Apple stores will be able repair iPhone 5C, 5S in-store soon

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 07 Nov 2013 19:30 User comments (6)

Apple stores will be able repair iPhone 5C, 5S in-store soon Apple is in the process of equipping its retail stores to handle repairs for the iPhone 5S and 5C.
The move will expand on Apple's launch of the in-house repair program for the iPhone 5 earlier this year.

If you are no longer under warranty, you will have to pay a fee depending the damage to the device. For example, a broken screen will cost $150 to repair, replacement batteries will cost $79 and a stuck or damaged Home button for the 5C will cost $29. It is unclear what damaged Touch ID sensors cost to repair.

Any iPhone owner covered by AppleCare will receive free repairs.

More news

Related news

17.11.2013 23:09

That would have really been useful back when I was using the first iphone.

Check out my "PS2 Slim Internal HDD" Its a slim ps2 with an internal hdd! Here
Also Check Out My "Pc In An Xbox" Mod. Theres a whole Pc inside of it! Here

27.11.2013 23:50

Not that I love Apple, but they've offered on-site repair for a good long while.

37.11.2013 23:54

Originally posted by Bozobub:
I'm referring to the cracked screen option. Since, at least from this article, it seems that cracked screens are covered under warranty now. My iphone 2g was dropped by a dope and the screen shattered. It was either pay 200$ to get it fixed even under warranty, or buy an iphone 3g.
Went with the 3g.

Check out my "PS2 Slim Internal HDD" Its a slim ps2 with an internal hdd! Here
Also Check Out My "Pc In An Xbox" Mod. Theres a whole Pc inside of it! Here

418.11.2013 11:28

Thank goodness, its seriously about time
Are they still going to charge and arm and leg?
Thinking of trying a local repair store though otherwise, anyone in the UK has experience of www.yourapplephoneexpert.co.uk this team Not really sure myself

518.11.2013 14:43

omg apple are repairing there own phones,
wait a minute arn't apple responsible for repairs or replacement should there products fail (which we have seen plenty of times).
seems logical they can repair on site,hate to ask the question but are apple cheaper than other local phone repair shops.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

618.11.2013 15:35

As noted above, Apple always did in-house repair, they just lowered costs somewhat. And upon a little Googlin', no they're NOT cheaper, generally, than 3rd-party solutions.

Latest user comments