AfterDawn: Tech news

New iPad already sold out

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 11 Mar 2012 18:37 User comments (18)

New iPad already sold out Apple has announced that the new iPad is already sold out, so fans who wanted to pre-order the device will have to wait a bit longer to get their tablet.
All pre-order supply have sold out, but the device goes on sale on March 16th through Apple retail stores and authorized resellers like AT&T, Verizon, Target and Best Buy.

Says Apple: "Customer response to the new iPad has been off the charts."

As of now, the new iPad pre-orders will ship by March 19th, later than launch day, which should come as a surprise to eager buyers.

Apple launched the LTE iPad on March 7th. The device features a Retina Display (2048x1536) screen, an A5X chip with quad-core graphics and a new iSight camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a five-element lens, capable of 1080p video recording with improved software stabilization.

Previous Next  

18 user comments

111.3.2012 18:53

Say what you want about Apple but once again they are going to make a killing on a new Ipad.........

211.3.2012 18:59

Those specs are outrageous for such a device, What are we doing, mmorpging with it now?


Custom Computer rebuild 2.80GHZ@6cores/8GBRAM|3DS | WII|360|PS3|

311.3.2012 20:16

I don't want it for free !! Keep It ! I wonder if the New Apple CEO puts his feet in the toilet bowl to keep cool ?? Overpriced Crap made by Chinese Slaves for $25 and they sell it to you jerks for $600 .. Wow !!!

411.3.2012 22:02

Not to mention, the damn thing isn't THAT much different than the iPad 2. Not so much so that people should be dumping their iPad 2 and lining up for an iPad 3. Apple sure knows how to bring in the suckers though!

512.3.2012 3:05
SmaryJerry
Unverified new user

Used to hate Apple, now I love their products. Finally a company that is bringing back premium products instead of just making the cheapest piece of shit possible like the route every other computer manufacturer took.

612.3.2012 3:20
blogsoon
Inactive

I dont want it for free !!

712.3.2012 11:15

Originally posted by ronhondo:
I don't want it for free !! Keep It ! I wonder if the New Apple CEO puts his feet in the toilet bowl to keep cool ?? Overpriced Crap made by Chinese Slaves for $25 and they sell it to you jerks for $600 .. Wow !!!
Be careful... there's some in here who'd have you believe that speaking ill of CrApple's good fortune would be akin to devil worshiping or that you're some kind of elitist. Or at least that's the way they were doing me. They say I suffer from a superiority complex, where I say they suffer from an inferiority complex. Oh, the disparity...

Personally, I totally agree with you... with an artistic twist along the lines of - swirling his feet in a golden toilet filled with the tears of slave labor - or would that be too much?

I suppose to keep the wantons off my back (which is totally contradictory, they're going to whine anyway) I should say 'kudos' to Apple for having charmed their loyal fan base into pre purchasing yet another lack luster device for a ball busting price point.

Whomever keeps saying "you have to give Apple credit" or "Apple has done it again", as though we're to grin like it's an achievement can pound sand; it's NOT. When are the folks buying this stuff going to stop & demand that something more be produced for the correct price point & stop thinking that what they're getting is satisfactory? It's several hundred dollars for an upgrade & a mild one at that.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Mar 2012 @ 11:27

812.3.2012 12:55
SmaryJerry
Unverified new user

Originally posted by LordRuss:
Originally posted by ronhondo:
I don't want it for free !! Keep It ! I wonder if the New Apple CEO puts his feet in the toilet bowl to keep cool ?? Overpriced Crap made by Chinese Slaves for $25 and they sell it to you jerks for $600 .. Wow !!!
Be careful... there's some in here who'd have you believe that speaking ill of CrApple's good fortune would be akin to devil worshiping or that you're some kind of elitist. Or at least that's the way they were doing me. They say I suffer from a superiority complex, where I say they suffer from an inferiority complex. Oh, the disparity...

Personally, I totally agree with you... with an artistic twist along the lines of - swirling his feet in a golden toilet filled with the tears of slave labor - or would that be too much?

I suppose to keep the wantons off my back (which is totally contradictory, they're going to whine anyway) I should say 'kudos' to Apple for having charmed their loyal fan base into pre purchasing yet another lack luster device for a ball busting price point.

Whomever keeps saying "you have to give Apple credit" or "Apple has done it again", as though we're to grin like it's an achievement can pound sand; it's NOT. When are the folks buying this stuff going to stop & demand that something more be produced for the correct price point & stop thinking that what they're getting is satisfactory? It's several hundred dollars for an upgrade & a mild one at that.

If they weren't at the right price point they wouldn't be selling. Sure it's expensive, and the reason is because it's so much better made and designed than anything else. They are always first to market with the highest resoultion screens on their tablets and phones. Besdies, Apple lives in the luxury item zone where they have no competition so their prices are going to be high. It's like luxury yacht's of the technology world. With a luxury item they should expect to sell less but make more. The thing is, they are actually pretty resonable priced as well so they sell a ton.

912.3.2012 13:43

Originally posted by SmaryJerry:
If they weren't at the right price point they wouldn't be selling. Sure it's expensive, and the reason is because it's so much better made and designed than anything else. They are always first to market with the highest resoultion screens on their tablets and phones. Besdies, Apple lives in the luxury item zone where they have no competition so their prices are going to be high. It's like luxury yacht's of the technology world. With a luxury item they should expect to sell less but make more. The thing is, they are actually pretty resonable priced as well so they sell a ton.
Not necessarily... $4000 suits aren't at the correct price point, but they sell. You're right about luxury items, but I, like a few others, probably don't consider Apple products as 'luxury' items; especially if they're pushing other portions their product line as 'production' equipment. Like that in the entertainment arena & the medical field.

As another forum member said in another related article about a week & a half ago, Apple speaks to a 'status'. I'm not knocking Apple because they look & smell pretty. I'm knocking them because they are using that as an excuse to get out of work.

Sure, I expect to spend $50K on a Cadallac CTS, but I also have previous knowledge that it'll hold together & run like a bat out of hell. My juxtaposition between Apple products & their competitors has been the exact opposite given your luxury paradigm.

I can see it, but for me, I just simply don't agree.

1012.3.2012 15:08

I think apple products are a blast to use, until you have to start talking to multiple devices, and formats outside the ecosystem.


"Cable thief is a victimless crime."

1112.3.2012 16:43

The tablet market all in itself is a luxury and non-essential item. Kudos to Apple for practically creating a market segment that people didn't even know existed and convinced people to buy an item that they didn't even realize that wanted/needed. From that point of view, the iPad is even more of a success than the iPhone.

Me personally, I've tried the iPad, the Kindle Fire, and a few of the Android ones and decided they're just another item to lug around and not worth it to me. They're still too reliant on PCs for too many things and they're impractical for doing a lot of typing on. For ultraportable computing, I'll stick with a Macbook Air or a 13" Windows laptop.

1212.3.2012 16:51

All of that would be fine, that it's a luxury device only for the hipsters of the world or the suits...
Unfortunantly the tech world is trying to push this "Post PC Era" crap down our throats. What is a luxury item is being ramrodded into the mainstream, whether we like it or not.
Windows 8? Seriously?


Oh, Im sorry... Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

1312.3.2012 16:51

Originally posted by ZeusAV:
The tablet market all in itself is a luxury and non-essential item. Kudos to Apple for practically creating a market segment that people didn't even know existed and convinced people to buy an item that they didn't even realize that wanted/needed. From that point of view, the iPad is even more of a success than the iPhone.

Me personally, I've tried the iPad, the Kindle Fire, and a few of the Android ones and decided they're just another item to lug around and not worth it to me. They're still too reliant on PCs for too many things and they're impractical for doing a lot of typing on. For ultraportable computing, I'll stick with a Macbook Air or a 13" Windows laptop.
For the most part, I agree & should have have said it your way. Except for inclining that I use Apple products... That just get's me to feeling like I rolled in attic insulation all day.

Originally posted by ThePastor:
Unfortunantly the tech world is trying to push this "Post PC Era" crap down our throats. What is a luxury item is being ramrodded into the mainstream, whether we like it or not.
Windows 8? Seriously?
Right there with you Pastor, right there with you...
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Mar 2012 @ 17:13

1412.3.2012 17:11
SmaryJerry
Unverified new user

Originally posted by ZeusAV:
The tablet market all in itself is a luxury and non-essential item. Kudos to Apple for practically creating a market segment that people didn't even know existed and convinced people to buy an item that they didn't even realize that wanted/needed. From that point of view, the iPad is even more of a success than the iPhone.

Me personally, I've tried the iPad, the Kindle Fire, and a few of the Android ones and decided they're just another item to lug around and not worth it to me. They're still too reliant on PCs for too many things and they're impractical for doing a lot of typing on. For ultraportable computing, I'll stick with a Macbook Air or a 13" Windows laptop.
I used to agree that it was useless until I was gifted one. Now my poops are more enjoyable than ever before. Not to mention it can be setup with my computer with a screen share program to essentially be a portable monitor for my desktop.

1515.3.2012 15:44

Throwing red meat to the animals.

Knock yourselves out boy.

If you can't join them, hate them.

1615.3.2012 17:18

Originally posted by robertmro:
Throwing red meat to the animals.

Knock yourselves out boy.

If you can't join them, hate them.
I don't think it's necessarily a case of "can't join them", but more of a case of "Won't Join Them", being the proper colloquialism.

1716.3.2012 10:52

I'm getting mine!!!!!
The way I see it you should get it only if you like to have the latests technology. Same with the phones. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything.

1816.3.2012 11:46

Originally posted by salsa36:
I'm getting mine!!!!!
The way I see it you should get it only if you like to have the latests technology. Same with the phones. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything.
Latest tech? 5mp camera, that doesn't sound high tech. 4 GLT, well sure, after pulling at their hair like a torqued up 30 year old slut that's been in a convent for a year & dropped 3 hits of X, sure I'll go with the hi-tech reasoning.

Gorilla glass. Phones have been using a while & laptops have been using it quite a while & even they haven't been making a big deal of it. No sale.

Dual processor. Where's the quad? They let the rumor mill bubble up the sewage pond few of stink about a quad with out a courtesy flush or even some potpourri of shutting that crap up. So, uhm, no... no tech on that one either.

Memory. No great gains there. Price. Old tit for tat there. 200K Apps, wow... tech advance...

I'm sorry... where did you say there was 'latest technology' in here somewhere? If I'm going to spend between $600/700 [add another $130 for your data GTE service through AT&T-Verizon](the $500 one is a waste & folks know it) for a monitor I'd better be getting one hell of a monitor. I've already got a computer that stomps the living, throbbing, shit out of this thing & I really have no need to carry it with me at all times.

And you're right, nobody's forcing anyone to buy anything. I'm certainly not.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive