AfterDawn: Tech news

Bethesda looking into more mobile games following surprise success of Fallout Shelter

Written by Andre Yoskowitz (Google+) @ 23 Feb 2016 21:57 User comments (7)

Bethesda looking into more mobile games following surprise success of Fallout Shelter Bethesda, following the surprise success of Fallout Shelter, is looking to develop more mobile games.
Fallout Shelter made $5.1 million during its first two weeks of availability, buoyed by a franchise name and untraditional gameplay.

Todd Haward, creative director at Bethesda, says the company built a new Montreal studio specifically for PC and mobile gaming, suggesting mobile is a big deal moving forward.

It has been confirmed that the company is already building an iPad card battler, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, using another successful franchise name as a base.

Source:
PocketGamer

Previous Next  

7 user comments

124.2.2016 19:01

Bbbooo!!!!!
Then again FO4 was not that good....so yay?


Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/

224.2.2016 19:46

I liked Fallout 3 the best, of the 1st-person POV parts of the series. Of course, I was born and raised in Washington, D.C., so sneaking through its blasted ruins with a sledgehammer, braining super-mutants, had an especially fine flavor to me xD ...

That said, I have few problems with the later games, beyond the standard Bethesda Bounty of Bugs® -.-' .

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Feb 2016 @ 19:53

324.2.2016 20:17

Originally posted by Bozobub:
I liked Fallout 3 the best, of the 1st-person POV parts of the series. Of course, I was born and raised in Washington, D.C., so sneaking through its blasted ruins with a sledgehammer, braining super-mutants, had an especially fine flavor to me xD ...

That said, I have few problems with the later games, beyond the standard Bethesda Bounty of Bugs® -.-' .
I like the stories in NV more and how NV handled acouple things like multi ammo types, man I need to finish my mod ><
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Biid3hkt0

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/

424.2.2016 20:27

I really enjoyed FO4...you can argue that it isn't as good as 3 or New Vegas in some ways, but you won't convince me that it wasn't the best game of the year...it may have also been the buggiest game of the year, but that's what console commands are for. As for people who bought a Bethesda game for the PS4 or Xbox One...what did they expect? Fallout 3 still doesn't work right on the PS3 and it was released in 2008! Then again, the PS4 and One are just as totalitarian as the PS3 and 360, so maybe some people just don't learn.

Shelter...that was an obvious cash grab; any game that requires you to re-purchase DLC's when you start a new save (and that also has save corruption issues) is a scam. Now a card game??? You can get GTA San Andreas on Android...and you don't need a top-end model to run it. Making a card game is just lazy; even an Angry Birds clone with different characters would require more effort.



524.2.2016 22:39

Originally posted by KillerBug:
I really enjoyed FO4...you can argue that it isn't as good as 3 or New Vegas in some ways, but you won't convince me that it wasn't the best game of the year...it may have also been the buggiest game of the year, but that's what console commands are for. As for people who bought a Bethesda game for the PS4 or Xbox One...what did they expect? Fallout 3 still doesn't work right on the PS3 and it was released in 2008! Then again, the PS4 and One are just as totalitarian as the PS3 and 360, so maybe some people just don't learn.

Shelter...that was an obvious cash grab; any game that requires you to re-purchase DLC's when you start a new save (and that also has save corruption issues) is a scam. Now a card game??? You can get GTA San Andreas on Android...and you don't need a top-end model to run it. Making a card game is just lazy; even an Angry Birds clone with different characters would require more effort.

FO4 is a great shooter but not much else, the level map design is decent but the RPG elements and dialogue was trashed ...even ME was better at times...but not by much....

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/

626.2.2016 7:37

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the Fallout games..hell I even play Shelter still, despite the lack of any real updates for several months (Santa suits don't count!).

726.2.2016 7:44

Originally posted by DarthMopar:
I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the Fallout games..hell I even play Shelter still, despite the lack of any real updates for several months (Santa suits don't count!).
I can play it to kill time but to really enjoy any game it needs depth.... and Bethesda games tend to lack that....wide as a ocean deep as a puddle....

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/

Comments have been disabled for this article.

News archive