AfterDawn: Tech news

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has killer specs, tons of features

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 05 Sep 2014 0:24 User comments (6)

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has killer specs, tons of features Samsung unveiled their Galaxy Note 4 earlier this week, showing off a phablet with killer specs and a plethora of features.
The note 4 has a 5.7 inch inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen, (2560 x 1440 resolution) and is powered by a 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 805 CPU or a 1.9 GHz Octa-Core Exynos CPU depending on your network and country.

Additionally, the phone has 3GB RAM, 32GB external storage, microSD slot for up to 64GB, a 16MP rear camera with Smart OIS, a 3.7MP front facing camera with "Wide Selfie" features.

The phone runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, the phone has support for 4G Cat 4, 4G Cat 6, 3G / HSPA+. 2.5G support and has a large 3220 mAh removable battery with Fast Charging tech.

On the software side, we have Air Command with Action Memo, Smart Select, Image Clip, Screen Write, S Note, Snap Note and Direct Pen Input, also it comes with improved Multi Window, Ultra Power Saving Mode, Voice Recorder, Interview Mode Recording capability, Dynamic Lock Screen, Briefing, Download Booster, S Health 3.5, UV sensor, Heart Rate Monitoring, Bluetooth v4.1, IR LED, HDR rich tone software for camera along with Selective Focus, Rear-cam Selfie, Dual Camera, Virtual Tour Shot, Shot & More, Beauty Face, and others.

All four major carriers in the U.S. will carry the phone, which is expected to cost $700 off-contract.

Source:
Android GS

Previous Next  

6 user comments

15.9.2014 15:09

So tough... I can't decide if this is finally the phone to replace my S2 or not... it has some great stuff but they left out the dust/water proof feature that I expected to be standard from Samsung because of the S5. I was also hoping for the first ever 4gb of ram... that one is nitpicking.. but it was rumored to be in this phone. Still I am sure it is going to be a great phone and I may still yet get it.

Almost forgot, if it can fully charge the phone in an hour then that would be a huge plus! I also think I heard they went backwards and made this phone USB 2.0 where the Note 3 had USB 3.0... that makes me shake my head.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Sep 2014 @ 15:11

25.9.2014 17:04

First of all if you travel overseas it will not work and Samsung has lousy support and lousy software upgrades. Kit Kat 4.4.4 has problems plus $700 so as far as I'm concerned they can keep it. Check out LG instead.

36.9.2014 11:58

Originally posted by ronhondo:
First of all if you travel overseas it will not work and Samsung has lousy support and lousy software upgrades. Kit Kat 4.4.4 has problems plus $700 so as far as I'm concerned they can keep it. Check out LG instead.
yes I agree the LG GS3 is an attractive phone with lots of features.

46.9.2014 12:13

The waterproof is the issue on this phone for me and as to Samsung's upgrade software I don't see a problem there.

I have the S4 so if I was going to jump up, I want the size of the Note and the S5 waterproof feature. I do like the protocol features supported by this phone that is a definite upgrade.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Sep 2014 @ 12:14

517.9.2014 20:33

Originally posted by harhumph:
So tough... I can't decide if this is finally the phone to replace my S2 or not... it has some great stuff but they left out the dust/water proof feature that I expected to be standard from Samsung because of the S5. I was also hoping for the first ever 4gb of ram... that one is nitpicking.. but it was rumored to be in this phone. Still I am sure it is going to be a great phone and I may still yet get it.

Almost forgot, if it can fully charge the phone in an hour then that would be a huge plus! I also think I heard they went backwards and made this phone USB 2.0 where the Note 3 had USB 3.0... that makes me shake my head.
If you have a note 3 then why replace an S2? Business phone?

This is superman

617.9.2014 20:35

Originally posted by Mr-Movies:
The waterproof is the issue on this phone for me and as to Samsung's upgrade software I don't see a problem there.

I have the S4 so if I was going to jump up, I want the size of the Note and the S5 waterproof feature. I do like the protocol features supported by this phone that is a definite upgrade.
I do not see the craze in waterproof phones. In 22 years of me owning a cell phone I have yet to need that.

This is superman

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

A bug in Chrome allows you to download Netflix movies A bug in Chrome allows you to download Netflix movies (25 Jun 2016 15:21)
A group of security researchers have found a vulnerability in Google's Chrome browser that allows downloading movies straight from Netflix. This is obviously not a feature especially the entertainment ....
7 user comments
Three out of four Netflix customers would rather cancel than watch ads Three out of four Netflix customers would rather cancel than watch ads (25 Jun 2016 14:05)
For a long time Netflix was adamant on its pricing. No changes were made for a long time and everything seemed to be good. The markets obviously reacted and more expensive deals and original ....
4 user comments
Apple Music left in the dust, Spotify at 100 million subscribers Apple Music left in the dust, Spotify at 100 million subscribers (25 Jun 2016 12:01)
Spotify has told The Telegraph that it has surpassed the 100 million mark in subscribers. Paying subscribers was earlier this year reported to have passed 30 million. Apple meanwhile is having ....
2 user comments
Rumor has it that Apple has cancelled iPhone's dual camera Rumor has it that Apple has cancelled iPhone's dual camera (18 Jun 2016 18:05)
The next iPhone will be a major upgrade to current iPhone 6s. This biyearly full upgrade cycle provides us with a bigger upgrade every two years. But how will Apple update its number one product, ....
6 user comments
OnePlus releases new flagship killer, smaller X discontinued OnePlus releases new "flagship killer", smaller X discontinued (18 Jun 2016 16:11)
The small Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus took the world by storm two years ago by releasing a super cheap flagship smartphone. They called it the flagship killer, and it indeed challenged ....
4 user comments

News archive