Warner Bros. investigating into 36 minute leak of latest Harry Potter film

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 17 Nov 2010 22:19 User comments (9)

Warner Bros. investigating into 36 minute leak of latest Harry Potter film Yesterday, we reported that the first 36 minutes of the latest Harry Potter film was made widely available on the Internet, via a leak.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, will debut in the U.S. on Friday and is in theaters in some countries already.

The "extended clip," which is tagged as a DVD-Screener, has a large Warner Bros. watermark but is an otherwise intact first 36 minutes of the film.

Today, Warner Bros. has said they are looking into the leak, and will prosecute whoever leaked the movie.

Says the studio: "This constitutes a serious breach of copyright violation and theft of Warner Bros. property. We are vigorously investigating this matter and will prosecute those involved to the full extent of the law."

117.11.2010 22:39

It must be a terrible movie...I mean, really really bad.

Why do I say that?

Because it is the first 36 minutes. If it is any good, then it would only serve as an extended trailer to the movie. This can only hurt sales if the movie sucks.

218.11.2010 4:40

i strongly believe that this was leaked on purpose

318.11.2010 10:42

That 36 minutes of film was deliberately release by them to try and track the users who will be sharing it. I don't know why anyone would want to get a 30 min snippet of a movie but I'm pretty sure there are some numb skulls out there who would.

418.11.2010 11:42

I hate to say it but I think it was leaked on purpose especially if it has a WB watermark which no Movie Leak has. I'm more skeptical about the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep leak as it is due to the fact the Mysterious Figure Boss was more tough in the leak then the final product which only Square can do.

I'm guessing like most movie leaks is an employee gave the film to someone(or similar case like Wolverine) then the person leaked it, Its simple if we think on it this way. PLUS Harry Potter is NOT Warner Bros Property Its Rowlings(despite her possibly using others ideas but is in such denial on it) This is why Copyright IS SOOOOO STUPID Companies have this BIG ego on their "Property"

518.11.2010 13:19

LOL...If you get sued or prosecuted for the first 36 min of a movie you deserve it for being stupid.

Just my $0.02,

dEwMe

618.11.2010 17:28

A part of a part of a movie..

We must go deeper.

719.11.2010 19:50

at least the time served want be hard labor! well of course it could be hard bending over in a US jail

820.11.2010 0:49

Saw the clip on a site and passed it by. Didn't see the point. Warner should consider it a teaser for the rabid Potter crowd.

920.11.2010 18:13

I think everyone is just wanting to see how Emma Watsons' ever evolving hot lil bod is coming along before they shell out the $$$ for the whole movie...

@Tristan_2 - Uhhh...Rowlings owns the rights to the HP franchise but the studios purchase the movie rights from her (corporation actually), so in legalese, WB certainly owns the rights on that clip. They have such "big ego's" because they paid mucho-millions for said license on the movie(s).

I'll still d'load it from Demonoid tho...;)
LOL