Games for Windows' Jason Holtman leaves Microsoft after just six months

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 13 Feb 2014 13:11 User comments (6)

Games for Windows' Jason Holtman leaves Microsoft after just six months Six months ago, Microsoft hired Jason Holtman to turn around its struggling Games for Windows Live program, but it appears there will be more work as far as that is concerned.
Holtman has confirmed that he has left the company. Holtman joined Microsoft after eight years of working at Steam.

According to the execs' LinkedIn page, he left last month, and a Facebook post confirms: "Last week I left Microsoft and said goodbye to my friends there. Now looking around for something interesting and fun-no end of that in video games!"

The company remains committed to gaming, says game guru Ken Lobb but the time frame is extended: "Please let us continue to do that over a five-year period so we can have real impact. That's how it feels right now."

More news

Related news

113.2.2014 15:13

Who???

Who cares!

213.2.2014 18:36

I fear for future gaming on the PC. It truly is the best platform, but no one except for Valve seems to have any passion for it.

314.2.2014 9:05

Originally posted by DarthMopar:
Problem is we are in the minority of people that share that view. It has been a while since I used a pc for games. I usually just refer to the PS3 and the 55" tv along with my feet up in the air on the recliner.

That is it, I'm getting lazier as I get older. Oh how I do miss the days of going to the video arcade and playing such great hits as Donkey Kong and Elevator man.

414.2.2014 12:28

I'm not into consoles anymore. Though nintendo generates games that appeal to me. So the Wii gets my attention every now and again. I definitely like Steam games. As well as Grand Theft Auto :D I sure hope games for PC's don't diminish :S

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!

516.2.2014 8:55

Games for windows was MS attempt to take over the whole PC games industry and force it into a console like existence.

The real problem is the Xbox platform on the PC is really awkward and a waste of time.

not many people on PC are going to pay for stuff that is already free and was out on PC first many years ago, like voice comms/commands etc.

I don't blame the guy for leaving as MS gave this "games platform" one last shot with age of empires online as a freebie game. I do have a copy of it, the whole thing just doesn't work like steam or the other ones even EA's version works so much better than Game for Windows.

617.2.2014 13:40

Originally posted by molsen:
Originally posted by DarthMopar:

That is it, I'm getting lazier as I get older.

+1. Though there are some nostalgic aspects of pc gaming. I have all my Half-Life games purchased through valve. I like to play these old games cranked up to full quality and they look insane. Plus, if you have 3 monitors and ATI infinity, you could expand your resolution to the 3 monitors across. Looks great. But your right. Sitting in a computer chair takes its toll. And I'm only 34.

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5