Here are the first 13 games confirmed for the Xbox One

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 May 2013 0:02 User comments (13)

Here are the first 13 games confirmed for the Xbox One While there hasn't been too many games confirmed yet for the upcoming Xbox One console, we at least have the first 13.
Here they are:

Forza Motorsport 5 Microsoft Studios/Turn 10

Quantum Break Microsoft Studios/Remedy Entertainment

Ryse - Crytek

The first three games listed will be Microsoft exclusives. The next are multi-platformers that will also be available for the PS4:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal

Battlefield 4 Electronic Arts/DICE

Call of Duty: Ghosts Activision/Infinity Ward

Destiny Activision/Bungie

FIFA 14 EA Sports/EA Canada

Madden NFL 25 EA Sports/EA Tiburon

NBA Live EA Sports/EA Tiburon

Thief Square Enix/Eidos Montreal

UFC EA Sports/EA Canada

Watch Dogs Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal

Read more about the Xbox One here: Xbox One Details

Tags: Xbox One

123.5.2013 2:41

Still don't care: the exclusives is what sells me to a console to begin with, and 2 look interesting but it's not enough to make me gamble my $ on a system that evidently despises gamers. MS needs a magic rabbit come E3, or just forget about it.

223.5.2013 7:50

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

ZX Spectrum 128K

323.5.2013 8:08

I could care less. For 500$ I can get a new PC. If the system was 150 for the drm and lack of BWC I'd buy it but tis not and thus not worth my time.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

423.5.2013 8:24

With both the Xbox One & PS4 I'll be waiting on the 1st serious price revisions.
I never pay launch prices & it's best to wait & see exactly how things are working out reliability-wise.

It's also worth waiting & seeing if all the (over-done?) tales of anti-consumer matters actually arise oncet he unit is released.

Although after the original version of the Xbox 360 issues I suspect that Microsoft will have learned their lesson - the Xbox 360S certainly seems to be free of any unusual failure rates.

YLOD shows it can happen on all sides of this fence too.

523.5.2013 8:27

Originally posted by Interestx:

YLOD shows it can happen on all sides of this fence too.
You must like paper weights :P

---
Check out my crappy creations

623.5.2013 8:36

YLOD shows it can happen on all sides of this fence too.

The only good reason to purchase any console during the first few months of its lifetime is that it will likely be the easiest to mod down the road. Sometimes you get lucky and wait, and find an original unit in a pawn shop some place, but most times not. Otherwise your point of wait to see how it over all affects consumers down the road in 2+ years is smart.

723.5.2013 10:19

I'll bet a fair percentage of those games will be available on X360 and PS3 (and maybe Wii U).

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

823.5.2013 14:27

next generation for games that are going to be on ALL platforms and having the same graphics they have now????

NOT

924.5.2013 9:27

Originally posted by hearme0:

NOT
I wouldn't be too sure.
1080p/50-60Hz TVs pretty much lock out some of the advance you might expect.

My bet is that when it comes down to it they look very similar.
I think timed-exclusives are going to be the thing as both consoles now have some very similar architecture (blending with where current PCs are which should be a good thing, even if PCs remain, as they do, miles ahead in sheer power & graphics terms).

(and I would also bet Microsoft do the Sony trick of warming over old games & offering them in, if they aren't already, 1080p HD versions)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 May 2013 @ 9:30

1024.5.2013 11:32

Originally posted by Interestx:
Originally posted by hearme0:

NOT
I wouldn't be too sure.
1080p/50-60Hz TVs pretty much lock out some of the advance you might expect.

1080p/HDMI is so 5 years ago. With PC monitors coming out that support resolutions like 2560x1600 via DVI dual-link or DisplayPort (and newer HDMI), I really am wondering why there is not an effort to increase resolution of games. This would definitely make consoles stand out if it were noticeable.

1124.5.2013 12:14

Originally posted by Interestx:
I haven't minded that so much myself.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-

1224.5.2013 12:24

Originally posted by audvare:
1080p/HDMI is so 5 years ago.
You might think so but for the mass-market 1080p is 'it' for a long time to come.

Originally posted by Jemborg:

I haven't minded that so much myself.

Don't get me wrong Jemborg, that wasn't a criticism.
I would love to see a remake (high res, much bigger & with more stuff in it) of something like one of my old fav's 'Firestorm Thunderhawk 2' or 'Desert Strike' (without taking itself as serious as Hawx did, losing a lot of the fun somehow).

1324.5.2013 13:00

Originally posted by Interestx:
Don't get me wrong Jemborg, that wasn't a criticism.

I would like to see a remake of Dropship. The controls for that were crazy cool.

Na, I didn't think you were criticising, you had a good point b4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 May 2013 @ 13:01

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-