AfterDawn US server problems fixed

Written by Jari Ketola @ 07 Nov 2011 16:37 User comments (18)

AfterDawn US server problems fixed One of the AfterDawn.com servers had connectivity problems during the weekend, which caused problems for our North American users. Users in other regions could have been affected as well.
The problems were caused by a combination of abnormal network latency and cache frontend server configuration. There also was another problem that caused occasional "Oops, there has been an error" -messages when no error actually occured. This was also caused by an overly optimistic default setting in the version of Varnish Cache we were using. The setting has now been fixed along with an upgrade of Varnish.

We are deeply sorry about the inconvenience the problems have caused, and hope that they are now behind us.

Should you encounter problems accessing or using our site, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via email at firstname.lastname@afterdawn.com or via Twitter at @ketola or @afterdawn.

Reference:

17.11.2011 17:57

not fixed still.... I was having issues getting the page to load few mins ago.

27.11.2011 20:17

I download Firefox 8 from this site yesterday, but do not work. So I downgrade to Firefox 7.
After I re-instal the aol toolbar I found the Afterdawn Icon, Thx.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Nov 2011 @ 20:50

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

37.11.2011 22:07

welcome back!

Being nice always has its own consequences

47.11.2011 22:38

I was wondering what the deal was with that.

57.11.2011 22:47

I had to use a proxy to get on yesterday...but that happens all the time with this site.

67.11.2011 23:13

no problems for me & i'm in canada.

77.11.2011 23:28

had a couple of failed logins yesterday.good so far today.canada here too.

88.11.2011 2:02

had couple of porblems with site last 2 days but working fine now.im in australia.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

98.11.2011 2:53

How do I get rid of this annoying banner that pops up covering the bottom post? I've had this issue for a month... Running firefox 7

thanks

No time for Leap frog!!!

108.11.2011 3:10

Originally posted by JOHNSTARR:
Could you please post a screenshot of the banner when the problem occurs. I will take a look at the issue and forward it to our ad sales.

Thanks!

Jari Ketola
Administrator

118.11.2011 5:26

Originally posted by Ketola:
Originally posted by JOHNSTARR:

Thanks!

ive had the issue for ages aswell.screenshot and problem was posted 23september and never got fixed.link

128.11.2011 6:30

Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
Thank you very much. Don't know how that thread has gone unnoticed all this time!

Looking into the issue.

Jari Ketola
Administrator

138.11.2011 6:36

Snapshot for Ketola

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Nov 2011 @ 6:45

No time for Leap frog!!!

148.11.2011 7:15

Originally posted by JOHNSTARR:

Snapshot for Ketola
Well I'd say that's rather annoying, yes..

Jari Ketola
Administrator

159.11.2011 1:14

Update

The problem has been located by the ad management team and it should now be fixed.

We are sorry about the annoyance caused.

Jari Ketola
Administrator

169.11.2011 5:56

Originally posted by Ketola:
Update

We are sorry about the annoyance caused.
I love AdBlock+

179.11.2011 6:02

Originally posted by Ketola:
Update

We are sorry about the annoyance caused.

Nice :) I guess I posted the issue in the right place

-thanks

No time for Leap frog!!!

1819.11.2011 4:42

@ Ketola

This same issue started back up about a week ago.

No time for Leap frog!!!