Subscribe to AfterDawn's weekly newsletter.
Vista / Win2k / Win7 / WinXP
Instead of just presenting the original Windows plain list of installed applications, requiring you to guess the best choice for opening a given file - OpenWith Enhanced extends this list with some of the most popular applications selected by past users to successfully open that specific file type, based on a constantly-updated online database.
Applications that have already been installed onto your computer are marked accordingly, so you will know immediately which ones you have access to. If you choose a non-installed application however, you will be redirected to the appropriate program's official website that contains all the relevant downloading and purchasing information.
Some extra handy features include...
- Change the icon associated with each file type
- Remove or disable for a current user any given file association (especially handy on WindowsVista / Windows7 OS, where such options aren't available through standard UI)
- Clear the Open With... menu from any unneeded applications
- Autofill file type description for new associations with the most popular ones
- It works natively on both x86 and x64 versions of Windows and respects UAC settings
openwith enhanced windows explorer open with
1License and operating system information is based on latest version of the software.
(No user ratings yet)