PS Vita will indeed have 512MB RAM

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 18 Aug 2011 13:58 User comments (19)

PS Vita will indeed have 512MB RAM Sony has released the final specs for its PlayStation Vita handheld, and it appears that despite the rumors, the console will have 512MB RAM.
The Vita will run on an ARM Cortex A9 quad-core processor and be powered by a quad-core PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU.

Featuring a 5-inch capacitive multitouch OLED screen (with 16 million colors), the device will be 7.16 by 0.73 by 3.28 inches.

Despite rumors that Sony would skimp out on RAM, the Vita has 512MB memory and 128MB VRAM in its graphics processor.

The rear camera will be capable of 60fps and 640x480 resolution or 120fps at 320x240 resolution.

Sony says the Vita will playback MP3, AAC, WAV (Linear PCM) files and MPEG-4 video including H.264 AVC encodings in high, main, or baseline profiles.

Prices $250 for Wi-Fi-only, $300 for 3G, and a 2012 launch date in U.S. and Europe.

Related news

118.8.2011 15:36

This may be outdated by cell phones by then lol.

218.8.2011 15:58

See how silly it is to whine and moan about RUMORS???

318.8.2011 17:57

my phone has 1gb ram...really sony? how cheap can you get?

Being nice always has its own consequences

418.8.2011 18:22

Originally posted by Mysttic:
This may be outdated by cell phones by then lol.
It already is outdated. Wtf are you smoking?

518.8.2011 18:59

this will be a day one for me some great games being made for it. they made great games with the little ram on the first PSP so this will be loads better.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Aug 2011 @ 19:00

618.8.2011 19:55

Originally posted by Hyasuma:
my phone has 1gb ram...really sony? how cheap can you get?

Does your phone also have a quadcore processor and dedicated GPU?

GENERATION 98: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

718.8.2011 20:00

@Hyasuma how much money does your 1 gig phone cost in the shops to buy without a contract?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Aug 2011 @ 20:02

818.8.2011 22:16

YAY! now games can look shiner while sucking more!

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

919.8.2011 0:38

Originally posted by escalante:
Originally posted by Hyasuma:
my phone has 1gb ram...really sony? how cheap can you get?

Does your phone also have a quadcore processor and dedicated GPU?
Nope...but my phone does make phone calls, something that Sony refuses to add to any of their mobile playstations.

Overall, the NGP looks good. If it were made by almost any other company, I would preorder one...but since it is Sony, the only way I can buy one is if they are hackable, and if Sony is losing money on every unit they sell.

1019.8.2011 1:53

Humm.I dont expect it.

Cheap Chanel Bags

1119.8.2011 5:34

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
YAY! now games can look shiner while sucking more!

broaden your scopes man, 512MB is that much more room for programs to be written for after its hacked.

Powered By

1219.8.2011 5:53

Originally posted by DXR88:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
YAY! now games can look shiner while sucking more!

I honestly have to wonder if anyone will bother. I mean, I understand why people keep fighting the PS3 battle...it was intentionally sold to hackers and developers (OtherOS was a selling feature...I don't care what Sony says or if it was on the box or not...it was the deciding factor in me buying the PS3 instead of the 360). But at this point, everyone knows that Sony is evil...and only their loyal, anti-hacking fanboys will be buying from them. Given that these are the same people who come out to throw eggs at hackers, and that they don't use CFWs, why would hackers bother to make CFWs for them? It would be like giving a gift to someone who hates you, just to have them throw it away....and the few fanboys that would actually use CFW would only use it for piracy.

1319.8.2011 6:26

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by DXR88:
Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
YAY! now games can look shiner while sucking more!

I don't think all the people that take up the hobby of reverse programing think like that, if they did our innovations would be limited to the narrow minds and fat wallets of the suits. besides imagine how pissed off Sony would be to have yet another PSP hacked to hell, that alone would be due compensation.

Powered By

1419.8.2011 10:57

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by escalante:
Originally posted by Hyasuma:
my phone has 1gb ram...really sony? how cheap can you get?

Does your phone also have a quadcore processor and dedicated GPU?

Oh wow, just wow... Do you need 1G memory to make phone calls?

1519.8.2011 12:01

this site is a bit childish with some of the comments you can tell it is pure anti Sony BS.

1619.8.2011 14:34

Originally posted by Gnawnivek:
Originally posted by KillerBug:
Originally posted by escalante:
Originally posted by Hyasuma:
my phone has 1gb ram...really sony? how cheap can you get?

Does your phone also have a quadcore processor and dedicated GPU?

Oh wow, just wow... Do you need 1G memory to make phone calls?

It just compensates for being too small 'elsewhere.' ;-)

1719.8.2011 15:50

Originally posted by ZippyDSM:
YAY! now games can look shiner while sucking more!

lol, zippy, u never cease to kill me! xxD

1819.8.2011 16:33

Originally posted by KillerBug:
I use my CFW to get features that the OFW doesn't support, like screenshots in-game and cheat codes.

Also, the public seems to have this impression that CFWs are vastly different than their OFW counterparts, which isn't true. PROcfw for instance, looks exactly like the OFW.

1923.8.2011 5:52
ps3lvanub

I am getting this handheld.

IMPORTANT: If you hate Sony for being so corrupt, copy this image into your signature too!

OMG! COD6 TENTH HACK WITHOUT JTAG!

Latest news

Plex now available for PS3, PS4 with limitations Plex now available for PS3, PS4 with limitations (17 Dec 2014 22:56)
A little over a month after Plex released an app for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, the personal media streaming company has released apps for the PS3 and PS4.
U.S. to blame North Korea for Sony Pictures hack U.S. to blame North Korea for Sony Pictures hack (17 Dec 2014 21:52)
According to numerous media outlets, U.S. government officials will announce tomorrow that North Korea was indeed behind the devastating hack on Sony Pictures.
Sony has no plans to ever release 'The Interview' - no DVD, Blu-ray, no VOD, no TV Sony has no plans to ever release 'The Interview' - no DVD, Blu-ray, no VOD, no TV (17 Dec 2014 20:30)
Sony Pictures has now decided against ever releasing 'The Interview' in any form, almost guaranteeing themselves a $100 million loss on the film.
Nearly everyone in Hollywood is outraged by Sony and the movie theater chain's 'act of cowardice' in canceling 'The Interview' Nearly everyone in Hollywood is outraged by Sony and the movie theater chain's 'act of cowardice' in canceling 'The Interview' (17 Dec 2014 20:00)
Following news that all the major U.S. movie theater chains would not be showing 'The Interview,' Sony Pictures announced it was canceling the release of the film, which was slated to open on Christmas in the U.S.
The hackers win: Sony cancels release of 'The Interview' as movie theaters bail The hackers win: Sony cancels release of 'The Interview' as movie theaters bail (17 Dec 2014 19:39)
Just hours after major U.S. theater chains said they would not screen the film following terrorists threats, Sony has canceled the release of 'The Interview,' a comedy in which Seth Rogen and James Franco are sent to North Korea to assassinate Kim Jo