10 motion control games coming for PS3 this year?

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 28 Jan 2010 13:15 User comments (12)

10 motion control games coming for PS3 this year? Sony will be releasing "around" 10 motion control-based games this year, for use with the PS3's upcoming "Arc" device, says a short Nikkei report today.
A few of the games released will be sports based and "pet raising" based.

Sony announced last week that the device was being pushed back from a Spring release to a fall release, but that it would come with "extensive line-up" of software in North America, Europe, Japan and the Asian regions.

Rival Project Natal is coming in the fall as well.

128.1.2010 16:44

Sound like dumb games to me.

228.1.2010 23:10

Originally posted by bam431:
Sound like dumb games to me.

I would have to agree. Ditto.
Some more information would be great though about what exactly we would be playing here. Would this be kinda a Wii type gaming thing.

329.1.2010 2:05
chris4160

Atleast Natal is different to the wii. The Arc is almost the same as the wii, which gets boring incredibly quickly (to me atleast, unless I am playing with somebody else).

429.1.2010 10:20

Originally posted by chris4160:
Actually Natal is more like the old Eyetoy because of the games it will have, while the "Arc" is a combination of the Wii & Eyetoy...although the implementation of a controller in "Arc" has been developed for over 10 years (before Wii). But I think we can all agree the "casual" aspects of whatever titles are made, may very well be the downfall of gaming. Possibly similar to what happened in the 80's with Atari. Eh, I dunno...we'll see as time goes on what all of these casual style games will offer. I just hope it isn't a step back.

529.1.2010 12:18

Hmm..

I was expecting Sony to get developers to give games with sword fighting scenes to update it to be compatible with the Arc.

I'll be disappointed if the Arc is just for sports games and such. (like the Wii)

I was really expecting 'hardcore' games to be mixed with the Arc.

629.1.2010 12:35

Star Wars

729.1.2010 16:39

I read that they are doing an Ape Escape game for "Arc"...reminiscent (to me) of how they made the first for the PS1 to show how the use of 2 analog sticks could be implemented/utilized. I actually still have my original launch day PS1 and the controller that came with it ~

829.1.2010 16:40

What i want to see is how the new system differs from PS3 games that already use the 6 axis controller as "motion control"
Anyone who has played Killzone 2 knows that it was fairly cool to have to turn the controller to rotate locks and such.

But personally i don't want to see my PS3 turn into a Wii, If i had wanted a Wii i would have bought one. But instead i bought a PS3 for Blu-Ray, and a 360 because any multi-platform games so far have always played better on the 360 then they did on PS3.

929.1.2010 18:13

Originally posted by steimy:

Exactly why the Arc and Natal are sold separately.
Sony and Microsoft are trying to target casual gamers, but still giving the 'hardcore' experience.

And that's why I THOUGHT that the Arc would be good.

1030.1.2010 17:54

Originally posted by steimy:

Exactly why the Arc and Natal are sold separately.

And that's why I THOUGHT that the Arc would be good.
i love some games for the wii but i quit playing zelda because the slashing with my hands got me tired sometimes i just want to play and relax. I do enought working out at the gym and my job. F the arc and f Nathal

112.2.2010 13:22

I personally do not own a Wii, but my friend does as he has three kids. And for them the system is perfect. But i totally understand what embo22000 is saying about it really wearing you out playing games on it. Like i said, for a young kid with all the energy in the world and then some, fine. For me, not so much.

I swear that if it were legal i could strap kids to a merry-go-round and solve the whole worlds energy crisis, LOL

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Feb 2010 @ 13:23

126.2.2010 10:29

If I would have wanted something like this, I would have just bought a WII.