Digg founder says iPad 2 announcement coming within the month

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 10 Jan 2011 1:54 User comments (8)

Digg founder says iPad 2 announcement coming within the month This weekend, Digg founder Kevin Rose added fuel to the iPad 2 rumor mill fire, claiming an introduction of the tablet is coming within a month.
Says Rose:

I have it on good authority that Apple will be announcing the iPad 2 in the next '3-4 weeks,' possibly Tuesday February 1st. The iPad 2 will feature a retina display and front/back camera. If you're thinking of buying an iPad, hold off for now.

Outside of the Retina Display and dual-cameras, other oft-posted rumors include the addition of a USB port, a larger, improved speaker and slimmer form factor.

From the retail side, Apple has kept most of its overstaffed holiday personnel employed, and limited vacation time for a three-week period from the end of January into February for all staff. Vacation time is always limited when a large product launch is in store, such as an updated iPhone.

Apple had been expected to begin selling the iPad 2 in April, a year after the launch of the first generation tablet.

110.1.2011 2:01

I been hearing about this for a while, I knew a guy who just bought one of the old ones. I told him to wait because newer ones where coming but he didn't wanna listen to me. Oh well....dummy

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Jan 2011 @ 2:03

210.1.2011 9:01

I hate Apple, they're greedy punks!

ZX Spectrum 128K

310.1.2011 9:15

Thought they already announced the date for last week of march

410.1.2011 11:16

if apple were to get a brick and place the apple logo on it,
it will be a hit sensation !!!!!

510.1.2011 11:26

more like Ipad 1.2 I do not see anything that makes its 2.0....

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

610.1.2011 11:38

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
more like Ipad 1.2 I do not see anything that makes its 2.0....
lol u make me laugh yeh ur right wat has improved anywai ?

710.1.2011 12:52

Originally posted by 3MUK:
if apple were to get a brick and place the apple logo on it,
it will be a hit sensation !!!!!
The iBrick...great for building homes...except you'd have to replace them every year.

810.1.2011 15:25

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by 3MUK:
if apple were to get a brick and place the apple logo on it,
it will be a hit sensation !!!!!
And they still cost a few thousand a piece...but hey look at that logo...woot?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Jan 2011 @ 15:27

Just my $0.02,