Speak Spanish or Dutch? Help us!

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 12 Dec 2009 6:21 User comments (18)

Speak Spanish or Dutch? Help us! About a year ago we asked you guys to help us to translate our site to your own language. The whole translation process has evolved quite a lot during the past year and several new translation projects are currently on-going. However, two language versions are approaching the point where they could go finally go live.
Now, if you happen to speak a fluent speaker of either Spanish or Dutch and also understand English (well enough to be able to translate from English to your own language) -- and want to see AfterDawn available in your own language, contact us using our feedback form. We unfortunately can't pay for your efforts, but can send various AfterDawn merchandise to the most active volunteers as a thank you (and can write you a letter telling that you've helped with this project, if you want one).

The workload that there is left is relatively small -- just by spending couple of hours on it would help us dramatically to get these translations launched.

Help us out here :-)

P.S. We welcome other translation volunteers too -- we have on-going translation projects currently in Norwegian, Danish, German, (Brazilian) Portuguese and French. Just contact us if you'd like to participate.

P.P.S. Like mentioned a year ago, "fluent" in this context doesn't mean "I used to read Spanish/Dutch in high school couple of years ago" .. and it doesn't mean "I can use Google Translate fluently" either :-)

112.12.2009 7:34

good way !

if you need some help for french translation give me a sign ;-)

212.12.2009 8:00

Originally posted by titoum:
good way !

if you need some help for french translation give me a sign ;-)
Thanks, sent you a private message detailing the translation process. French project is also building up, but not as complete as these two (Spanish and Dutch).

312.12.2009 10:32

dRD, have you thought about visiting some anime sites based in Spain or Amsterdam? Because you'll likely to find someone who's bilinqual if not trilingual. Lots of those translators slave for hours on projects w/out getting paid. it's all of love.

412.12.2009 11:49

I speak fluent gibberish,perhaps I can help with all the incoherent's and lolspeakers. =^^=

512.12.2009 12:34

I can help out with Dutch translation.
Does the merchandise come with a Hartge H50:P

612.12.2009 14:35

It's a good deal guys, the merchandise is so rare staff doesn't even get it! :)

712.12.2009 14:52

I speak spanish and english, spanish was my first language let me know if you need any help.

812.12.2009 16:46

I speak perfect spanish. How can I help?

912.12.2009 17:31

Ah no Hartge H50:P Well not to worry I have had much help from this site, so it's nice to help out in return.

P.S. To the staff. Do you know what a Hartge H50 is? I have a long standing joke with the missus, when she asks what do you want for your birthday / christmas and I always say, a hartge H50. Missus always says yes I will buy you 2, so you have a different colour for the weekend:P he he he he she is now laughing at me writing this.

1012.12.2009 19:37

Hey Joe, sorry no cars available :P

1113.12.2009 11:18

You could help on the Tomedes Professional Translation Service . I know they are helping lots of NGOs with their translation needs for no charge

1213.12.2009 16:40

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
You always get a chuckle out of me Zip...

1313.12.2009 18:00

Originally posted by Oner:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
You always get a chuckle out of me Zip...
What can I say I try,*bows and falls off the stage into reach of the torches and pitchforks* =0-o=

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

1414.12.2009 14:32

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
Sure, as long as you can read/write clean Modern Standard Gibberish, we don't want any local dialects added into the mix, want it to be gibberish used universally.

Originally posted by joe777:
Does the merchandise come with a Hartge H50:P
Ah, unfortunately we don't really support Beamers -- even while the fact that it is a modded one and therefor quite well fits to our site's general structure. Got couple of dozen AfterDawn-colored Porsche Carrera GTs, but as it is such an old model, we feel too ashamed to send them away. Coffee mug, in aD colors, instead, maybe?-)

Anyway, all the joking aside :-) Spanish project received quite a nice bunch of volunteers, but more is obviously needed to get this done in reasonable timeframe - so, contact us via the feedback form.

Furthermore, Dutch project still desperately needs some help. Same applies -- if you can donate couple of hours of your time, get in touch with us.

As an additional bonus, our French, German and Portuguese projects got a nice boost from this announcement, so I can also say that if you're fluent in any of those languages, again, feel free to contact us.

Thanks for all of you who have already contacted us and helped with the translation process!
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Dec 2009 @ 14:40

1518.12.2009 11:26

I've lived 14 years in Amsterdam, Holland and 10 years in L.A. so I speak Dutch and English fluently. I'd like to know how to go about translating cuz if there isn't too much effort or coding involved then I'd be happy to help. Also, is there a deadline? I will definitely have time in the New Year to check it out but I'm workin long hours for the rest of this month. Please let me know if I can be of any help and if not too much is required then I won't even ask for your precious afterdawn merchandise.

1619.12.2009 0:58

.. and it doesn't mean "I can use Google Translate fluently" either

Hahahahaha.

1719.12.2009 14:10

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:

Originally posted by joe777:
Does the merchandise come with a Hartge H50:P

Zippy speak is universal!! fear it!!!!!

Well....universal as in everyone gets a headache from it :P
If anything sick me on the incoherent's they will either shape up or be rolled over in the cascading dung ball of their words!....and the sad thing I always wind up being taken for a ride in sht..... 0-o

1820.12.2009 21:04

Spanish is my first language, and my English is great for a second language. Contact me if you need help.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 20 Dec 2009 @ 21:06