'Facebook phone' coming this week

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 12 Jul 2011 2:01 User comments (13)

'Facebook phone' coming this week The first "Facebook phone" is officially hitting the United States on July 17th via Best Buy Stores.
HTC's Status will sell for $50 with 2-year contract.

The device itself will run on Android 2.3 with HTC Sense overlay, have a 2.6-inch touch screen with 480 x 320 resolution, 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM, dual-cameras and an 800MHz processor.

Dubbed the Facebook phone because it has its own Facebook button underneath the keypad, owners have a chance to use a deeply integrated Facebook app.

For example, if you are listening to music, by hitting the Facebook button you can instantly share what song you are playing, and same goes for Web browsing and pictures. Simply hit the button to share the site you are on or upload the picture you just took.

When a friend calls, you will see their Facebook picture and current status on the home screen.

Owners can also use the newly added Skype-based Facebook video chats, although you will need Wi-Fi to do so.

The Status will be available in black, silver, pink, blue and mauve colorways.

112.7.2011 2:44

yawwwwwwwnnn. Sorry aare we still taking about Facebook? I thought that thing died ages ago.

ZX Spectrum 128K

212.7.2011 3:07

HTC is better than this.

312.7.2011 5:23

Originally posted by Dragon3000:
Died? Facebook? I think you're pretty far out of the loop if you believe that.

412.7.2011 12:27

Fugly to be an HTC phone. Not worth the money IMO. What the hell were they thinking making this thing.

512.7.2011 12:48

Originally posted by KSib:
Originally posted by Dragon3000:
Died? Facebook? I think you're pretty far out of the loop if you believe that.
it has died havnt been able to get on it for 2days.managed to get on it a few times through the facebook blog site but thats gone down aswell now.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

612.7.2011 14:14

So because you haven't been able to access it that means it has died? That makes no sense. For most people it's been running smoothly for a long time. That makes me wonder how many other people say misinformed things like that.

713.7.2011 4:16

This Ugly Phone will be gone as fast as the Kin 1 and 2

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

813.7.2011 4:26

Originally posted by Mrguss:
This Ugly Phone will be gone as fast as the Kin 1 and 2
Yes, this the THIRD facebook phone will fail just as bad as the first two from Microsoft.

As for facebook, it is still there...it is just that anyone who pays attention has closed their account, and now it is just a bunch of people updating eachother on what song they are listening to.

If I were still on facebook and one of my "friends" was posting every song they listened to, I would drop them and then write a letter to FaceBook asking for the ability to add people to an "enemies" list.

913.7.2011 13:39

May be unthinkable to some but what happens when something better than facebook comes out and the sheep jump ship to go to the new thing? This a paperweight then? Maybe they should just make the button programmable???

Just my $0.02,

dEwMe

1013.7.2011 13:47

From a lame website comes a lame idea.....yet again.

As for dEwMe..........I highly doubt that FB will get bumped aside in the next 2-3 years (the average lifespan of cell phone ownership).

1114.7.2011 3:26

must be a new stupid steep taken by facebook. they are DESTROYING their own work day by day. first they have changed the interface, then they make the chats save in inbox, n now they have changed the chat box. such stupid things they are doing now in the name of UPDATE. it just sucks!!.. have stared hating facebook now. and the Facebook Phone surely will be such a stupid thing..
data analysis tools

1214.7.2011 5:21

It took over 6 months to get my account closed because I didn't think that their response to various security issues was not good enough (and because A55-holes from high school kept trying to contact me).

Even if I wanted to get harassed by people, I wouldn't reopen that account...the security just isn't up to par...in fact, it isn't even up to Sony standards.

1315.7.2011 10:30

A Facebook phone! Oh pleeeeeze.

"Is that 3 thousand dollar bounty on the shark in cash or check?"

"We can do it the easy way...Or we can do it the REAL easy way."