How to install Android 2.2 on jailbroken iPhone without PC

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 10 Nov 2010 20:24 User comments (7)

How to install Android 2.2 on jailbroken iPhone without PC Redmond Pie has put up very interesting instructions this week on how to install Android 2.2 Froyo on jailbroken iPhones without needing a PC.
The site uses Bootlace 2.1, a new piece of software similar to iPhoDroid.

Bootlace works on the iPhone 2G with iOS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and the iPhone 3G running iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1.

The software works with jailbreaking tools PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Blackra1n.

While Android runs painfully slow on the iPhone (say reviewers), you can check the instructions here: Install Android 2.2 on 2G/3G iPhone

110.11.2010 22:37

The speed can't be much worse than the iOS4 performance. I'll be giving this a shot.

Edit: Yeah make sure you install the bootloader correctly. I messed up and thought my phone was a brick for a minute. The screen wasn't even on but was apparently in recovery mode.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Nov 2010 @ 2:13

211.11.2010 10:00

How about for the iphone 4. I will love to try this on my iphone 4

311.11.2010 20:13

Originally posted by 21Q:

Yeah I swear IOS4 was made in order to force 3G users to upgrade. I wonder why there's no class action lawsuit out yet?

411.11.2010 20:16

Originally posted by SProdigy:
Originally posted by 21Q:

There is.

GENERATION 98: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

512.11.2010 9:35

Well, the camera always crashes, and there is no market either. It's also a pain to unlock since it seems to unregister your fingers touch when you pull the lock to unlock it. Other wise it seems to work fine. The speed isn't as much as an issue as they make it seem either. It's definitely usable.

612.11.2010 10:24

If you can't use the Android market, you might want to look around for one of the "Market fix" apps available for rooted Android phones; one may do the trick. Additionally, if you install a file manager - Astro or AndroZip, say - you can install .apk packages from wherever you put them on the phone, bypassing the market.

713.11.2010 1:57

cut the chase get an Android phone... this is only good for a test drive...