Fancy buying something that wont work with Nagra3
|SCART 1||RGB, CVBS|
|SCART 2||RGB, CVBS|
|Digital audio||RCA (coaxial)|
|Additional info||2008 model|
- RS-232 (RS-232 connector)
RS-232 connector is usually used to upgrade device's firmware and can't be normally used to transfer videos from the device to a PC.
- MHP (MHP support)
MHP is a unified standard for interactive digital TV services. The standard is mostly used in the Nordic countries.
- Teletext (Integrated Teletext)
Integrated Teletext allows using Teletext services with the device, whether the connected TV supports Teletext or not.
- Conax (Integrated Conax card reader)
Conax is a form of encryption method used by several European pay-TV operators. Without Conax reader, those channels can't be accessed, as the authentication car provided by pay-TV operator can be read only by Conax reader.
- Tuners (Number of tuners)
If the device includes multiple tuners, it typically allows picture-in-picture functions (and, in case of PVR-capable devices, recording) for two or more channels, even if the channels are physically located in different multiplexes.
- HDMI (HDMI output)
If the device includes HDMI output, it can be connected digitally to a HDMI-capable display (for example, most flat-screen TVs).
- Cable Ready HD (Cable Ready HD certified)
Cable Ready HD certification is used in Finland to notify that the device is officially approved by Finnish cable TV operators to be used in receiving HDTV broadcast signal over cable TV.
My friend and I bought one of these boxes at the same time. Mine had a weird fault with the controller and I got it exchanged. My friends became defective and lost all the channels, he got an exchange for a starview (better box- more stable).
My replacement box is riddled with problems.
1. Epg menu doesn’t respond quickly/ freezes/ box locks up. Sometimes I have to wait for a while for the tv menu to appear, other times I have to switch the box off
2. controller commands can freeze box up. This happens rarely but is annoying as it might fix itself or I have to switch the box off
3. Channel update doesn’t update only the channels you want, it also adds the channels you deleted again and then autosorts your manually organised channel listings - which is crap.
4. fast install works fine, but the auto sort doesn’t place all channels in correct listings.
5. Some found channels lack titles, so require manual editing to rename them- which will be lost again once you have to update the channels/ factory reset the box
6. Manually organising your favourites, besides being a waste of time- because every time you have to reset/update all your efforts will be lost (which I have to do once a month). When you manually organise , you cant do more than 20-40 channels without exiting and saving and then going back in to continue, else the box will freeze and will reset with a pop. This will result in loosing all your efforts.
7. Storing an imagine of your channel listing is another waste of time as that appears to store the bug/ current encryption code. So if you need to update your channels or the encryption code has changed the channel listing imagine stored on your pc wont work.
8. Channels stop working. Currently this happens with fly movies and disco real channels. The channels get the following messages’ please insert smart card’ ‘please wait, code being updated’. If your box is like mine, you can do a factory reset, switch it off n on, unplug it, do an fancy dance, sing it a love song and all it will do is flicker the same messages up….
So For £100, for a box that has a better menu that a starview….. well idea rather wished I had exchanged for a starview like my friend as having to update my box every few weeks, isn’t good.
I think the firmware needs redoing as its just too unstable, quite glitchy.
IM quite unhappy with this box
A Super piece of kit for the money!
Has paid for its self several times in the 18 months I've had it!
Has gone down twice, but like me, I'm sure you chaps and chapesses out there can get the new firmware or codes to manually plumb in no probs!
although pricey for a new one well worth it such a great dofference with the latest updates such a more professional look that any other box on the market an i have compared loads *view/ replay lite/ digivox and d box's the lot
If you are looking for a Set Top Box to view your channels, but you haven't got a Technical mind, this is the box for you
Great quality, and if set up correctly, it will never give you any problems and the picture quality is almost perfect, at a resolution of 720x576
I really recommend the Eurovox, probably the best cable box around!
This is a quality built box. Good feature, ease off use and reliable. Has a great team of developers who release regular updates...(just got the recent firmware)...also there is great support on the formus.
Would love it had an ethernet function for updating...however even the current way is made very easy and straightfoward.
Apart from the updated fixes and firmware one can easily munually input codes...handy!!
This box is a good money saving investment...
A fantastic box, very easy to set up even for newbies. Also with recent code changes, I haven't had any majot problems, just a case of putting in temporary keys and the updating with new firmware.
Great box all in all, and plenty of support on various forums if you do have any issues.
First one i bought had a fault and exchange wasnt a problem as i bought from pc fair ith 12mnths waranty.
Box is simple enough for me as im a complete novice, whose only understanding is plugging in a freeview box.
My only grips are more wish list than faults. The menu for organising the channels can become a pain if your trying to sort the channels manually- in channel manager. As if you accidently click on the red button all channels are then re-organised in alphabetical- loosing your manual settings.
I wish the box had the feature to go through the tv guide and add reminders so that when your fav program is about too take on another channel it reminds you and gives the option to change channel now- wen program starts or cancel.
But maybe im just being greeding!.
A truely remarkable unit and has a superior tuner to the other STB'S on the market.
On my opinion this box is the best when compared to the other STB'S such as any of the Starview models & the new kryptview aRNeT which does have some cool features but again reliability and stability the Eurovox comes out top banana.
Review this product
|Forum room||Lastest post|
|Blast form the past - Eurovox ex5000 no channels ( 2 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||07 Jun 2013 10:13|
|Eurovox ( 7 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||08 Nov 2011 19:02|
|eurovox codes ( 2 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||22 Oct 2011 14:16|
|eurovox max v ( 4 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||12 Jul 2011 9:21|
|EUROVOX ( 3 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||16 Jun 2011 4:23|
|Eurovox Ex5000 Saorview ( 3 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||03 May 2011 8:59|
|Eurovox worth a buy ? ( 10 )||Home theater / Digital TV - United States & Canada||28 Feb 2011 15:55|
|eurovox max v ost channels 2010 ( pages 1 2 3 )||Home theater / Digital TV - United States & Canada||21 Feb 2011 12:43|
|will eurovox work via internet ( 7 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||11 Dec 2010 18:31|
|Can I use my old eurovox to watch the free to air channels? ( 2 )||Home theater / Digital TV - UK & Europe||24 Nov 2010 5:17|
Did you notice incorrect or missing information? Submit us corrections for these details
Do you have questions or comments regarding this product? Use our discussion forums to find out more about this and thousands of other products.