Modern Warfare 2 DLC for PC, PS3 coming next month

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Apr 2010 12:42 User comments (10)

Modern Warfare 2 DLC for PC, PS3 coming next month Infinity Ward has said today that it plans to release the Modern Warfare 2 DLC "Stimulus Package" for the PS3 and PC on May 4th, two months after its release on the Xbox 360.
Says IW community manager Robert Bowling via Tweet: "The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package DLC will hit PS3 in North America on May 4th, everywhere else May 5th. PC gets it worldwide on May 4th."

Coinciding with the release, IW will "host a double XP event," allowing gamers to make double experience points while playing multiplayer.

The pack will cost $15 USD, just like it does for the 360, and will add 5 new maps.

19.4.2010 19:09

What the heck is a DLC?

29.4.2010 20:40

Originally posted by cart0181:
What the heck is a DLC?
DownLoadble Content.

39.4.2010 23:07

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by cart0181:
What the heck is a DLC?
DownLoadble Content.
Ok thanks, so it's an expansion pack basically.

410.4.2010 2:24

how is it two months after 360? 360's DLC was released at the end of march. may 4 is only one month and 5 days after the initial release......

510.4.2010 3:00
av_verbal

$15 for 5 maps man some people must be really stupid to think this is good value.

610.4.2010 3:55
pspbarry

Originally posted by av_verbal:
we will tho as i only play the hidden map now (offline) if there more of this map type ill buy it, sneeking around and killing is the best part of the game to me! hope they can see some of us like this and not just the in your face your dead iam dead crap.

710.4.2010 4:40

MW2 is so lame. I wont be buying anything for this game. I got ripped when I got the game and now they are raping you the second time around.

I went back playing the original MW. Better connection to servers you can choose. MW2 is a waste.

810.4.2010 20:24

$15 is cheap for how many hours ive put into the game. Haters must just suck at it. The last 3 cod games are the only games i ever play, and mw2 is the best by far. Its the best selling game of all time, and the dlc sold 2.5 million just on the 360 in a week. I dont think people are too upset with the price. If you dont want to spend 5 extra bucks get a better job. Or just dont buy it, either way you should shut up about it.

Since when does 35 days equal 2 months? thats just ridiculous.

910.4.2010 22:15

JETYI83

Its not the moneyor pricing of the game its how the game is being hosted. As you well know in MW1 you have options to which servers you can play but not in MW2. You even host it without your knowledge.

Im the biggest fan of MW. When it first came out and i pimp my system to quad core, 16 gigs of mem, dual GTX 260 and at present upgraded to dual GTX 285 before MW2 came out. I upgrade my systems every 8 months because I can really afford it. As you can see money is not the issue.

1012.4.2010 9:51

Originally posted by kfir1:
JETYI83

i admit for pc it sucks that you cant host your own server, but honestly on 360 i like the new connection better. It doesnt throw you off games if someone disconnects anymore, you can shift hosts, and connections to games are very quick.