Record label cited in cocaine trafficking bust

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 17 Sep 2011 1:07 User comments (10)

Record label cited in cocaine trafficking bust Earlier this year, following a year-long investigation, the U.S. DEA arrested and indicted 46-year-old rap music manager James Rosemond on 18 felony charges of leading a narcotics rings that smuggled cocaine across the U.S. in musician's "road cases."
Today, the Smoking Gun is reporting that members of the ring arranged pickups and deliveries at the offices of Interscope Records, a noted RIAA label.

Prosecutors have provided shipping records for deliveries made at Interscope Record's LA office from a cargo company that transported music cases that had their contents replaced with cocaine and up to $1 million in cash.

Additionally, there were pickups and deliveries at a recording studio on Manhattan’s Upper West Side.

117.9.2011 3:09

Thanks Bruce Almighty!

217.9.2011 3:28

So that is why blink 182's new single is called, "Up all night"...

317.9.2011 5:40

if you listen to rap music you might of heard them sing about moving coke in the grillz of there cars.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

417.9.2011 7:20

RIAA = cocaine... Everything suddenly makes sense.

517.9.2011 8:36

Interesting facts about Ted Field. (Interscope)
Jeff

Cars, Guitars & Radiation.

618.9.2011 9:21

This is music to my ears!

718.9.2011 20:47

and the record companys yell at people like us for pirating music, look at them , there doing about the same damn thing.

sux to b u.

For Sale:

Parachute, Used Once, never opened small stain.
Best Offer!

819.9.2011 15:13

Wait-a-mintue... somebody in the music scene got got with drugs!?! Say it ain't so!?!

Give me a break! Now the RIAA want to turn DEA? Kiss my A.S.S.. Why don't these urchins go out & lug some amps or music equipment for these bands & earn a living the correct way instead of sleezing & sliding paperwork around & calling it a million dollars?

I just 'knew' the RIAA was a bunch of hypocrites. Go in smiting decent people for doing silly/stupid things on a low level & yet turn around & behave like complete bastards like this like a presidential crony as though nobody can touch you. It's got to be true because you simply can't make it up.

919.9.2011 15:28

"It's a Pee Wee Herman remake right out of existence. The only thing that could have made this better is if they had busted into a hotel room as Cary Sherman finished tooting up and then he & Rosemond were just starting shooting to Roman candles out of their asses down the street when DEA came to collect them."

I like reading your long winded posts. Phew I can knock out a cup of coffee. :)

Yes, payola has been here forever... but now it goes a lot deeper and has more meaning then it used to.

"I don't make monkeys. I just train 'em!"

Jeff

1019.9.2011 15:44

I suppose if I were a little more light tempered I would make for breakfast reading, but sometimes my candor leaves a bit desired for choking down a bagel. Not to mention the monitor a bit awash with coffee.