Facebook redesigns logo, icons

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 21 Apr 2013 14:30 User comments (9)

Facebook redesigns logo, icons Facebook has unveiled their newly redesigned logo alongside updated icons.
The new logo removes the blue bar that added a 3D effect, and also repositions the large "F."

Overall, the logos and icons are more "flat," following a wider industry trend of simplified logos that are more "visually striking," says Crunch.

Here are more of the updates:

Tags: Logo Facebook

121.4.2013 19:09

Ok, as far as all the other icons, I can agree. But the primary one? Why would you want to detract from an aesthetically pleasing visual?

On an unrelated tangent: first! Lol.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2013 @ 19:10

221.4.2013 23:26

Looks kind of like they're going back in time, not forward.... very bland

321.4.2013 23:51

High-contrast, minimalist seems to be quite the trend. Metro-style for sure.

422.4.2013 0:22

Originally posted by cart0181:
High-contrast, minimalist seems to be quite the trend. Metro-style for sure.
Very true, now that I think about what I see everyday

522.4.2013 0:33

Originally posted by Bigwillyz:
Originally posted by cart0181:
High-contrast, minimalist seems to be quite the trend. Metro-style for sure.
Very true, now that I think about what I see everyday
Logos seem to be on some sort of fashion cycle.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

622.4.2013 0:38

Originally posted by Jemborg:
Originally posted by Bigwillyz:
Originally posted by cart0181:
High-contrast, minimalist seems to be quite the trend. Metro-style for sure.
Very true, now that I think about what I see everyday
Logos seem to be on some sort of fashion cycle.
Much like most stuff out today, have you seen fashion lately? Some of it looks like trash bags, I'm not joking

722.4.2013 7:11

It schmells like a Windows8/WindowsBlue ripoff. Now every tech/ware company wants to go the "app" lookalike trend, because simplicity is easier. Less is More. I don't mind it....
...I just wish companies would be honest and call it what it is:
a copycat of a trend started by its original source.
That's how it has always been in the Computer tech world, Copycats, for the past 3+ decades.

822.4.2013 8:23

Not a slam on Facebook but not sure it matters what their icons look like...to me anyway. Maybe not the greatest idea though as a lot of their users are not very savvy and I bet easily confused.

Just my $0.02,

dEwMe

922.4.2013 10:04

I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if I hadn't been told.

:?

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-