LG confirms upcoming smartphones will use Nvidia Tegra 2 processors

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Sep 2010 0:18 User comments (6)

LG confirms upcoming smartphones will use Nvidia Tegra 2 processors LG has confirmed today that it will be introducing new smartphones during the Q4 this year that will run on Nvidia Tegra 2 mobile processors.
The Tegra 2 is the world's first dual-core CPU mobile processor.

LG will introduce the phones as part of their Optimus series.

"LG is committed to making its Optimus Series smart devices the de facto standard in speed and graphics performance," says Chang Ma, Vice President of Marketing Strategy Team, LG Mobile Communications Company. "We selected NVIDIA because it is the visual computing leader and has a long history of creating amazing consumer experiences."

The CPU uses dual-1GHz chips and is the first processor to enable 1080p video recording.

Nvidia promises that the Tegra 2 will offer up to 500 percent better gaming performance and 200 percent faster Web browsing.

"The ultimate smartphones will be powered by Tegra, the world’s most advanced mobile processor," added Phil Carmack, senior vice president of NVIDIA’s mobile business. "LG is one of the most popular consumer brands, and their Optimus Series of devices with Tegra is further validation of the processor’s ability to deliver an unrivaled, turbocharged media experience."

The biggest question will be battery life.

19.9.2010 12:46

Man I wish I had the money to test all of these new devices.

29.9.2010 14:24

I don't know why, but not really excited for anything LG

39.9.2010 20:27

Originally posted by i1der:
I don't know why, but not really excited for anything LG
I've been like that for ages since 2002 actually :) In my experience anything LG does not have a good lifespan beyond the first year. If you are going to get a smartphone get a phone that the companies basic product is only phones and yes I do have an iPhone and i am not that impressed with it but its still better than anything LG would ever make.

The biggest question will be battery life.
A question for all phones in the market today.

410.9.2010 0:07

Originally posted by i1der:
I don't know why, but not really excited for anything LG
No, they make really good LCD monitors.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

510.9.2010 23:10

My LG LCD TV has been amazing, couldn't be happier with it.

611.9.2010 1:36

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by i1der:
I don't know why, but not really excited for anything LG
No, they make really good LCD monitors.
I should also have said they're value for money.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-