Zune software for Macs coming by the end of the year

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 13 Oct 2010 19:50 User comments (9)

Zune software for Macs coming by the end of the year Microsoft has confirmed today that they will be releasing Zune software for Macs by the end of the year, following many months of speculation.
Says the software giant: "Later in 2010 Microsoft will make a public beta available of a tool that allows Windows Phone 7 to sync select content with Mac computers."

Windows Phone 7 owners should be able to quickly connect their smartphones to their Macs, and sync media content stored on their hard drives.

Microsoft first announced the news via Twitter: "Daily #WP7 Announcement: I'm glad to confirm that Mac users would be able to use Zune on their Macs to sync with #WP7. More details soon."

The company finally unveiled its initial WP7 lineup earlier this week, with two phones headed to T-Mobile, three headed to AT&T and one each on Verizon and Sprint next year.

113.10.2010 20:35

does this mean that for the zune users, they can finally use their zune(s) on mac?
i hope so as i have the zune hd and and 8gb zune

ahhhhh!!! cobras

213.10.2010 21:12

What's a Zune?...Can I eat it with fries?...:-P

DS Warrior ! ! !

313.10.2010 21:23

I hate Zune software about the same amount as itunes.

www.inebriare.com
Xbox Live: Rogue Jello - PSN: bam431 - IGN: bam431
Youtube: electrowaffle - Twitter: bam431
i5 760, P7P55D-E, Vapor-X HD5770, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD,

413.10.2010 21:47

So, the least popular Software can be used on the least popular computer?

Is that for all 1000 Mac computers and all 500 Zune users?

Oh, Im sorry... Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

513.10.2010 23:15

They should have had it for mac in the first place it just makes sense business wise. I know its not a large portion of the pie but a profit is a profit.

613.10.2010 23:51

Not a big fan of zune

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Website: http://www.ampleblaze.com

714.10.2010 4:08

I thought Zune had died, is it still alive?

814.10.2010 9:18

@ThePastor, the right question should be how many Mac users would actually have interest in acquiring a WP7 terminal for themselves.

It's a known fact that many Windows and Linux users own an iPhone (not me, btw), but I don't think that it would work in both ways. Apple fanboys are so much more blind and radical about the platforms they work with than we PC users are.

"You know, it seems that quotes on the internet are becoming less and less reliable." -Abraham Lincoln.

914.10.2010 13:30

Originally posted by biglo30:
I completely agree! Seems to me the arrogance of Microsoft to think people would buy windoZe to use zune, there is iTunes (good or bad) for both the Mac && Windows.