AfterDawn congratulates Dela on his 10 years of service

Written by Petteri Pyyny (Google+) @ 23 Aug 2014 7:24 User comments (11)

AfterDawn congratulates Dela on his 10 years of service Today marks as a milestone for both AfterDawn, and our Irish senior staff member, James "Dela" Delahunty. He was the first hired employee of AfterDawn back in August 2004 when our site was slowly evolving from a hobby to a business.
Dela has been, and still is, an integral part of our team of tech journalists and has published several thousand news articles on our site through the past 10 years. His articles and guides have been read by millions and millions of people over the years.

I personally consider him, not just a colleague, but also my friend. A friend that I have never met in person, but who has been a part of the daily life of the entire AfterDawn team for more than a decade – at first, as an active forum member and later, for the past 10 years, as a valuable member of our team.

If the next ten years turn out to be anything like the last, we will all be very happy indeed!

Thank you, mate!

On behalf of Team AfterDawn,

Petteri Pyyny, CEO
AfterDawn Oy

P.S. Here's a link to James' first-ever news article published on our site:

Music downloads in UK rise up 200% since June (23rd August, 2004)

Tags: AfterDawn

Related news

123.8.2014 7:33

Thanks a lot buddy :-)

Ye, it is kind of odd we haven't met yet, though I don't think you've met anyone who worked on this team (english) yet?

God, I just read over that first news item and I can remember writing it clear as day. It looks kind of odd without the V3 layout around it, giant paragraphs and not particularly well written ;-) I guess that's how a 17 year old writes ;-)

Thanks for the acknowledgment buddy!

223.8.2014 9:19

Ty for your contributions Dela.

323.8.2014 11:34

Thanks!

423.8.2014 14:24

Thanks, matey! =)

Oh, and keep an eye on your mail!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Aug 2014 @ 14:25

Jari Ketola
Administrator

523.8.2014 14:38

Originally posted by Ketola:
Thanks, matey! =)

Oh, and keep an eye on your mail!

I know, Petteri sent me a link tracking a package with an origin of Finland.

I'm so happy that you have decided to send me your car, Jari, I will cherish it always!!

623.8.2014 20:04

Thanks for everything you have done for the site, and glad to see that you are still around after all this time.

I miss the old AD IRC channel, it just seemed to fade away, but always enjoyed talking with you there.

724.8.2014 9:19

Originally posted by Xian:

Hey bud, long time!

Ye I miss that old IRC channel, was a fun place to hang out but I think work and life and everything depleted the place. But it was definitely a good spot to hang out on for a long time! :-)

Btw, thanks Mysttic & GryphB!

824.8.2014 15:11

Good stuff Dela. I wonder where we'll all be in another 10 years!

924.8.2014 21:48

Congrats! *goes back to lurking*

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations

1114.9.2014 10:15

Cheers Dela. Big up ya man. :)

Its a lot easier being righteous than right.

DSE VZ300-
Zilog Z80 CPU, 32KB RAM (16K+16K cartridge), video processor 6847, 2KB video RAM, 16 colours (text mode), 5.25" FDD