LG announces Optimus 4X HD with massive screen, quad-core

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 Feb 2012 23:01 User comments (27)

LG announces Optimus 4X HD with massive screen, quad-core LG has unveiled its 2012 flagship Android device, the Optuimus 4x HD.
The device will run on a 1.5GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor (with 5th ninja core), Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage.

Additionally, the phone has a massive 4.7 inch True IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels, an 8MP rear camera with backside illumination sensor, a 1.3MP front-facing camera and a large 2,150 mAh battery.

The device is LG's successor to their Optimus 2x, the flagship device of 2011.

Pricing and availability will be released at the Mobile World Congress event next week.

123.2.2012 23:29

They need to start making pants with bigger pockets.

224.2.2012 1:38

That looks so sweet from the specs. If they added a slide-out gamepad to it, I would be all over it.

324.2.2012 2:38

I'll take the one on the right.....the girl, not the device.
LOL

424.2.2012 3:29

I wonder if this will be a LTE device

524.2.2012 5:08

Originally posted by core2kid:
They need to start making pants with bigger pockets.
Your reading my mind .

624.2.2012 8:59

I wonder how it'll fare against its competition this MWC. Sucks for LG that their flagship phone will be stomped on later in the year when S4 krait(maybe), omap 5, and exynos 5250 debut.

"Cable thief is a victimless crime."

724.2.2012 10:21

Originally posted by core2kid:
They need to start making pants with bigger pockets.
Hahahahaha.

Someone told me once that theres a right and wrong, and that punishment would come to those
who dare to cross the line.
But it must not be true for jerk-offs like you.
Maybe it takes longer to catch a total asshole.

824.2.2012 12:42

Nice. I have an LG Fathom I'd love to replace with this. Yes, we would need bigger pockets! That sucker dwarfs my current phone LOL!

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

924.2.2012 13:13

1GB of RAMM? Isn't that a little bit light? 16GB of storage is a bit passe' nowadays too isn't it? Especially for a flagship. I mean 16/32 would have been a real nut floater... Not that I still wouldn't want one of these augmenting my old fat bastard hip clips... I'm afraid of that price tag and I ain't afraid of nothing...

1024.2.2012 13:36

I like how those phones look like 12" tablets in the tiny hands of those girls who look like they're maybe 14...

1124.2.2012 16:43

Originally posted by LordRuss:
The 16GB is standard because of the cheap prices of Micro SD cards. As for the 1GB RAM...2GB will likely be the standard by the end of the year.

1224.2.2012 16:44

LOL, you guys are funny. A phone is just a phone for me. Though mine isn't activated at the moment. Plans are just too expensive at the moment. So, I use it as an mp3 player. Works quite nicely too :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

1324.2.2012 20:40

cool stuff

1425.2.2012 12:29

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
2GB still seems a bit small for on board storage. Seeing as the Razor & Galaxy S2 come with 16GB of RAMM (my Droid x came with it too, but the newer X2 comes with only 8, go figure...), then to see LG refer to this device as a 'flagship'... I guess I'm missing something here.

1525.2.2012 17:32

That screen is not THAT large. You just have two skinny girls with small hands holding the phone. ANY phone would look large in their hands. Reading the specs will show that it's not a huge phone; fast, but not huge.

1625.2.2012 17:51

Originally posted by LordRuss:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
I think you have your memory formats confused Russ :)

1725.2.2012 21:24

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by LordRuss:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
I think you have your memory formats confused Russ :)
16GB on board & 16GB micro SD(upgradable to 32GB) 'external' stoarage? I thought I was OK... Government meds... you know this stuff comes from the lowest bidder, the actual values could vary several grams at a whack pretty easy...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Feb 2012 @ 21:25

1825.2.2012 21:46

Originally posted by core2kid:
They need to start making pants with bigger pockets.
who wears pants?

1927.2.2012 19:37

Originally posted by IguanaC64:
Yeah I forgot how things look bigger in the hands of smaller women..LMAO!! When I saw the pick I said DAAAAMMMN! and then I read the spec and now I'm less impressed. 4.7" ? Thats not impressive...LMAO Plus its an LG...cant be that good.

What I am most surprised about is that the [edited] that are modeling the phones in the picture aren't Asian.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Feb 2012 @ 20:45

2027.2.2012 19:45

Originally posted by SoulGLOW:
Originally posted by IguanaC64:
It's the biggest display on a smartphone that isn't the Galaxy Note, how is that "not impressive"?

2127.2.2012 20:32

SoulGLOW

Don't be a fool - watch your language.

2228.2.2012 0:31

Sorry, but 4.7 is massive in my book! My LG fathom is 3.2. I consider that enough, but much bigger, would be very large for a phone. :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

2328.2.2012 8:08

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Originally posted by SoulGLOW:
Originally posted by IguanaC64:
That whole post was a JOKE!!!

2428.2.2012 8:08

Originally posted by Lethal_B:
SoulGLOW

Don't be a fool - watch your language.
Uh........HUH?

2528.2.2012 11:22

Originally posted by SoulGLOW:
Originally posted by Lethal_B:
SoulGLOW

Don't be a fool - watch your language.
Uh........HUH?
Really...?

2628.2.2012 12:22

I'm betting you used the female dog term? :p

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

271.3.2012 11:00
ishmael2

I'm confused! Isn't this just a tablet with phone? You may as well hold an I-pad up to your ear. Its much like having a clock on your wrist and calling it a watch.