...if you consider the fact that they will sell out just as fast as if it was $30.

95.11.2009 9:59

I just got the stereo and mono box set's which cost me the best part of £340 so as much as I would like this I just cant buy it. The next time I buy a Beatles Album it will need to be remixed and on a better media maybe blu ray

Is FLAC 44.1 Khz 24-bit thatís better than C.D?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Nov 2009 @ 10:00

105.11.2009 15:42

Originally posted by 99masond:

Is FLAC 44.1 Khz 24-bit thatís better than C.D?

are you kidding flac is like the blue-ray of music

115.11.2009 18:04

Originally posted by 99masond:

Is FLAC 44.1 Khz 24-bit thatís better than C.D?
FLAC puts mp3 to shame.
Look for DVD players that recognize FLAC in car players real soon, if not already, just like they did with mp3. Since FLAC files are bigger, DVD players will make more sense, although you can burn 1 FLAC file to a CD now. One listen, your hooked.
mcm

126.11.2009 5:54

So let me get this straight, they are offering us a Fancy USB with preloaded Flac files and MP3 files.To further add insult to injury, its $150 more than just buying the Stereo boxset(granted its a pretty rad apple) and ripping them yourself with the ripper of your choice eg-EAC,dBpoweramp,iTunes, into the format of your choice eg-FLAC,WAV,ALAC,AIFF,MP3.The comment that said "1 FLAC file to a CD now" actually you could burn an entire album in FLAC to a CD-R with NERO, I personally prefer the audio be in WAV for CD-R's. And to the comment that Flac is like the blu-ray of music, that is not correct, blu-ray is the blu-ray of music(DVD-Audio,SACD's), Flac is just one of many lossless formats available and it is identical to a WAV file(uncompressed) but distinctly smaller because it is compressed without any loss of quality(in other words, identical to the original CD), I prefer Flac for playback on my computer,ALAC for playback on my Ipod and MP3 for my shuffle considering it's usually in a noisy enviroment. IMHO, save your money for the 180 gram vinyl's soon to be released.(if your'e an "audiophile" that is).

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Nov 2009 @ 6:03

136.11.2009 10:45

Originally posted by tagnlatte:
Excuse me genius, 1 flac file means an album/per CD not 1 file/CD. ROFLMAO. The upcoming dvd players will play multiple FLAC files er albums in the car just like current one's do mp3. Regardless you don't need nero to do any of it. Open mouth remove foot.

147.11.2009 21:12

Originally posted by tagnlatte:
There are MANY people (I'd say as high as 95 percent) who would have no idea how to rip their files nor would they want to take the time and effort to rip 14 albums.

1526.12.2009 10:10

I am a computer neophyte and need HELP! I recently purchased the Beatles Stereo Box Set USB Flashdrive for my son and we can't figure out how to get the music onto his iPod Touch. Can someone PLEASE help me!

1626.12.2009 11:01

Originally posted by tagnlatte:
Granted, but these are already pre-"ripped"? to FLAC format and nobody seems to be mentioning what truly sets these gems apart from the others, 24-bit! They average 1800K/bs and some top 2000K/bs. This causes a 30min. or so album to clock in at about 500MB. However, the sound blows away the 16-bit stereo box sets released earlier.
IMO, there is no comparison between the 24-bit flacs and anything available up to this point. Listen to one, you'll see.
Though they may put out vinyls, look for them to resurface sometime soon in DVD-A format (44/24 playable on most existing equipment) and DVD-V format (96/24 requires "special" equipment).

Latest user comments