AfterDawn: Tech news

Hulu headed to Xbox 360 after E3?

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 02 Jun 2010 15:34 User comments (7)

Hulu headed to Xbox 360 after E3? GearLive, citing a source close to Microsoft that is "never wrong," has reported today that the Microsoft Xbox 360 will be the first console to get native Hulu support, with the announcement coming at the E3 event later this month.
Microsoft will show off a subscription-based Hulu, says the source, at E3, which begins on June 14th.

The rest is speculation, but the site says Hulu will be integrated into the Xbox 360 dashboard, just like Netflix and other Xbox Live services are currently.

The subscription fee is still unknown, but it seems improbable the monthly fee will cost over $9.99.

As speculated in the past, a subscription-based Hulu would include full access to all seasons of TV episodes. Users using the free ad-based Hulu normally only get the last 5 trailing episodes of any given season.

Previous Next  

7 user comments

12.6.2010 17:26

really 10 bucks for something that is free online with limited ads. Thanks but no thanks MS. I'll continue to watch it on my computer for FREE!

22.6.2010 17:37

Hey look! Something else for 360 users to for! New and exciting!

32.6.2010 19:57

I hope its free for the xbox user like it is online. Adding 10 dollars a month may not go very well for everybody.

42.6.2010 21:34

Originally posted by khmernize:
I hope its free for the xbox user like it is online. Adding 10 dollars a month may not go very well for everybody.
Yeah for free it would be nice, but don't bet on Microsoft to do that, since their money grubbers, and it's likely that people from Hulu are looking for revenue from Microsoft, so a paid subscription seems likely. Stick to the PC, that what I do to get it for free, and besides, it's less hassle anyways.

53.6.2010 0:57

If the quality was better, and they had all the channels, then $10 a month would be a great deal, as you could disconnect cable (live sports would be lost...but most live sports are on free OTA stations).

Too bad you only get a handful of series, and they are so compressed that they don't even look good on an iPhone.

63.6.2010 13:24

I heard Hulu will be charging monthly fees. But i don't think you have to pay it. I believe that if you dont you will only be able to view the last 5 episodes of each show free.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

73.6.2010 13:32

Originally posted by gnovak1:
I heard Hulu will be charging monthly fees. But i don't think you have to pay it. I believe that if you dont you will only be able to view the last 5 episodes of each show free.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
Originally posted by The Article:

As speculated in the past, a subscription-based Hulu would include full access to all seasons of TV episodes. Users using the free ad-based Hulu normally only get the last 5 trailing episodes of any given season.


Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive