AfterDawn: Tech news

'Flappy Bird' to make triumphant comeback in August

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 14 May 2014 17:52 User comments (15)

'Flappy Bird' to make triumphant comeback in August Dong Nguyen, maker of the blockbuster mobile game 'Flappy Bird,' is set to bring the game back in August with new multiplayer features.
Additionally, the game will be "less addictive" than the original, although it is unclear how the developer will make that happen.

Nguyen took the game down from the Android and iOS app stores in February following guilt that players were spending too much time playing the "addictive" game. At the time, the developer was allegedly making $50,000 a week from ads.

The game was downloaded over 50 million times, and is still played by tens of millions.


Tags: Flappy Bird

More news

Previous Next

Related news

 

15 user comments

114.5.2014 17:58

Of course it's coming back!!! This was all just marketing. Tell people they can't have something and make them want it more. Then rerelease it and sell a shit load of apps. Go ahead and buy it... SUCKERS!!!!!!

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank!!!

214.5.2014 19:51

I'm also going to point out that this is a rather dipshit game. Simple game for simpleton people. Totally not fun, boring and a dramatic waste of time. A repetitious game that no INTELLIGENT person will find entertaining for more than a minute or two.

Anyone that says....."I've played for hours"......well.......'nough said...just take a look at the goof or have a brief conversation with him/her and I'm sure you'll realise why they played for hours.

This game actually dumbs people down and they are too dumb as is to notice.

314.5.2014 22:12

Originally posted by hearme0:
I'm also going to point out that this is a rather dipshit game. Simple game for simpleton people. Totally not fun, boring and a dramatic waste of time. A repetitious game that no INTELLIGENT person will find entertaining for more than a minute or two.

Anyone that says....."I've played for hours"......well.......'nough said...just take a look at the goof or have a brief conversation with him/her and I'm sure you'll realise why they played for hours.

This game actually dumbs people down and they are too dumb as is to notice.
I nominate this for most BS comment of 2014.

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****

415.5.2014 2:05

The bitter & twisted AfterDawn members are out in force today...

Originally posted by mightyzog:
Of course it's coming back!!! This was all just marketing. Tell people they can't have something and make them want it more. Then rerelease it and sell a shit load of apps. Go ahead and buy it... SUCKERS!!!!!!

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Your rant would make sense if he re-released the app quickly but it has been a few months and the hype has dissipated (mobile gamers are notoriously fickle).

And the game was free so I don't know how you could be a "SUCKER" by downloading it.

Originally posted by hearme0:

This game actually dumbs people down and they are too dumb as is to notice.

There are some games I don't like or understand the appeal but I don't call the people that play them stupid.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 May 2014 @ 2:05

515.5.2014 2:13

I won't have time for it. I'm addicted to Clash of Clans right now.

615.5.2014 7:35

I was addicted to this silly game. I'm not going to download it this time.

715.5.2014 15:23

I certainly can't think of any way to make the game less addictive when I got bored of it after about 60 seconds.



815.5.2014 17:06

Originally posted by Morreale:
Originally posted by hearme0:
I'm also going to point out that this is a rather dipshit game. Simple game for simpleton people. Totally not fun, boring and a dramatic waste of time. A repetitious game that no INTELLIGENT person will find entertaining for more than a minute or two.

Anyone that says....."I've played for hours"......well.......'nough said...just take a look at the goof or have a brief conversation with him/her and I'm sure you'll realise why they played for hours.

This game actually dumbs people down and they are too dumb as is to notice.
I nominate this for most BS comment of 2014.
oh god dont encourage him.hes our resident troll.

916.5.2014 10:22

This game was available for free. Soon as the owner stopped putting it out, scalpers on Craigslist were hawking it for money.
Example: they would sell a used mobile device or something like that, with the game installed- scalper would ask as much as $10k for the whole package. Ten Grand!
Well, their Craigslist ads were getting flagged and they were counter-trolled; so now they're trying to sell the game app installed in the device, asking $1k or $2k (1,000 or 2,000) and often a little higher in price.

All that while, I'm like "WTF would anyone wanna pay THAT Much for a friggin game app installed in a mobile device?!"
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm really not a fan of this game.
Give me Pong or give me death! lol

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 May 2014 @ 10:24

1016.5.2014 10:30

Originally posted by aldan:
Originally posted by Morreale:
Originally posted by hearme0:
I'm also going to point out that this is a rather dipshit game. Simple game for simpleton people. Totally not fun, boring and a dramatic waste of time. A repetitious game that no INTELLIGENT person will find entertaining for more than a minute or two.

Anyone that says....."I've played for hours"......well.......'nough said...just take a look at the goof or have a brief conversation with him/her and I'm sure you'll realise why they played for hours.

This game actually dumbs people down and they are too dumb as is to notice.
I nominate this for most BS comment of 2014.
oh god dont encourage him.hes our resident troll.
Yeah, and we're not even halfway through 2014!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 May 2014 @ 10:31

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.


DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD

1116.5.2014 13:37

Originally posted by MagengarZ:
This game was available for free. Soon as the owner stopped putting it out, scalpers on Craigslist were hawking it for money.
Example: they would sell a used mobile device or something like that, with the game installed- scalper would ask as much as $10k for the whole package. Ten Grand!
Well, their Craigslist ads were getting flagged and they were counter-trolled; so now they're trying to sell the game app installed in the device, asking $1k or $2k (1,000 or 2,000) and often a little higher in price.

All that while, I'm like "WTF would anyone wanna pay THAT Much for a friggin game app installed in a mobile device?!"
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm really not a fan of this game.
Give me Pong or give me death! lol
Yeah...I got a kick out of that too. Anyone dumb enough to spend $10K for a device that has a side-loadable free app on it deserves to get screwed.


1217.5.2014 2:50

This was probably the worst game ever I've ever had the misfortune of trying out, when I heard about the hype and people trying get to sell their devices with it on for ridiculous prices on ebay I did a Google search and found the android version for free in about 30 secs, I was amazed at how bad it was.
But to put in perspective of how brain dead people are, I saw a guy selling his iPad on ebay with a buy it now price of 250,000 ($424,000 usd), needless to say it didn't sell, but I was tempted to click the buy it now button for a gag and possibly make the idiot selling it soil himself with excitement before informing him he is simply a muppet who needs to find a better way of making money.
Lol


"Trying is the first step towards Failure" Homer.J.Simpson

1317.5.2014 3:01

I'm in the mood to set myself up a fake email account so that
I can go on ebay and craigslist and troll all the idiots who are still trying to sell their devices with Flappy Bird installed for outrageous thousand-dollar ammounts, just to piss them off when they realize the "buyer" turned out to be a fake transaction.

1417.5.2014 16:09

Don't blame the people selling used iPads for $10K...blame the people buying them.



1525.5.2014 5:25

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Dont blame the people selling used iPads for $10K...blame the people buying them.
I blame them both.

Its a lot easier being righteous than right

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive