AfterDawn: Tech news

Toys 'R' Us to start selling iPad 2?

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 08 Apr 2011 0:03 User comments (7)

Toys 'R' Us to start selling iPad 2? Modmyi has reported today that the iPad 2 is headed to Toys 'R' Us stores, adding to the growing list of retailers which will have the tablet on sale.
Beginning next month, stores will get the iPad 2 along with Smart Covers, the iPad Camera Connection Kit, and a VGA connector.

As proof, the site has a picture of the employee training guide prepping them for the launch.

The iPad 2 is available in Apple stores, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Radioshack, Verizon and AT&T alongside e-tailers like Amazon.

Although numbers have not been released, the iPad 2 is expected to have sold over 2 million units since launch last month.


Previous Next  

7 user comments

18.4.2011 0:50

Well that is a fitting place for a toy like the iPad


"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" ~ Roy Trenneman

http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

28.4.2011 7:03

Calling it a toy is really an insult to legitimate toy makers.



38.4.2011 10:15

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Calling it a toy is really an insult to legitimate toy makers.
lol sooo true ;)

48.4.2011 22:46

Well the only thing that i can figure out its a device that you can download games on soo maybe thats the link :P


Edited by DVDBack23


"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Website: http://www.ampleblaze.com

58.4.2011 23:57

Originally posted by borhan9:
Well the only thing that i can figure out its a device that you can download games on soo maybe thats the link :P
They should start selling TI calculators and android cell phones by that logic.

[edit]
I just realized what they are doing...this isn't for the kids at all. This is for the parents. They drop the little brat off in the store and let them run free. Meanwhile, they sit by the entrance and wait. This is an ideal time to sell them something that is designed to burn up dead time just like this.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Apr 2011 @ 0:01


69.4.2011 6:06

apparently the ipad is a learning tool.never seen or used one myself but ive seen articles in the local newspaper saying they are using them in schools for children as young as 4 to help them learn to read & write.back in the days when i was a youngster it was my parents teaching me to read and write without all this fancy technology.


custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

79.4.2011 9:54

Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
apparently the ipad is a learning tool.never seen or used one myself but ive seen articles in the local newspaper saying they are using them in schools for children as young as 4 to help them learn to read & write.back in the days when i was a youngster it was my parents teaching me to read and write without all this fancy technology.
Yep and while the kids are running some "learning" app on the iPad the teacher is over in the corner playing Angry Birds instead of doing her job to teach.

Sometimes technology is a crutch and old school methods are best.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" ~ Roy Trenneman

http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive