The new iPad's battery gauge is lying to you

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 24 Mar 2012 14:19 User comments (6)

The new iPad's battery gauge is lying to you Dr. Raymond Soneira of Displaymate Technologies has reported this week that the new iPad's battery gauge is lying when it says "100 percent."
The new iPad holds a significantly larger battery than its predecessor, the iPad 2, and therefore requires many more hours to charge than previous generations.

Soneira says: "I measured the power actually drawn by the AC adapter and found that the new iPad continues to charge for up to 1 hour after it claims to reach 100%. This affects the battery run time if you stop charging when it says 100%."

As stated, if you want full capacity from your new iPad battery, you will need to keep charging the battery for another hour after it says "100 percent" in the meter.

The iPad is certainly not the first device to have a battery gauge which lies but it is likely the most high profile. Apple could potentially fix the issue in future firmware updates.

124.3.2012 18:54

No problem.I made my own charger with some 1000 amp diodes and connected them to a lightening rod. It only takes 2 microseconds to give me a full charge.Who needs a stinking AC adapter.

225.3.2012 17:40

What is the PIV of these diodes?

Either a bad joke that nobody will understand unless you are a techie. Other then that you are full of it.

Of course ipoople people have no idea............
Smile away!

By Paul McCartney

I was walking down the street the other day
Who did I meet
I met a friend of mine and he did say
Man I can smell your feet a mile away
Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away
Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away

Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away
Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away

I was walking down the street the other day
Who did I meet
I met a friend of mine and he did say
Man I can smell your breath a mile away

Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away
Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away

Who did I meet
I met a friend of mine and he did say
Man I can smell your teeth a mile away

Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away!

J/K Jeff

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Mar 2012 @ 17:41

Cars, Guitars & Radiation.

325.3.2012 19:15

Sounds like you've been eating sour grapes all your life the way you talk to people.
You always talk down to everyone like you are better than them.
I guess that's why Paul McCartney lives in the USA to get away from people like you.

Smile away, smile away, smile away, yeah smile away!

425.3.2012 19:28

Sorry you feel sub-human.
Not my problem.

I have a satirical point of view on life which keeps things interesting.

If you would of read my whole post you would of seen the J/K.

I also maybe old enough to be your Grand dad.

Talk about sour grapes......

525.3.2012 19:48

Well I doubt if your old enough to be my Grand dad since I'm 65 years old. I've had two heart attacks now and been diagnosed with cancer.I am just trying to spend what time I have left trying to help other people.I read your whole post but I didn't know what J/K stood for.Just to let you know I don't have any hard feelings so have a good day.

625.3.2012 20:16

Join the club guy.
I have liver cancer that was knocked out for now via chemoembolization. Which means I still have cancer but it is in check.

Now I have a cancerous lung.

I was on the liver transplant list. Now with having cancer somewhere else... Off the list. Rule of thumb is, I you develop cancer in any other organ we can't do anything for you. (Stanford U)More often, the cancer spreads to the pancreas. Not in my case. Like I said it doesn't matter what part of the you develop cancer in. With all the Vets who have come back from war that have Hep-c...... Hep-c in an epidemic you hear little about. It's always woman's breast and cervical cancer that gets all the media hype.

Yes I have Hep-C but I'll be damned if I know how I got it. Never an IV user. Only had a Tat at Lyle Tuttle in SF CA when I was 16.

Too many patients, too few livers to go around. That's the way life goes.

Let me tell you something.... No pity-pot for me. All the health problems I have are caused by me.

When you are young you feel invincible. Then when you get to be 57 as I am, all the nifty things you did when you were young come back to bite your ass.

Hope your heath issues can be worked out.

Jeff

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Mar 2012 @ 20:46

Cars, Guitars & Radiation.