Sony updates PS3 Blu-ray remote to have TV controls

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 10 Oct 2011 12:20 User comments (11)

Sony updates PS3 Blu-ray remote to have TV controls Later this month, Sony will release an updated version of its PS3/Blu-ray remote control, one that adds TV controls.
Additionally, the controller should make it easier to use Netflix via Sony devices, says the company.

The new controller has TV and Volume controls and the other standard features of the remote, including PS3 controls (including shoulders buttons).

Sony released the controller in Japan all the way back in March and is now releasing it in the U.S.

Expected price is $25-30.

Check the controller here.

110.10.2011 12:27

Does it have a power button this time around?

210.10.2011 12:40

That would of been nice with the original controller. Although I hate the f-ing thing, touch any button and your PS3 turns on. Really annoying.

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****

310.10.2011 12:50

Meh. I have my satellite remote and my controller, can't warrant $20+ just to have the exact same functionality in one device, especially because after a bout of watching something and needing that remote, I'd still pick up the controller right beside me to play a game. Suppose it's good for some that they're finally giving it the functions of nearly every other remote out there (even those that come with devices) after almost six years of production.

~*Livin' Electronicallly*~

410.10.2011 13:15

Originally posted by SGSeries2:
Does it have a power button this time around?
Bought my parents a Sony Blu-ray player about a year ago. The controller doesn't have eject/open/close button. Seriously. Who designs a remote control without open/close??? I guess I should be grateful thiers has a power button.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Oct 2011 @ 13:16

511.10.2011 12:10

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by SGSeries2:
Does it have a power button this time around?
I never actually understood the need for an eject/close button on the remote. You still have to get up to change the discs.

611.10.2011 13:25

Originally posted by core2kid:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by SGSeries2:
Does it have a power button this time around?
because we might forget to close the tray before sitting down

711.10.2011 14:03

Originally posted by xaznboitx:
Originally posted by core2kid:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by SGSeries2:
Does it have a power button this time around?
because we might forget to close the tray before sitting down

Hit Play, it'll auto close the tray.

811.10.2011 15:35

It's to seem like a magician when your niece doesn't see the remote >.> and you want her to change discs without touching anything else lol

921.10.2011 13:24

Originally posted by buxtahuda:
Hahaha last part was the damn truest!

SmokeThis2006

1031.10.2011 0:46

Originally posted by Morreale:
^ This! I can't count how many times I go to put my glasses on my nightstand and I hear the *beep* of the PS3 start up.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Apr 2012 @ 23:28

Someone told me once that theres a right and wrong, and that punishment would come to those
who dare to cross the line.
But it must not be true for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.

1131.3.2012 3:26
vwboy72
Unverified new user

Originally posted by Morreale:
That is why I turn off the PS3 using the switch on the back. You can do that unless you have a crappy Slim version PS3.