AfterDawn: Tech news

Electronic Arts voted America's worst company

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 09 Apr 2012 21:17 User comments (12)

Electronic Arts voted America's worst company Electronic Arts (EA) has been voted America's Worst Company by readers of the Consumerist.
It appears that many readers were not fans of Mass Effect 3's unsatisfying ending, and many even accused the company of "disrespect."

Reads the Consumerist article: "Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank."

"There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date."


In response, EA had little to say: "We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

EA beat out numerous other companies, taking a massive 64.03 percent of the vote and beating out Bank of America, AT&T, Facebook, Comcast, PayPal and Ticketmaster.

Previous Next

Related news

 

12 user comments

19.4.2012 21:33

woah well i dont like much except the sims but im not a gamer anymore xD

29.4.2012 21:54

Quote:
"We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."
Enjoy having them only pirated now.

39.4.2012 23:31

While I'm no fan of EA, my votes certainly went to BofA and Comcast.

410.4.2012 0:48

This news is two weeks old, lol. Not that I saying anything bad about AD, just really no point to putting it up.

As for EA, they have a point, people may complain about their company but their stuff still sells.

510.4.2012 1:00

Originally posted by Mysttic:
This news is two weeks old, lol. Not that I saying anything bad about AD, just really no point to putting it up.

As for EA, they have a point, people may complain about their company but their stuff still sells.
Only because of the sports titles only other company is sega which is gaining ground if not already passing EA

This is Ron Blaze signing off

610.4.2012 7:50

My Votes for dice being the worst gaming company!!! That B3 patch ruined the game and no I didn't run around with the USAS on Metro Conquest.


No time for Leap frog!!!

710.4.2012 14:05

Quote:
Only because of the sports titles only other company is sega which is gaining ground if not already passing EA
You can say that, but at the end of the day sales is sales. Don't forget ME series does very well for them and TOR. It's not just sports, lol.

811.4.2012 14:32

Not sure why BOA is so hated as I have had them for the past 11 years and have had no problem with them what-so-ever except their attempt to charge 5 bucks for the debit transactions........which they retracted.

Comcast is my number 1 most hated.

913.4.2012 9:12

Lesson for EA. Don't piss off gamers. We know how to create VOTING BOTS!

1013.4.2012 13:18

EA hasn't made good games since the commodore 64 era. SKATE OR DIE!!

1113.4.2012 22:51

Very good MightyJAK I was just thinking the same thing.

1214.4.2012 15:13

Originally posted by MightyJAK:
EA hasn't made good games since the commodore 64 era. SKATE OR DIE!!
That game definitely kicked A$$ :)

No time for Leap frog!!!

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive